Emergency PIZZA help

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby deszignerchick » May 26th, 2006, 6:27 am

BeachBaby wrote:But I am not being hard on myself. If you see other posts of mine, you will see that I have tried many other diets. I never lose anything. So when I plateaued this week, I started having the same failure feelings as before. I said to myself- why have a shake and NOT lose? I should have PIZZA and not lose!

You guys don't realize how hard it is to see that I have lost nothing this week- when there are people skinnier than me that have lost 15 pounds by their second week of medifasting. I know I should not compare- but it does drive me crazy. I wanted to see the same great results as others did- losing 20 pounds their first month, 15 the next and so on...I guess I expected too much.

I know you will all argue with this, but after being on so many other diets that did not work, I saw that I was already plateauing 3 weeks into Medifasting, so I got angry and ate.

Beach Baby:
I have more than twice the amount that you have to lose, its seems that after my 1st initial drop, every 8 days or so the scale does not budge. Its hard and can be frustrating. I have learned to take the word diet out of my vocabulary. This is a LIFESTYLE change. If I stick to it, I know the weight will come off. In the meantime, I feel better that my body is not overloaded with sugar, I went to the DR and my bloodwork came back great, and my clothes fit better than they have in a longtime.

Just pick yourself up, and start again. It may seem easier for the ones that are dropping weight quickly, but...they have the same daily struggles as we all do. So, we can all do this together!
Have a great Medi-Day!!!

Gayle
deszignerchick
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » May 26th, 2006, 7:27 am

you know i can relate to being let down after being good and hoping to see a big initial drop...but hey.. i only dropped 5 lbs...yeah its still a loss, not as big as i wanted... but you cant say you are trying so hard if you are giving in to cravings just because you didnt lose in the first week. you know what i figured out? Aunt flo was right around the corner (got it yesterday yeck :( ) so that was probably why..and i wont get mad if i dont see a loss this week because of it) if you stick it out...you may have seen that big drop you were hoping for in a week or so after you hit the plateau... not to make you feel bad, but if you are working so hard to make it work then you wont get discouraged by a little upset... we can say we tried a bunch of diets that didnt work...but really if a diet consists of healthy eating and exercise all of them work if you stick to them...medifast has been proven to give quicker results granted, but dont make excuses that you arent losing weight by saying its the diets fault, or its your bodys fault... there comes a point where YOU have to say... I am doing this and screw anything in my way.

hence im single...lol no guys and their drama are screwing up my dang weight loss.

we are all here for you but if you are not willing to commit yourself even if we talk and talk and talk to you and you post, you wont see results...so pick your self up...and pick up that shaker and those packets and do medifast full throttle! :)
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby GucciGoo » May 26th, 2006, 7:56 am

EmoGirl I think you mis-read my post completely. I DID lose weight in my first week. I did NOT lose much the week of my period and nothing the week after. That is why I was mad.

You should also read the rest of my posts before you accuse me of "making excuses". It IS my body's fault. I just had a baby a few months ago and my metabolism has slowed down because of it. My doctor agrees.

Be nice.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby gr8bnme » May 26th, 2006, 8:09 am

Beachbaby,

i too was a very slow loser. i had an entire month when i only lost 3 pounds and i was compliant and never cheated. was i discouraged, yes. i decided to only weigh once a month because i knew that i would want to give up if i was completely compliant and the scale wasn't moving or God forbidden went up (which happened) :x . it eventually all comes off. i lost 70 pounds in 10 mos. i really don't think that would ever have happened on any other plan.

the other great thing about medifast is that i think you lose more body mass than you do weight. i'm 5'0" and weigh 122 and wear a size 2. I can even easily fit a size 0. I don't know many people who weigh 122 are 5 feet and wear a 0 or 2. so you end up smaller somehow which makes me think that even if you aren't losing weight, you are losing inches. this makes you smaller at higher weights.

in any event, take the scale with a grain of salt. it doesn't always tell you the entire story. and you may end up jeapordizing your journey for no reason at all, because while your scale says one number, you body size is really getting smaller.

just my 2 cents from my experience on medifast. good luck!
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby mommaof3boys » May 26th, 2006, 8:42 am

BeachBaby wrote:I just had a baby a few months ago and my metabolism has slowed down because of it. My doctor agrees.

Yet another reason you should not be so hard on yourself.

Are you nursing? I NEVER lost weight until I quit.

Have you had your thyroid checked? We should all do this post partum because thyroid issues are very common after pregnancy.

I just had a baby "a few months ago" - HAH! he is 13 months old . . . It took me a year to go from 173 to 151. Hormones were definitely an issue, also commitment - hard to stick to a diet for months and months with slow results.

You did not gain the weight overnight and you will not lose it over night - after 3 pregnancies I have learned this is true about my body. In fact, even 18 months was not quite enough for me - I would get within 10 pounds or so and get pregnant again.

I say you are on the right track. If you are not losing quickly being compliant with Medifast, think of how much more slowly you would lose on other plans!
Medifast start date 5/10/2006

5'6"

151/144/127
mommaof3boys
Trusted Member

Postby DogMa » May 26th, 2006, 2:32 pm

BeachBaby wrote:
You guys don't realize how hard it is to see that I have lost nothing this week- when there are people skinnier than me that have lost 15 pounds by their second week of medifasting. I know I should not compare- but it does drive me crazy. I wanted to see the same great results as others did- losing 20 pounds their first month, 15 the next and so on...I guess I expected too much.

I know you will all argue with this, but after being on so many other diets that did not work, I saw that I was already plateauing 3 weeks into Medifasting, so I got angry and ate.

Oh, BeachBaby, I'm the POSTER CHILD for slow losers!! My metabolism is so ruined that not only do I not lose on other diets, but when I returned to Weight Watchers a few months before starting Medifast (and after giving up on my old, reliable Atkins because I wasn't losing on it anymore), I actually GAINED 5 pounds in the first month despite sticking to the plan religiously.

So now I lose slowly - but I lose. Not every day, and not even every week. But I'm down nearly 60 pounds and I'm 15 pounds from my goal. It's taken me forEVER, and like you, I've had a few small detours. But if you stick to the program (and it sounds like you've already decided to do that), you WILL lose. Just not as quickly as others, or as you'd like.

We hear a lot on here from the folks who lose quickly, but there are plenty of us who don't. We're just less vocal sometimes - you won't see a lot of "Woo hoo! I'm down 0.2 for the week!!!" posts.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby TooManyBooks » May 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm

you won't see a lot of "Woo hoo! I'm down 0.2 for the week!!!" posts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Start date 4/6/06
TooManyBooks
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 26th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Vicky, go sit in the corner......you know why, lol.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DogMa » May 26th, 2006, 4:57 pm

OK, someone needs to PM me to explain this. Right now.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Serendipity » May 26th, 2006, 5:00 pm

DogMa wrote:OK, someone needs to PM me to explain this. Right now.

Check your in box, Robin :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby DogMa » May 26th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Thanks, Jo. I thought there was some dirty meaning to "snail" that I was missing. Sigh.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby GucciGoo » May 26th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Now someone needs to PM me and tell me what is so funny!!!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » May 26th, 2006, 7:23 pm

Nothing to forgive, Vicky. And thanks. I do a silent (and kind of subdued) woo hoo whenever the scale moves downward. Heck, look at that ticker. I'm down almost 60 pounds, even if it IS 0.2 at a time.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby lifelovinaries » May 26th, 2006, 10:44 pm

Whew!!! beachbaby, this was a looong post to read with all the responses. There goes my exercise for the day. You have been encouraged, chastised, broken down and lifted up all in one post!! Wow, you must truly have some support in this forum!! So all i will say is hang in there! We beat ourselves up for cheats, no one else has to do it for us. Unfortunately, we realize too late that the food that we craved isn't as enjoyable as we thought it would be. The good thing is, we have the chance to start over at the next meal! Once again, hang in there, you will see the scales move. :pet:

~erica

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Finally_Losing » July 14th, 2006, 8:44 am

This thread saved me from having a pizza disaster......Thank you thank you! The craving is gone and before I even had it, I know it won't be worth it. :)

Jo, you and your posts are truly an inspiration, thank you!

Amy
Finally_Losing
Regular Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss