Wow! Day 3 Blindsided Me!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Wow! Day 3 Blindsided Me!

Postby Kelly » December 4th, 2003, 7:08 pm

Hi All,

This is near the end of day 3 for me and it was majorly bad. Days 1 and 2 really were'nt so bad except for not being able to go to sleep when I needed to. Last night I hit the hay at about 11pm and last time i looked at the clock before falling asleep it was 3am this morning (then up at 6am to get ready for work)! so it was a bad start to what turned out to be a very difficult day. Now i know what you've all been talking about re: 3rd day. I was in a v. crabby mood, which is NOT a good thing in an office environment at work. And when I say "crabby", i'm using a very mild word here :x ! But it was worst of all after a long commute home, I felt like I was coming out of my skin sitting on the freeway going nowhere fast. Right away I made my lean-green dinner and took my vitamins then settled into a long, hot (very) bath. I felt much better then and now feel pretty much back to normal. But WHOA - was that EVIL!

Not being able to have my usual glass of wine after work made it all the worse, even though I know it's a habit that is best dropped anyway. I have a treadmill and wanted to do some walking, but I'm reading here to stay away from exercise the first couple of weeks?

Anyway, I'm asking all you with more experience than me on this plan - how do you cope with the nasty-crabbies when they come on. unfortunately a hot bath is not an option at work! Please tell me this gets easier? I'm on the modified plan and totally would not be able to skip a lite meal in the evening. I don't mind feeling hungry, tho that really hasn't been a major prob. except right around 9pm - and I just tough it out. But those CRABBIES - save me from myself!

Any advice??
Kelly

Postby Unca_Tim » December 4th, 2003, 11:06 pm

Hi Kelly and welcome,
Well...one good thing about your day is that you survived it....:)

Now you know you have the strength to get through those rough days.

Believe me, they get easier. Your body is still wondering what's going on. As soon as it understands it's getting a steady flow of vitamins, nutrients etc...it'll start settling down and you wont believe the difference. This could happen tomorrow if not in the next couple days.

Are you getting your meals every 3 hours? Slurping lots of water?

Anything stressfull going on right now that kept you up all night?

Taking any meds?

Any chance of installing a hot tub in your office?..... :lol:

Hang in there. It gets easier and my bet is in the next couple days, you've never felt better.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Terfile » December 5th, 2003, 4:24 am

Hey Everyone,
Doing ok today had a shake I HATED it was the chocolate appetite suppressant .I honestly cant drink more then 4 shakes well atleast for the first 2 days.I do feel some what hungry but I guess that will pass,as for the handy dandy quick start handbook there is a section in there for "GETTING COLD" well lets just say thats an understatment! I've been freezing the last 2 days.....WHY?
Ok folks I go by numbers there my incentive reading all your weightloss posted on this site and as many as I can find.If you don't mind Throw your pounds lost my way ! :roll:
Oh and I must mention I thought I weighted 190 and I steped on the scale before I started yesterday and I was mistaken I weighted 175 suprise surprise....so thats less I have to lose by april!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks for your support!
Terfile

Postby Kelly » December 5th, 2003, 7:36 am

thanks, unca for the support. yes, i did live thru it, and maybe some days, that's the best you can say! i'm now embarking on day 4, and will be closely watching how my mind/body is feeling throughout the day. i have to say about yesterday (day 3). it was a very stressful day at work, and that coupled with v. little sleep the previous night all contributed to the results i experienced.

i'm also wondering about being cold. last night for the first time, i was freezing. and this was after a hot bath. can anyone explain the physiology behind feeling so cold :?:. i'm guessing it has to do with a lowered metabolism. which makes me want to exercise to rev up the metabolism a bit. can someone also explain why it's discouraged to exercise during the first couple of weeks :?:

hangin' in :star: ,
kel
Kelly

Postby Jeanette » December 5th, 2003, 9:45 am

Hey Kel and Terfile:

First, welcome and congrats on your great work so far!

Second, I have no clue why this program makes you so cold! I used to be a furnace, and now I am walking around the house in big sweatshirts and flannel pants! My hands are extremely cold (I get hubby to hold them for me to warm them up! :) )

It is recommended that you cut your exercise in half or suspend it until you are on the program for 3 or 4 weeks because your body is adjusting to the lower calorie intake. Exercising on top of that at that point could do harm.

I am in the fourth week, and am slowly adding some exercise into my routine.

Good to see you all!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room