as of 12:01 a.m. I will be a NEW WOMAN!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

as of 12:01 a.m. I will be a NEW WOMAN!

Postby Wants2Live » December 31st, 2004, 5:39 pm

Well, another year gone by and another resolution I have made...there is a difference this time though.....I will NOT fail. I have chosen to start MFing and change my life completely around. I Have 150+ ponds to lose and I have all the CONFIDENCE and SUPPORT I need. I have carefully planned out my Journey as best I can, besides those times that are unpredictable, but also have come up with senarios and what if's that could happen , and a strategy to over come things that may happen. I will have drinks at work, in the car, at home and even 1 or 2 in my purse, I REFUSE to let another Year go by feeling like this. I am going to do it! And was trying to think of a "club" that we can do so we all are held accountable on a daily basis......I need to come here everyday.......maybe if someone wants to listen, share or give advice that little bit will help us all.....ANYWAY, sorry for rambling on for soooo long, I am just incredibly excited to start this and wanted to share this with someone.....Have a HAPPY, HEALTHY AND THINNER NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

HUGS AND LUCK TO ALL!!!
BRANDI :D
Wants2Live

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » January 1st, 2005, 7:39 am

Hi Brandi!!
Welcome!!
You have come to the right place for not only the BEST way to lose weight but the nicest bunch of people around!!
I started out needing to lose 144 pounds in October and now am down to
needing to lose 94!
I cannot tell you how great it feels to not only feel and look better on the inside and outside but the feeling of accomplishment is AWESOME!
I still have a ways to go , but I know I will be at my goal before 2006 ever rolls around!!
Your game plan is important and sounds good! I have found that keeping those MF packets at easy reach at work or in the car has really saved me from doing something that I would regret later!
God Bless and Here's to our success in 2005!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2005, 2:40 pm

Brandi ~

Yeah! You are off to a super start and it is really important to set yourself up for success.

I think a daily journal is a great way to go. Sometimes writing may seem like a pain but it is a great way to vent, to keep track of thoughts, keep your hands and brain busy and to avoid random acts of scarfage!

I recently mentioned that Medifast makes a 2 week journal that is an ideal way to keep organized because you can keep track of your daily meals and water intake. People that are good on the computer can also come up with their own Excel chart to use for their MF meals, water, weight and exercise.

I encourage my personal clients to order and read Success in a Shaker Jar by Linda Spangle. Next to my Medifast shakes and leather pants, it is one of our best investments! The book is priced at $21.45 and I have ever had anyone tell me it didn't help them.

Best of health to everyone. Let's raise a shaker jar to our success!

P.S. Shrink - you are amazing! Now let's change your name to The Amazing Shrinking Lady!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Wants2Live » January 1st, 2005, 6:25 pm

OKAY, I have had 1 oatmeal , 4 shakes, 2 cups of broth, 1 , 5oz 96% lean burger, a salad with FF dressing and all of my water, and yet i'm still hungry.....what can I do. I feel like I can't stay on program if i'm going to be this hungry all of the time. ANY suggestions??? HELP!! :?: :?:
Wants2Live

Postby Unca_Tim » January 1st, 2005, 7:19 pm

Hi W2L and welcome,
How long have you been on the program? If you've browsed around the forum, you'll see many people have a tough time for the first 3-5 days. Once you get into ketosis your hunger will subside and you'll be on your way.

There's no prob having 1-2 extra shakes if you need to help with your hunger.

Keep us posted,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2005, 7:28 pm

The first few days ARE KILLER!

Don't forget - you may have three stalks of celery and 2 dill pickles, too!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » January 2nd, 2005, 7:22 am

Brandi,
Like Unca said just push through the first 3-5 days by keeping yourself
occupied and sticking to the MF plan and you will be amazed how the hunger goes away!! I promise you it happens!!
Make sure to eat the extra's that Nancy mentions and make sure you are eating on a strict timetable of not more than 3 hours apart for MF and your lean green meal. I am still very strict to my schedule and it makes a huge diference to not only my weight loss,but also how great I feel!
Also have you cleaned out your cupboards and gotten rid of or gave away
the no - no foods?? This is a HUGE help as even if you feel hungry at times right now there is nothing bad nearby to eat,so you choose something good for you. This has been and continues to be a great
strategy for me. The non healthy stuff my hubby and daughter want to eat is sent downstairs with them into another fridge and cupboards and isn't staring me in the face every time I go into the kitchen!
Hang in There it does get easier.
Hugs,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby Wants2Live » January 2nd, 2005, 7:07 pm

I have made it to day 2!......Still frustrated and hungry, and very irritable. Hubby is telling me to calm down or just eat something small.....he says I am really out of control....lol atleast that made me laugh. Today I have had all I can have and still hungry! This better get easier because I am miserable! I took pictures of myself today and WOW, I didn't know that I looked this big....I always run from the camera, and if I do have a pic taken it's face only. So I was completely devasted when I printed out these pics.....All the more reason to stick to program I guess, but unhappy and hungry! Sorry for complaining...had to let it all out......PHEW! Thanks for Listening! I hope all of you are having a Wonderful New Year so far and your MF program is going well. I'll be back later, to look around on the site to keep me busy. I just want to thank you all for replying to me and taking the time to give a little support and advice, I appreciate it!

Hugs,
Brandi :D
Start Date: 1/1/05

309.5/ ? /150
Wants2Live

Postby Nancy » January 2nd, 2005, 9:23 pm

Brandi ~

You're going to survive - but will your husband?! Just another day or so and the crabby appletons will be gone. Have a cup of tea, another shake and go for a walk!

Keep your current picture handy - it will be a reminder of WHY you are doing this.

Drink lots of water - hot water, cool water, icy water, tepid water, add a teensy drop of lemon juice to your water - just slurp n' burp and then if all else fails, go to bed but whatever ya do - do NOT visit the kitchen!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sylvia » January 3rd, 2005, 5:57 am

Hi Brandi,

Just echoing what others have said but the first few days are REALLY hard. About day 3 or 4 things change dramatically and you are no longer physically hungry. In a couple of weeks you will start to feel really great!

I managed to stick to the program for over 6 months and can assure you that wouldn't have happened if I was starving all of the time. Also, when you start to see the pounds dropping off, you will become more and more motivated so just stick with it these first difficult days!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Wants2Live » January 7th, 2005, 5:42 am

^ days and doing well..........today is the easiest so far for me........no problems this a.m. I had my oatmeal and feel GREAT! I am so excited to see myself in a few monthys. Anyway thanks for everything, you are all a GREAT INSPIRATION!...i'll keep you posted....

Hugs,

309.5/ ? /150
Wants2Live

Postby Nancy » January 7th, 2005, 9:09 am

Glad to hear of your 6 days of success, Brandi!

Can't wait until you slip under the 300 # line - :dance:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Wants2Live » January 7th, 2005, 11:22 am

THANKS NANCY! I am so excited. I can hardly wait to lose this awful weight. Where are all the members that have lost 125-150 lbs? I always look for them to chat with, sometimes this amount of weight seems overwhelming, I get discouraged when I think about it. I will do it this time though, just wish I could see and talk to a few people who have done it, like yourself! You look FAB! Your pics are completely AMAZING !
I'm starting full fast today, and so far so great! My doctor doesn't approve of this program. He thinks I should go for gastric......I told him thats not an option for me at all, until I have exhausted ALL efforts at weight loss, I won't even consider that. The closest doctor to me that uses medifast with patients is in Albany, ny and thats over an hour from me. So i'm going it alone. Thanks for listening.......

Hugs,

309.5/ ? /150
Wants2Live

Tremendous job Brandi !

Postby Joan Roman » January 7th, 2005, 11:58 am

Brandi,
I'm so glad things are getting easier for you! Keep those pictures you hate close to you...keep them in your purse or fridge if it helps. I keep mine in my purse. I promise you with effort soon you won't believe it is YOU in NEW RECENT pictures. 8) I have lost over 100 pounds and still have about 40 more to go. When I see my photo I still have to look again because I don't think that the thinner person could possibly be me!

Even better, is seeing someone you haven't seen in several months and ...they don't even recognize you! That was very funny! :roflmao:

Brandi...you want it...and you know YOU CAN DO IT! :exercise:

Kepp it up! :yes:

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » January 7th, 2005, 1:18 pm

Brandi ~

I just spoke with a lady at the beauty salon who has lost 65 pounds w/gastric by-pass. She cannot eat any sugar, nothing carbonated, nothing with fat and that is AFTER she reaches her weight loss goal.

She barfs a lot. Throwing up is not MY favorite way to spend my day. Barfage makes me sick to my stomach! :puke:

I can eat cookies and pie (NOT every day), I can have carbonated drinks, I can eat butter, whipping cream and food with fat (If I want to - I do not choose to eat deep fried foods at all but when I make my famous truffle pie, sour cream lemon pie or butterscotch pie, it definitely has whipping cream on it).

Keep on shaking even when it is not fun. Little by little is how we get there. Go back and read all of my Newsletters - from the homepage is a little clicky button for the Newsletter archives.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss