wildtrk

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » July 5th, 2006, 7:44 am

So nice to be mentioned in your random thoughts, turkey boy. :mrgreen:

I swear, I don't know how you do it. I don't think I could go on and off like you do. My offs would just get longer and longer. I'm just doing what's easiest for me, lol.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby wildtrk » July 5th, 2006, 8:00 am

Serendipity wrote:So nice to be mentioned in your random thoughts, turkey boy. :mrgreen:

Just seeing if you are reading...sorry but no new puzzle for your triumphant return, actually I have let the turkey out of the sack and told the "rest of the story" to a few individuals here. Unfortuantely you were away on your cruise having fun and all that boring stuff that you do on cruise.

Shoot me a PM and I will give you the "rest of the story"....
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 5th, 2006, 10:25 am

wildtrk wrote:My 4 year old informed me last night that is was "a long week today!"

I know the feeling. Still waiting for the phone to ring :x
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby wildtrk » July 6th, 2006, 10:06 am

Day 83

So far so good...I am changing the pace and going to do my L & G at suppertime. Normally through the week I do it at lunch, but we are kidless tonight so I am going to go out to eat with my DW. Not sure where we are going but I will most likely choose someplace where I can get broiled fish.

Yesterday was good...the problem was I didn't have an appetite and found myself forcing to get enough shakes in.

I seem to be plateauing at the 60lb mark...the scale doesn't seem to be moving. Unless you count me moving it from tile to tile in the bathroom trying to make it read something different. Maybe it is time to not step on it for 48 hours. eeek :shock: ....perish the thought, how would I ever survive not knowing what I weigh in any given 8 hour period of time. Note to self...you really need to let go of that security blanket.

Random Thoughts...

The 3rd season of Entourage hasn't quite lived up to my expectations, but it was certainly not a big as let down as the Sopranos was. Jeremy Piven still delivers the best dialogue!

"Wicked" is just a scant 2 days away...I am really looking forward to going. Got the baby sitter lined up, dinner reservations are made, tickets were bought 8 months ago, parking is pre-paid. So at this point I am really concerned about Mr. Murphy knocking on my door and screwing up my best laid plans.

If I could harness the energy of a 4 year old and turn that into gasoline...we would all be driving Hummers and paying a nickel a gallon.

I am like the kid in the movie Sixth Sense. But instead of seeing dead people every where, I see people who should be on Medi-Fast. Right now I am hyper sensitive to that...it somewhat bothers me, since just less than 12 weeks ago I was one of those people.

But not anymore.....

Cause my Muffin Tops are shrinking!
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
10# - 2/2/10

wildtrk

Postby SharonR » July 6th, 2006, 12:37 pm

Read my last post in my journal and see if you can really handle the 48 hour thingie...
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

If you wait - it will move

Postby alohacate » July 6th, 2006, 4:26 pm

Just wait a bit longer, I am sure the scale will stop betraying you!!

:ukulele:
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » July 6th, 2006, 6:20 pm

wildtrk wrote:the scale doesn't seem to be moving. Unless you count me moving it from tile to tile in the bathroom trying to make it read something different. Maybe it is time to not step on it for 48 hours. eeek :shock: ....perish the thought, how would I ever survive not knowing what I weigh in any given 8 hour period of time.

I almost spit my water out reading that.

I hit a rut for a few days. Eating out last night helped me. Maybe it will help you!!!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 6th, 2006, 11:47 pm

Hope you and DW had a nice evenig out! Yay for being kidless!

Keep moving that scale around the house...it'll move!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby wildtrk » July 7th, 2006, 5:41 am

Day 84

It official and in the books, 12 weeks....still hovering at 61lbs. Failed miserably on not weighing myself last night and this morning....I may need to move the scale somewhere more inconvenient. Like on the roof. That would be a sight to behold in my neighborhood. My neighbors would be like "Hey who is the fat naked guy on the roof?" "What does he keep moving around up there?"..."all I see is some movement, then he stands upright looks down at what he was moving, then he swears....and the process repeats."

Anyway...I am going ot make a conscious effort not to weigh myself until Mon..errr Sunday....uhhmmm Saturday....okay, I will weigh my self just once tonight when I get home and then that is definitely it until I weigh myself before I go to bed.

I did exercise a little yesterday. Walked for a 30 minutes last night (a mile and a half) and yesterday at lunch for whatever crazy reason I decided to climb 6 flighs of stairs in the parking garage at lunch time. The NSV there was that I didn't die. 12 weeks ago if I climbed 2 flights I was huffing and puffing and looking for a house to blow down. Yesterday the only hiccup was that my thighs were burning when I got to the top. Must have been all that friction from the thighs rubbing together.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Random Thoughts...

Can someone explain to me when it is appropriate to show up to a job interview under the influence of alcohol?

Since when is an appropriate resignation letter an e-mail stating that they are going to lunch....and then they never return. (shouldn't they have also written that into the e-mail?)

(12 year old boy + pre-pubescent hormones)/4 year old boy = crazy parents

Never ask a man for their opinion...somedays they will have a mental lapse and actually give an honest one.

12 weeks, 61lbs lost, which means I am losing weight at the rate .0302579 lbs./hour.

Which means....

c'mon everybody say it with me...my Muffin Tops are shrinking!
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
10# - 2/2/10

wildtrk

Postby Serendipity » July 7th, 2006, 7:23 am

wildtrk wrote:Can someone explain to me when it is appropriate to show up to a job interview under the influence of alcohol?

When Foster Brookes is the interviewer?

wildtrk wrote:Since when is an appropriate resignation letter an e-mail stating that they are going to lunch....and then they never return. (shouldn't they have also written that into the e-mail?)

Since it became appropriate for an employee to accept $2000+ worth of your fat clothes and then quit the next week.

wildtrk wrote:(12 year old boy + pre-pubescent hormones)/4 year old boy = crazy parents

Gee, algebra was one of my best subjects in school and I can't solve that one!

wildtrk wrote:Never ask a man for their opinion...somedays they will have a mental lapse and actually give an honest one.

I need to talk to your DW to get the rest of the story, lolol.

Just a note about the scale....from the queen of plateaus: Don't sweat the small stuff. Those muffin tops are still shrinking. You may need to go cold turkey with the scale. Did I just say TURKEY??

:turkey:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Prancer » July 7th, 2006, 7:40 am

We are losing weight at almost the same pace. I dont know which is more of an addiction the fact that you weigh yourself as much as you do or that you will do the math to find out exactly how fast you are melting.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TheShadow » July 7th, 2006, 10:19 am

I had a really scary visual image of that fat, nekkid guy on the roof! WHOA!!! Honestly I only weigh myself once a day and that is my "official" weight for that day. It's always first thing in the morning, in my skivvies (sorry for that visual), before ingesting any water or food, and A.P. (after p**ping). That's the least I'll weigh all day, so there's no point in weighing again until the official time the next day. Maybe you should have the wife hide the scale for the weekend! On Monday you'll get a happy surprise!

I know what you mean about seeing people that need MF. I told my DH that I want to grab every fat person I see and start telling them about MF. But I know that it won't do any good until they are ready to do what it takes. Everyone has to reach that "tipping point" on their own, and then watch out! But I sure wish someone had told me about MF years ago.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 7th, 2006, 11:49 am

OMG I'm still crying from the roof visual! That with the muttering and the cursing!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby wildtrk » July 9th, 2006, 9:10 am

Day 86

Sunday....weigh in day. Wish I could say that I haven't weighed my self in the past 72 hours...but that would be an out right misappropriation of the truth! I came in at 264 which is down 2.5 for the week so I will take it. A loss is a loss...Besides I did have some nice NSV's this week so that does make up for it. We will see what my parents say as they are going to be here any minute and they haven't seen me in about 8 weeks.

Last night was "Wicked" night....great show, I was a little dissappointed in that the character of the Elphaba was played by an under study in last nights performance. However she did a great job but you alsways wonder what it would have been like. Anyway if you haven't seen the show and it is coming to a theater near you...I highly recommend it! Highly entertaining...magnificent set and costume design. Well worth the price of admission!

We did double date last night with another couple and went to dinner before hand at a small Italian restaurant. I was almost de-railed because everything they had on their (limited) menu came over or with pasta and in some sort of creamy sauce. Finally during the ordering process I discovered that off the menu they had grilled salmon when asked what it came with I was told a nice side of linguine. Anyway I was able to discern that they did have brocolli and that they could steam it for me. For an appetizer I had steamed mussels sans the drawn butter. I also for went the half a loaf of freash bread they tried to put in front of me. The wife of the other couple was fairly impressed...the husband is someone I work with kept saying..."see I told you he was a rock!" Ayway...I digress, the show was great...dinner was mostly compliant...portion control was probably a little skewed. But Murphy didn't raise his ugly head and my "best laid" plans for a nice evening with my DW happened just as they were supposed to!
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
10# - 2/2/10

wildtrk

Postby Arklahoma » July 9th, 2006, 9:12 am

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm considering buying tickets, if I can coerce my DH into going ~ LOL.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal