Wight loss question

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Wight loss question

Postby Suzi » October 5th, 2007, 8:31 am

Hello everyone. Congratulations on all your success. I am thinking about ordering and wanted to ask some questions. I've heard you can lose up to 20lbs in the first month, does any of this show in body size as well. Also, when do you start to really notice when you're losing weight, as in dress sizes going down, etc. I know it originally starts with a lot of water weight coming off. When have you all began to SEE results. Thanks!
Suzi

Postby Serendipity » October 5th, 2007, 9:11 am

Almost immediately! At least you start feeling better right away and when you weight alot, a size is about 20 pounds. When you weigh less, say under 150, it's about a size for every 10 pounds!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Jan » October 5th, 2007, 1:33 pm

Hi Suzi,
Weight loss is an individual thing. :D Our program is designed to burn fat not muscle. So the more fat you have ... generally the faster you lose. Some people lose 20 pounds, some more some less in the first month. Just know that this is the safest and fastest way to part with the pounds.
So whatever you lose that's the fastest you're gonna part with it. :D Of course I'm basing this on compliance... sticking right to the program .. no more no less. That's the BEST way to do it.
Now .. .does it show??? ... sure!!!! I remember my pants got looser and looser and then fell right off. The kids at Starbucks started calling me "Mrs Baggy Pants" :mrgreen: and I drove my super friend Nancy crazy :mrgreen: as I wouldn't get on the scale. We didn't know how many pounds I'd lost!!
As you part with the fat ... your body gets smaller. Sometimes we do a little readjustment .. where the scale doesn't seem to be moving .. but our clothes are getting bigger... hmmm
and then the scale starts moving again. :mrgreen:
You'll do great!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Diana » October 5th, 2007, 7:51 pm

I went from a tight fitting size 30-32 to a tight fitting size 28 in one month. But as Jan says it is very individual! Where are you starting from? How much do you want to lose? Your body is in total control over how fast you lose the weight AS LONG AS YOU set up the conditions properly...again, as Jan says, COMPLIANCE. Treat this as the prescription that it once was and you will get to a healthy weight safely and as quickly as your body will allow. (I was one who tried to stop and taste the flowers along the way. This is an easy and effective program as long as you FOLLOW IT.)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Charity » October 6th, 2007, 1:25 am

What I love about this diet that is different than other diets is the speed in which you loose. The added benifits that I like is that you mostly are loosing fat. I have lost a little over 30# so far and only 3.5 or so of those pounds are water and the rest is fat (my dietitian runs tests).

The dress size thing happens fast. In one month I had to get 14s when I started out in loose 18s and now I am in 11/12 soon to be 10, then 9, then .....who knows!!!

Of course no one, even yourself, will notice for a while but keep in mind during this time that one day all of a sudden everyone will notice and it will be sooo fun! :hi5: Good luck to you!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 6th, 2007, 2:16 am

Wow, your sizes are changing fast! Good for you!!! I went at a slower pace. I went from a 26 to a 12 now but I really don't have a time table because I wore stretch "transition" pants all winter. This spring I got some size 14 and 16 shorts and jeans. Then one day crossing the street the size 16 shorts literally started falling off in the road. I had to just grab a big wad of fabric and rush home. I only know I'm a 12 now because with group encouragment (whining that I was still in 16's) I went to Ann Tayor and tried on a pair of 12 petite pants and they fit perfectly. Compared to others on the board, including you, my pants size is big for my weight. I think it is just because I started off with such a big gut and behind with relatively thin arms and legs. Hopefully with some ab work and more exercise my belly will get smaller!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to The Weight Room