No more loss

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

No more loss

Postby auntjanot » March 24th, 2004, 11:26 am

I need some help. I started MF on Feb 9, took a week off aroung the 19th because my dad passed away and ..well..did some major emotional eating. Got back on the program March 8th and total loss is 27#. I am extremeley happy with this, but I haven't lost anything in 5 days. I have been faithful and drinking more than my share of water. I haven't started exercizing yet. Is it time? Is there something else Ishould be doing. I am starting to get just a little bit discouraged.
auntjanot
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby Landylue » March 24th, 2004, 6:21 pm

Hey, lady! Hang in there, and don't get discouraged. There is going to be a week that will pass by now and then when your body is adjusting its fluid levels, and the scale isn't going to reflect a loss. But, if you haven't gotten off the fast and drank at least 64 oz. of water a day, it won't take long at all before the numbers begin to drop again. Believe it! It happens!

It really helps me to keep my spirits up by weighing no more than once a week. It's just too devasting to me not see a loss everytime I step on the scale. That expectation is totally unrealistic, I know, but devasting when it doesn't happen nonetheless. So, I just don't do it!

We're all here for you. Stay off that scale, and keep your chin up.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby shineface » March 24th, 2004, 8:46 pm

Hang in there!!!

I also choose to weigh daily --- I have to --- glutton for punishment and hungry for scale reinforcement!!!

Sometimes it made me crazy for days - no movement or up a pound or down a pound ---- BUT I have settled into not letting the number or no movement make me crazy!!! I know that for sure... as long as I am following the MF plan and shaking and slurping and posting and following the plan and drinking my water and being true to my MF program - I will lose weight --- my numbers are proof positive.

Hang in there - you will be a loser!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby auntjanot » March 25th, 2004, 6:43 am

Thank you guys. I went home lastnight and reread Success in a Shaker Jar" and I do think the no scale movement must be fluid adjustment. Also, although I am only 43, I started menopause and I strongly believe that has affected everything too. This morning I weighed in and 2# gone! I guess I need to be more patient. I do feel smaller and I am wearing a blouse today that was stretching across my belly two weeks ago and now it is actually draping.
auntjanot

Postby pinkgeek » March 25th, 2004, 8:56 am

Hi Janet:

I totally feel your pain. I swear that I have replaced munching with sneaking to the scale. I dunno why. I feel deprived and unhappy being on the diet, especially when I see that some have lost up to 23 pounds their first week (you know who you are, ya booger!) and I have lost only 5 lbs in 4 days. But, I have to remember that our bodies are all different and men lose at a faster rate and maybe others have more weight to lose than me...? Also, I know that it's hard for me to lose weight...I have PCOS and this makes it more difficult to get rid of weight..maybe this is like being in a menopausal state, so maybe we really do have more in common. Either way, I hope you do well. Take Landylue and Susan's advice and hang in there. Our bodies really will let go of the weight, maybe our bodies will just do it in a begrudging manner. Also, think of it this way: if you lose 2 lbs this week, maybe you have actually lost 4 b/c if you weren't on the diet and you were GAINING 2lbs a week, you have made some awesome progress :) I hope this helps!

~Angela
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby auntjanot » March 25th, 2004, 9:13 am

Thanks Angela,

This early menopause thing has really been a pain. It has created all kinds of problems. I have read about the symptons of PCOS and I suggested it to my doc as I do have all of the symtons. She sort of blew it off and I am looking for a new Doc who might be more informed about some of the more recent studies.I just have to make sure I don't get discouraged. I feel so much better about it after talking with you guys. Thanks.
Love,
Janet
auntjanot

Postby explorthis » March 25th, 2004, 9:16 am

pinkgeek wrote:I totally feel your pain. I feel deprived and unhappy being on the diet, especially when I see that some have lost up to 23 pounds their first week I have lost only 5 lbs in 4 days. But, I have to remember that our bodies are all different and men lose at a faster rate and maybe others have more weight to lose than me

Angela.. You corrected yourself which is good. Some have lost 23#? Only one member, and he is BRAND new to the program, has lost this amount of weight, and who knows why, and who cares, as long as he and Angela are doing the program faithfully. Weight loss is not the easiest thing in the world, or... there would be no fat people. When was the last time you EVER lost a legitimate 5-pounds in 4 days?

Tell me the program does not work!!

You said yourself everyone is different. Everyone’s body is a different chemistry. Do not get discouraged. If you give up, where are you? Back to eating the wrong food, in the wrong quantity. This is YOUR time, Angela's time, and there is no time for being discouraged. Let Medifast work. Be faithful, be strong, it works I promise. I know your feelings trust me.

Remember, again - this is the weight loss plan for you. Do not compare apples to oranges. Lose for you, and only you!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby susan » March 26th, 2004, 7:13 pm

mike,
you are so right I lose 1 or 2 # a week but I don;t gain so I guess that is right for my age an not every one is the same just so thankful I found something that really works and one day I will be at goal no matter how long it takes.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss