Martha's Before --20# loss and 40# loss

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby martha » July 24th, 2005, 1:25 pm

Hey everyone--

Thanks for all the kind words..I tried to measure myself maybe tht's what the problem is :mrgreen:
LeeAnn--I always lose fastest in my face for some reason.. I knew it was smaller but I think I will have Doug do the measuring..What is it about being shy about that kind of stuff?? it's not like He of all people doesn't know I am fat..like he hasn't seen me before but I just hated him to measure me(go figure :mrgreen: )He measured me the first time..Let's pick that date.. I would love to melt away the pounds and inches with you :D
Christi--Yes I think I do need new glasses. :mrgreen: I always have had really BIG glasses for some reason(to hide the face) I paid for the Lassic surgery in Oct but have to go to N.Orleans to have it done and before Oct so I haven't yet.. goning to call tomorrow about seeing if I can get it or not..If not Doug will get his done instead..
Everyone--Thanks so much for all of your support through all of this.. I think my BELLY MONSTER makes me not feel or look smaller in my eyes..and when you only wear stretch clothes you really can't tell if they are looser or not..BUT we went out ot eat last night(took kids for b.days) and I had grilled amberjack stuffed with crab..can I tell you--YUM --YUM!!!!! :mrgreen: I have never liked fish of anykind BUT this was too good. guess I tried the wrong fish all those years back.. they didn't have any kind of low-fat or fat-free dressing so I put fresh lemon on it..It wasn't the best I have ever eaten but the fish made up for it.. and because of all of your encouragement I wouldn't break it.. passed on the bread adn the cheesecake..I couldn't eat all of the fish but Doug ate my 1/2--had smothered squash(no butter) I hardly get to go out to eat and had to get someone to sit with my mom but look forward to fish again :mrgreen:
I haven't bought new clothes in a long time except the red sweater and black pants in the pictures above for Branson.. haven't put them back on since then till last night.. can we say baggy on the pants..and the new black shoes were to big--sliding up and down..do feet shrink?? cause they fit before.. this is how I know I am losing inches.. I really could not tell till last night in those clothes.. they were a 16..Oh my gosh..a 16?? i still can't believe it --Thanks for keeping me going--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 70 » July 24th, 2005, 6:11 pm

Martha,
You look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! You look so much younger too! I love the way you have your hair now, it really flatters your face. You are soooooooooo inspiring! Keep up the great work!

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby LuzInIt » July 25th, 2005, 5:56 am

Martha - You are the INCREDIBLE SHRINKING WOMAN!!!! I still have short access time online and spend most of it reading the forum rather than posting, but I couldn't let this pass without telling you how marvelous you look and applaud you for your courage in putting your pictures up to inspire and encourage us all in our journeys! You are close to my heart, having been in the position of caretaker for my mom as well; caring for a parent (especially one with many medical issues) is no picnic, and so underappreciated. Unless you have walked this road, no one can understand the sacrifice involved, and the loneliness that can come with the job. I am so happy for you that you've found this forum, not only for the inspiration I know you get in dealing with your weight, but also for the source of friendship, communication, and contact it gives you as you live in lock-down with dear old Mom! Bless you for all that you do. We love you here and I can't say enough how wonderful and fantastic you and Doug look. Good Lord Girl - SIZE 16 :lol: !!!! And yes, my shoes are flopping off my feet - stepped out of my skimmers the other day going into one of my business deliveries and had to run back for my shoe :oops: .
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » July 25th, 2005, 7:07 am

Marvelous Martha ~

Oh, wow! Thank you for sharing your pictures and joy with us all. Doug, we are so happy for you and Martha – you have both doe a super job of sticking to the program.

Martha, you look lovely and I bet Doug measures your waist all the time when he encircles you with a Medihug! Your neck looks slender and longer, we see a more defined waist, your uh…bustline is more youthful and your hips are a-slimmin’ down, too.

I like your new hairstyle, Kid and we just love you shakerjarfuls!

You are a Sugar-free Sweetie Pie for sure!

Doug, keep your good eye on Martha, whistle at her every once in a while and pinch her for the health of it! Keep on keepin’ on – so proud of ya both! Happy maintenance, Doug!

I know how lonely it can be to care for a loved one. I cared for my Grammy for 6 years as she declined due to Alzheimer’s. We rarely had company, someone had to be at home at all times, the doors had to be locked up tight, many times we awakened to have Grammy staring at us, telling us to get up and go to work! Life was disruptive for us all but worse for her as she realized she was failing. Our desire was to care for her and love her as tenderly as she cared for us and had loved us. The Lord enables us to do difficult things, eh?

Blessings to you for your continued success!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby martha » July 25th, 2005, 10:46 am

LuzInIt--

THANK you so much for the kind words.. can we say CRY?? that's what i have done since posting these pictures.. you all have been so kind..So glad the feet shrink as mine are pretty fat and have never been pretty :mrgreen: if feet can be called pretty..Yes this is alot of support for me with my weight and I hope to be the same to all of you.. Thanks

NANCY--

Oh my gosh--you are the sweetest person.. Thanks you so much for your kind words.. everyone here is sooo nice..Doug says hi to all of you and to say thanks from him too.. he is at goal and maintaining very well..
Yes he does say things like Wow!! you have a waist again and are getting so skinny(me skinny) I tell him "you haven't seen anything yet-- just hang around for the final finale":mrgreen:
I like the new style too.. I use to wear it waist lenght for the longest time.. I have never liked doing hair, jewlery, perfume or makeup BUT must say I guess 50 is the golden years after all.. I am learning to wear the beautiful jewerly Doug has given me and to wear perfume(occassionally) and to do my hair.. not the makeup yet.. haven't a clue about it.. :mrgreen:
Yes as you know it is a very lonely life sitting here day in and out with mom.. it's not to bad when he is on the boat but the 6 times a year he is home I feel bad for him as he is as stuck as I am.. Haven't had to deal with Alzheimer's yet but the memory loss is getting worse.. As my dad use to say" 1 mom can take care of 6 kids but 6 kids can't take care of 1 Mom" that's how I feel sometimes but I love her with all of my heart.. All of you have made this such an enjoyable journey for me so far.. you make me want to continue and encourage everyone else I can ..Thanks for the prayers and the love..I definetly feel it everyday from all of you..Thanks--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby want2Bthin » July 25th, 2005, 10:47 am

Martha-

You look incredible!!!! What a difference! I am so proud of you!

:-P Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Martha

Postby Bonnie » July 25th, 2005, 12:43 pm

Martha, I have enjoyed working with you by phone. Now I know why you have been so excited. :jumprope: You look so GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast:

As your Health Advisor my roll is to encourage you, but here you are encouraging everyone else along with me. What a JOY it is to see what Medifast has done for you.........

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures with us.........
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby Mommy2girls » July 25th, 2005, 2:32 pm

Martha,

You look absolutely amazing! There is a big difference in your before and after photos and like your signature says you are really and truly just melting away.

You look younger, healthier and more full of life. Doug looks great too, and I'm so glad he could be a part of your journey into thinsville! You make a great couple and thanks so much for posting your pictures. Definitely get out that measuring tape and watch those inches fly off!!!

Keep posting progress pictures, you are doing fantastic!!!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » July 25th, 2005, 5:30 pm

BONNIE---

What can I say to you except "THANKS"-- had you not called me when you did to be my counselor I would not be here today..It made me realize maybe you did care about me and not just the money thing.. so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart..

Everyone else--

THANKS---THANKS---THANKS---THANKS--- THANKS---THANKS---

All of you have helped me to realize my dream of being thin again..I owe you all a big debt of gratitude..THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to repay you all for your kindness-----Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » July 25th, 2005, 9:05 pm

Martha Hunny ~

re:
I am learning to wear the beautiful jewerly Doug has given me and to wear perfume(occassionally)

If it is too hard for you to learn how to wear that jewelry, you could box it all up and send it directly to Leopard Woman...Oh, I also LOVE Estee Lauder perfume and body lotion and Boucheron perfume - send it right away! I can teach you how to wear that jewelry...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » July 26th, 2005, 9:51 am

NANCY---

Like I said I am learning to wear it.. Had threatened to kill him if he ever gave me anymore Jewerly or flowers again(forgot to mention I am not a flower person either and he loves to send roses) but I might just change my mind one day :mrgreen: As for the perfume''I have Youth Dew-E. Lauder-and Organza(Givenchy) and some new one called Shi(Alfred Sung?)- it is pretty good..if you like perfumes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I am trying though.. never was a fancy type girl.. always known as a cheap date(also don't drink or smoke) just take me out to eat and I was a happy trooper :mrgreen: But now that has changed and I have to learn to appreciate the finer things in life :mrgreen: Don't know about the flowers yet(constantly being chewed out by everyone on that one--as they never get any and wish they did) Thanks anyway though..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » July 26th, 2005, 10:10 am

Martha ~

:shock: Huh? Ya don't like flowers either?

Give Doug my address...I am STARVED for flowers and jewelry!

I'll be waiting on the front porch with my neck, ears, wrists and fingers extended...I was made for jewelry, perfume and flowers!

Bring it on!

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » July 26th, 2005, 8:54 pm

NANCY--

Doug says keep helping me with this program and you never know what might arrive at your door step :mrgreen: He is the sweetest thing to ever cross my path..He sends me a rose for everyyear on our anniversaries..this year it was 26-- started at 1 and now it will be 27..He always says"1 beautiful rose for every beautiful year you have given me" SWEET -- BUT they die so fast.. that's what I hate about them.. all that money thrown in the garbage.. :x :x --martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » July 26th, 2005, 10:43 pm

Martha ~

That man of yours - that Doug's a keeper!

(Mine is, too - we've been together since I was a senior in HS - we celebrated our 35th wedding anni on July 3rd. Happy life to you two!)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby dlr2424 » August 1st, 2005, 6:04 pm

Martha..... :heart: .....from the bottom of my heart.... :rose: ....thank you so much for sharing yourself with us....... :hmmm: .....not only are you beautiful on the inside...... :yay: ......your physical appearence matches as well...... :scratch: ........and can I tell a difference?...... :yes: ......My Lord.... :shock: .....can I say NIGHT & DAY.... :angel: ....you are an angel sent from above and bless so many that come your way...... :hug: .....thank you for letting your LIGHT shine thru for all to be blessed by..... :angel: ......you are a shining example of what we are called to be.........THANK YOU...... :stroll: ....it is a joy sharing this journey with you

Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

PreviousNext

Return to Studio