Concerned about Martha...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Concerned about Martha...

Postby armeewyf » August 31st, 2005, 6:40 am

This may ot be the appropriate place to post this, BUT...nonetheless, I have been really concerned about Martha. She lives very near the Biloxi/Gulfport area and I am sure that everyone has seen the devastation there. There may be other MF'ers on this forum affected by katrina as well.

Martha and I usually (via regular email) talk everyday or at least every other day. I had her mailing address but I can't find it--I have looked for 2 days...SO, if anyone knows the town that she lives in, can you please PM me and let me know...I wanted to search the internet and see if damage is documented anyplace.

Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby fatBgone » August 31st, 2005, 7:10 am

Hi Lee Ann,
You're not alone here! We're ALL worried sick about Martha. There's more info in another post and Nancy has been trying to call her too. We know that she's not at home (she evacuated) but other than that - we're still wondering. I think she lives in a town called Wiggins (or something like that) and it is only 35 miles away from Biloxi so it's probably been seen it's fair share of damage - if not destroyed.

I pray that she is safe - but I'm pretty sure that the power is down everywhere so she can't even get online to tell us. I keep checking in on the forum every few hours with the hopes that Nancy has gotten a hold of her or that maybe Martha called her. I know the circuits are continuously busy so it's hard to get through.

The hurricane was bad enough - but now watching the news and to see just HOW bad the destruction really is - it just makes me cry. I don't see how they'll EVER be able to rebuild - and now there's the idiots out there just trying to steal whatever they can. I could understand if they were just trying to get some food to get by on and to feed their children - but these people are stealing huge amounts of any and everything. It's just disgraceful!!

Well - enough of that - and let's just keep praying for Martha & her family & hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » August 31st, 2005, 7:24 am

Whoever first gets in touch with Martha, pin her down and find out what her needs, and the needs of her family, are. Make her tell you -- she might try to duck it. We are a big MediFamily here, and surely we can band together to help her out in this difficult time. Find out how best we can do so.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby shortgirl » August 31st, 2005, 8:16 am

I too am concerned about Martha and keep watching the forum for news as to where we can send anything she needs or money. So if anyone does hear let us all know. I hope and pray they are safe and anyone else from the forum that is in that area. If we just knew where to ship supplys to her. Praying for Martha and her family. Judy in Iowa
shortgirl
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby armeewyf » August 31st, 2005, 8:58 am

The last email I got from her on Sunday said that she was going to take her mother and go to her son's--I believe he is abt 3 miles from where she lives, which is not far, but his home is brick. She said she had been thru Camille, and lived on the coast at that time. As is typical with Martha, she was concerned mainly for relatives that were in and around New Orleans. She said she had to make 2 trips to the son's house to get all of her mother's supplies there. She has a brother that lives near my mother in FL. I wish I had asked his name...

I am sure that they are incommunicado and will be for some time. Hopefully thats their only problem...If she sends me an email I will post asap.

Lee Ann
armeewyf

Biloxi

Postby Jan » August 31st, 2005, 11:16 am

We have been trying to call Biloxi for a while now and all cell phone -- most likely regular phone service is out. I have a M.F. friend who lives North (probably central Mississippi) and just heard from her. She said they have no power but was able to e-mail me using batteries. Trees are down and power lines etc but other than that they are ok. It is truly a horrible disaster. I am soooo sorry for those in New Orleans as I'm sure you've all heard the whole city must evacuate. I noticed in another section of the forum Unca and others have been talking about a donation to help out. I'm certain Martha could really use the help. I know those of us who are fine and just horrified as we see and read the reports would be more than happy to help. We'll figure it out.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » August 31st, 2005, 12:06 pm

Still haven't heard from her. I will keep you posted when I do.

I did get through to her voicemail this morning.

Praying for Martha, her family and all who are immediately affected by Katrina...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mytime » August 31st, 2005, 8:09 pm

Very worried about Martha too. She is a great friend and total inspiration. Want to help anyway I can. Please if anyone hears anything post right away. And I will do the same. Nancy don't know if you guys can set up a bank account or whatever but would be happy to send whatever is needed. Praying for her and her family - she was soooo sick before this happened - I can't stand it for her. When it rains it pours, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby MomsTherapy » September 1st, 2005, 8:55 am

Martha, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » September 1st, 2005, 10:33 am

I am praying for Martha also.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sprgrammy » September 1st, 2005, 9:27 pm

Worried here too. She is almost constantly on my mind. Prayers for Martha, her family and all of those who are suffering. God bless them all. Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » September 1st, 2005, 9:49 pm

Hunny! Read my post in A Message From Your Hosts!

Yippy! :bouncie: :yes:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby aimalasplace » September 2nd, 2005, 8:47 pm

Thanks for the update,
this is a relief for us all!
Martha, God Bless!