Why am I still hungry?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Why am I still hungry?

Postby nickieluv » January 1st, 2007, 6:27 pm

Hi - I just need a second opinion here (big surprise, I'm always needing those!)

I am as hungry or hungrier today, day 5, than I was on day 1.

I've had all my meals every day.

I have not had anything off-plan - except I licked some ravioli sauce off my finger when feeding the baby yesterday. Not a huge glob, like a teensy smear. You can't tell me that counts.

I have had a L&G every day - within the guidelines. I haven't even had condiments until today (other than the dressing on my salad two days ago) - some mustard.

I also have been drinking diluted Crystal Light like crazy all afternoon.

The only thing I can think of is that I napped with the baby today and consequently went more than four hours between two meals. It was 4.5 hours. I've been eating the rest closer together to be sure I get them all in, and I still have one to go - but could just that be enough to be driving me nuts like this? I am really having to fight not to just grab something and scarf it down. I'm stronger than that, but it's really hard tonight. And days 2, 3, and 4 I was feeling really good and in control.

I just have to ask because I want to avoid this feeling - because if I felt like this every day I don't think I could hold out for long. I kept waiting to not be hungry at all, and it hasn't happened yet, although I thought it was getting better until today. Any other danger zones I might have missed?
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 2nd, 2007, 4:26 am

Have you been able to distinquish between hunger and appetite? I am not saying that is the issue, or to downplay your hunger, but that has been a problem for me in the past. For instance, last night after my L&G, I wanted more to eat. I obviously was not hungry, by physical standards such as blood sugar or an empty stomach. The desire to eat is different from actual hunger many times. Eating can be fun and satisfying, that's how I got this huge. So, that could be your issue. Also, have you had your blood sugar checked? Constant hunger can be a sign of diabetes. Also, maybe try drinking more PLAIN water and see if that helps. Sweetness, even from no calorie sweetners can be a trigger for some people. When I think I am hungry and I just had a supplement, I stand right in front of my kitchen sink and drink TWO full glasses of water, one after another, and POOF the hunger is gone.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 2nd, 2007, 4:45 am

Assuming that what you are feeling is really hunger (see above), waiting too long between supplements can cause hunger and drinking beverages that contain too much sweetner can also make you feel hungry. You may want to try drinking plain water instead of the Chrystal Lite and see if that helps......or reduce your Chrystal lite to 1 or 2 glasses/day and make the rest just plain water.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DogMa » January 2nd, 2007, 9:34 am

What everyone else said. It could also be hormones, if it's TOM. Or some people take longer to get into ketosis than others. Or heck, sometimes even on plan and in ketosis, we have days when we're hungrier than others. If you're truly hungry and ready to eat your own arm or something, have an extra supplement.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » January 2nd, 2007, 10:18 am

brush your teeth and go for a walk.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Mike » January 2nd, 2007, 11:10 am

Nickie,
Maybe give us an idea of your schedule. Sometimes we vets can see where you might be having trouble by seeing when you eat.
Just a thought.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room