Who wants to weigh in, in one month from now, with me???

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Janae » July 27th, 2006, 9:17 pm

Project "No Weigh"!!!!! Jenn...we need a graphic...scale in a circle with a slash across it!

Perhaps we should all weigh multiple times a day until Aug 1...just to get it out of our systems! That weigh in on September 1 will be great fun!!!!

I can do this!!! :lol:

J
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » July 27th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Janae wrote:Project "No Weigh"!!!!! Jenn...we need a graphic...scale in a circle with a slash across it!

Perhaps we should all weigh multiple times a day until Aug 1...just to get it out of our systems! That weigh in on September 1 will be great fun!!!!

I can do this!!! :lol:

J

hehe, I won't be able to sleep tonight!

I just looked on the calendar and the 1st of Sept is good, it's a friday, how perfect is that?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby TonyR » July 27th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Boy she has called me a lot of things in our 8 years of marriage, but a scale manwhore???? :x Now if she would have said a scale pimpdaddy, I wouldn't have gotten so upset about it!!! :lol:
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby TonyR » July 27th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Oh and I can hide the scale really good, and it may not come back out on Sept. 1st!!! :tongue:
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR

Postby Elke » July 28th, 2006, 6:02 am

LOL WAIT did she call me weak? I think "weaklings" was the word.....well when it comes to giving up my scale she is right. Maybe if I had watched the Oprah I would do it too.
You ladies rock!!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby wildtrk » July 28th, 2006, 6:35 am

yeahhh.....let me think this over...okay I did...Nope not with you on that one. First off I am a scale gigilo...secondly I have too many bets working and have to post a weight every Monday. Not that the others would let me slide. But I am crushing all of them and I just love to see the look of pain in their face when I post my weight on Monday's! :twisted:
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Prancer » July 28th, 2006, 6:56 am

TonyR wrote:Boy she has called me a lot of things in our 8 years of marriage, but a scale manwhore???? :x Now if she would have said a scale pimpdaddy, I wouldn't have gotten so upset about it!!! :lol:

rofl Pimpdaddy. So many new names for everyone!!!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » July 28th, 2006, 8:03 am

Oprah is a hack. Don't do anything she says.

Just because of her, I'm going to weigh twice as much!
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby SharonR » July 28th, 2006, 8:33 am

ascicles wrote:Oprah is a hack. Don't do anything she says.

Just because of her, I'm going to weigh twice as much!
:roll:

It wasn't actually Oprah who said it, was Bob Greene. I have a lot of respect for him, he knows what he is talking about.

Elke, I knew I would get some flack for calling people weak! I'm sorry, I meant it in a playful way, I hope you take it that way. :D I am VERY weak when it comes to the scale, I too, weight every day, sometimes twice! It's just one more obstical I want to overcome while losing this weight. I feel like I'm a slave to it and I hate that! :x
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » July 28th, 2006, 8:45 am

Denise and I went scaleless for a month from June 10th to July 10th, and DeDe joined us for a little while. I'll have to admit that I snuck a peek after two weeks, but Denise was a ROCK the whole month (she lost 22 lbs. that month, by the way!!! :shock: I lost six. :( ). It WAS really nice to just work the program and be free of the tyranny of the scale....my weight loss is so slow and I plateau so much, that getting on every day just isn't for me. I get on now once a week at the most, and two weeks between weigh-ins has seemed to work the best for me right now.

I'm tempted to join you all on August 1st, Sharon.....but a month is a little too long for me. Hmmmmm, maybe I'll do it with you but weigh myself on the 18th of August also? Two weeks is about my limit....

I'll be cheering for you guys!

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SharonR » July 28th, 2006, 8:52 am

You're being brave Joy! :mrgreen: You can join us as much as possible. This is how I feel, weigh when you just can't take it anymore, but be honest and tell everyone and give us the stats? Does that sound fair?

I think it's just kinda fun to see how long we can last. I started thinking last night I might cave and I started this whole thing! :| :shock: all we can do is our best. 8)

I like you, feel I might be a disappointed after a month if I see a small number. How did you deal with the 6 pounds lost? I mean it's better than my 5 pound lose this month! :x

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby ascicles » July 28th, 2006, 8:59 am

Why is it "weak" when you weigh every day? I like to track my daily progress and it has nothing to do with me not being strong enough. Personally, I think that waiting until certain points to weigh is a bit silly. THAT seems weak to me, because you aren't able to accept the daily fluctuations. That's just me though.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby SharonR » July 28th, 2006, 9:01 am

lol point taken, to each their own.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » July 28th, 2006, 9:50 am

SharonR wrote:You're being brave Joy! :mrgreen: You can join us as much as possible. This is how I feel, weigh when you just can't take it anymore, but be honest and tell everyone and give us the stats? Does that sound fair?

I think it's just kinda fun to see how long we can last. I started thinking last night I might cave and I started this whole thing! :| :shock: all we can do is our best. 8)

I like you, feel I might be a disappointed after a month if I see a small number. How did you deal with the 6 pounds lost? I mean it's better than my 5 pound lose this month! :x

At first I WAS disappointed, especially after seeing how much my buddy Denise lost...I was happy for her though! But I knew I'd done my best that month (that's all we can do, after all), and six pounds lost was PROGRESS, especially considering I'd spent a few years in Restarts and not losing ANYTHING at all...even gaining! I thought of Robin (Dogma), who's averaged about 5 lbs. a month, and has still stuck to her plan for over a YEAR....and now she's almost at goal (that's very inspiring to me....if she could do it, then I can too!)

I've been an all-or-nothing person in the past and it wasn't getting me ANYWHERE, so I'm learning to let go of my perfectionism.....to strive for excellence and do my best each day to be compliant (and I am most of the time!). I just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater anymore if I am less than perfect on MF on any given day, I don't allow a lapse to turn into a relapse anymore....I just get right back on the MF wagon right away and have an RTD. Then I'll say out loud, "I am ON plan right NOW and for the rest of this day. This was a "pause"....I'm still on MY weight-loss Plan!" The difference is that I'm not "under" or "following" a program....it's MINE....my plan...MY choice. It's an excellent program I happen to believe in, but it's MINE. It puts ME in charge. Does that make sense? It may not sound like much, but it's a huge attitude adjustment for me.

I do my best to see the scale as a TOOL, just one place to measure or gain information from. I find that it serves me better to get on it not so often. My HA, Jan, has been a great source of strength and information to me....she didn't get on very often while she was in the losing phase, and I think that fits for me as well.

As you say, we all must do what works best for us individually. I don't see others as "weak" for weighing more often...it's not a moral issue....neither good OR bad. It's just another way. If weighing less often works better for some of us, that's fine too....not silly or weak in any way.

Joy :heart:
Last edited by jump4joy on July 28th, 2006, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SharonR » July 28th, 2006, 9:56 am

I couldn't agree with you more Joy. ( why did I even use the "weak" word!!! )

SharonR
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to What's Shakin'