Who is a PURE Medifaster?!

Add your favorite recipes.

Who is a PURE Medifaster?!

Postby Carbshateme » August 22nd, 2005, 1:22 pm

Does everyone "add" stuff to the shakes and soups? I ask because I have been adding, only sugar free, calorie free, carb free stuff and I am wondering if it's OK or if I would have better results if I didn't play Julia Child with my supplements.
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby sprgrammy » August 22nd, 2005, 3:07 pm

To the chili I add a little salsa, chili powder and garlic powder. You might also try a little beef boullion....makes it a bit heartier tasting.

To the chicken soups I also add a little salsa or bits of chopped onion and a little chicken boullion. Some people add a bit of diced celery also.

I love spicy food so I always add salsa to the soups.
It is my understanding that you can add two tablespoons of salsa to your soup or chili. Someone correct me if I am wrong. The best salsa I have ever bought I got at Walmart. Sam's Choice medium salsa and only $1.50 for a good sized jar. yummy!!!
Hope I was of some help. Blessings, Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby fatBgone » August 22nd, 2005, 9:04 pm

Hi,
I usually make my shakes with just water & ice. :cheers: Sometimes I add some SF syrup to my vanilla shakes and I don't notice any difference when I do or don't - regarding losing weight or not losing weight.

I like to add cinnamon to my oatmeals and chili powder and/or salsa to my soups. I don't think the seasonings add any calories. The salsa adds a little extra calories, but I read up to 2 tbsp was safe - which is more than enough for one bowl of chili or minestrone soup. :eat:

I think playing "Julia Childs" :chef: is just fine - and a little fun too - as long as we don't go overboard - and if we're making our foods tastier, then there's a better chance that we'll keep eating them instead of getting tired or bored. :yes:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby kellymedi » August 23rd, 2005, 9:41 am

I love all my medifast products except the oatmeal ( I don't use it ) But I only add a T. of salsa to my chili, everything else is all natural and I love it! Of course I don't think it makes a big difference in my weight loss as I'm about the slowest loser I've read about. :?
kellymedi
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » August 23rd, 2005, 2:53 pm

Kellymedi....... :secret: .....you may not be the slowest loser ever...... :scratch: ....I may be tied with you..... :huh: .....but that's okay.. :walk: ...as long as we cross the victory line and stay there... :yes: ..that's all that counts............ :trophy: ..........

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine