New Medifaster Here -- Hello All!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New Medifaster Here -- Hello All!

Postby raederle » December 21st, 2004, 3:02 pm

Hi everyone. I just started MF a little more than a week ago, and I'm so glad to have found you all. What a terrific group of people! I hope I get to know many of you in the coming months, but in the mean time, the short version of "my story" is that I'm trying to lose the last 18 pounds after failing at it so many times I can't even count. I was always overweight since I was a kid until I finally took control of my life when I left the house for college. On a doctor-supervised plan I lost about 20 pounds, lost another 15 a few years later on Atkins, but I've never been able to make the final push. I "diet" for a few days and then binge on weekends and at restaurants, undoing all the good work, and then go back to work on Monday feeling ashamed and desperate (and a pound or two heavier!).

Medifast seems foolproof, even for me. It's hard to binge on chicken soup and slow-cooking oatmeal! But I love the foods so far and fell good, if a bit headachey and cold sometimes. It's worth it, though, and for the first time in 10 years I really feel in control of things again. Let's hope it continues!

Great to meet you all! :wave:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 21st, 2004, 5:03 pm

Hi Raederle,
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you found us.

Let's hope it continues!

You're in control of that....:)
Medifast will not fail you, if you stick to it.

Keep us posted.

Happy Shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » December 22nd, 2004, 11:59 am

Hello and welcome Raederle ~

We're really happy to meet you and thanks for telling us a little bit about you. Those 18 stubborn pounds will soon be outta there and 2005 will find a thinner and healthier new YOU!

Medifast food Does TASTE GOOD and it is an easy plan to follow. May I suggest that you consider ordering the book, Success In A Shaker Jar when you place your next food order, as author Linda Spangle lists the transition plan and the keys to maintenance that you'll soon need.

Be sure to read my Newsletters - see the Home page and click on the Newsletters archives link http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/ to read them.

:kool: Here's to your continued success!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Karen » December 23rd, 2004, 11:54 am

anyone else out there snowed in? just south of Louisville Ky here. We have 3 inches of ice, 6-8 inches of snow, then topped off with more ice. The sun is shining bright and it looks like a crystal palace outside my windows. Don't let the sunshine fool ya. 3 degrees out there. I've got to keep busy and AWAY from the kitchen. Days like this I just want to MUNCH! I am a Home Health Nurse, but since all the roads are closed... I get to stay home... :D
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby explorthis » December 23rd, 2004, 12:39 pm

anyone else out there snowed in?

um... you mean the cold stuff in the white big box in the kitchen?

59 here in Calif, windy (we call them the Santa Ana's)

Off to sled in my fridge......

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 23rd, 2004, 12:46 pm

Sure.....rub it in Mike....:)

It's still H20 coming down here in WA, but the white stuff's not far away...

Look after your own "Home Health" today Karen, and slurp some nice warm Medifast drinks...

Happy Holidays,
:christmasbar:
Last edited by Unca_Tim on December 28th, 2004, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 23rd, 2004, 5:10 pm

Karen wrote:just south of Louisville Ky here. We have 3 inches of ice, 6-8 inches of snow, then topped off with more ice.

Karen,

Talk about backwards! Snow and ice in Kentucky, and here in western Mass, it's in the 50's and POURING rain! There will be zero snow for Christmas. Just... mud. And rivers of it! :lol:

Keep yourself doing the housey busy work ;) That's what I did yesterday to the max. My apartment is VERY clean now hehehe! I even mopped the kitchen floor and that has not been done in, um, a while. "Company is coming" is the best incentive, I tell ya.

Speaking of which, I'm going to get in my speed boat (ok, Ford Focus) to go pick up my sis and her hubbie in Wassaic, NY now!

Good luck everyone during the holiday craziness!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » December 24th, 2004, 12:16 pm

Welcome raederle! :wave:

Happy to meet ya! Well you've found the right plan to get rid of unwanted body fat! I tell you, I've never been so lean on any other diet. I'm finished with the weight loss phase, and haven't EVER been so lean with great tone on any other plan. MF really keeps your muscle mass in tact. I'm happy proof that it works.

Sending warmest aloha to you all,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby raederle » December 28th, 2004, 9:20 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I spent three days traveling to various relatives' houses, and I figured it was easier to just eat "normal" food than to explain why I'd rather just have a bowl of hot water for my instant protein soup... I figured, I'm in control here; I can decide to go off-plan for 3 days knowing I will return and continue without well-meaning but ignorant relatives wondering why I need to lose weight.

With "only" 12 pounds to go, I get a lot of stupid comments like, "Oh no! Why do you think you need to lose weight? You'll be too skinny! You'll just fade away! It's unhealthy!" Of course, these comments usually come from people who are very overweight but choose to stay that way. It's ridiculous. I say, why stop at being almost at goal weight when I know I can reach goal weight with MF??? But they don't get it...

Anyway, I learned two things. One, suddenly switching back to "real" food without a slow transition is very very bad for my poor gastrointestinal tract. I spent an entire night tossing around in bed with awful cramps, and had to finally get up at 2 am to flounder my way into my in-laws bathroom in the middle of the night, clutching my gurgling gut! I'll spare you the details, but trust me when I say that my worst nightmare nearly occurred-- flooding your in-laws' house with an overflowing toilet and no plunger in sight! :shock: LOL! The fleeting taste of cookies and french toast definitely ain't worth it!

The second thing I learned is that MF definitely works if you just stick to it and let it do the work for you. (I know you guys know this, but I had to learn it the hard way!) I did gain a couple of pounds during the xmas binge, but got back on the wagon Monday and have already gotten rid of most of that. So in about 2.5 weeks I've lost about 6 pounds despite the set-back, and have only 12 to go to reach goal. I *know* I can do it now, and I know how yucky I feel when I try to eat like I used to. On MF I feel great, I feel like I'm getting somewhere, I'm accomplishing something for myself, and I'm in control. Off MF I feel icky, guilty, and out of control. Hmmm.... Guess that tells me something!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby Nancy » December 28th, 2004, 5:47 pm

raederle ~

Lessons well-learned are lessons learned well...thanks for confirming and affirming my position on transition!

The new year will find those 12 pounds a mere memory for you, I'm sure.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby raederle » December 30th, 2004, 12:26 pm

I meant to tell you, Camille-- congratulations on your success! I'm so happy for you! Tell me, what was/is your workout schedule like? Did you find while in the weight loss stage that you did better in retaining muscle by exercising? Or wasn't it necessary?
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » December 31st, 2004, 7:35 am

Hi and Welcome!!
You are doing great and those 12 pounds will be a distant memory soon!!
Happy New year !
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Return to Come on in.