White Lie (post/comment from TamiL)

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

White Lie (post/comment from TamiL)

Postby explorthis » February 6th, 2004, 8:18 am

TamiL:
I am sitting here worrying about what I will tell them. there are only 2 people so far who know I am doing this program. one of them is my best friend..who suggested something to me tonite.....she suggested if anyone asks..I could tell a little white lie and tell everyone I am doing a weight loss experiment!! she said to just tell everyone that I am doing a weight loss fast/low calorie program as an experiment for a company who is testing certainprograms for overweight females my age...(

Finalstraw:
Most of us went and/or are going through the same thing. I don't want anyone to know either. Once someone knows you are dieting, they tend to watch every morsel you eat and question you constantly.

Shineface:
Classic story -- right before I was going to start on MF - I said to my Mom- I think I'm ready to start a liquid/balanced fast program - God knows I've tryed everything else short of the surgery which I don't think is the best option --- before I could get the entire sentence outta my mouth I hear "Well, Oprah proved that doesn't work and was just another BS fad diet" --- end of discussion.

OK.. Here comes the 35 cents from Mr. Mouth:
I also did not want to tell anyone that I was dieting, why? How many times have you told someone, friends or family that “I am starting a diet”? What ever diet it is, is not important. Same thing on the other foot, how many friends, co-workers, family members have you heard “I am starting a diet”? Why are these few small words so BS? Because we have all failed, most or all of our friends or family members have failed. This is the “Little Red Riding Hood syndrome” We have all heard it 1000 times. Weight is a personal topic, very personal. Fat is fat, I was always fat, and hated hearing about diets, someone starting, someone failing, because I did nothing to help myself, I secretly laughed every time I heard someone else regale me with their “new diet story” Why? Because 99.9% of the time they failed, and so did I. There was no point, I was doomed to remain fat my entire life.

Finally: Pay attention close… This is for YOU. You are an adult (all of you) this is your body, your money, your life. No one has a chain around your neck or ankle. Tell no one. Tell everyone, make up excuses, lie, it’s your call. A white lie? Who cares, it’s your decision to tell who you want, and who to tell to go pound sand. (I am good at this part) My Dad taught me (you have hard me say it before) YOU CREATE YOUR OWN CIRCUMSTANCES. Say it again: YOU CREATE YOUR OWN CIRCUMSTANCES. So create them. Tell, don’t tell. I opted to tell NO ONE, except my wife and kids, and of course my Mom, as she found this diet for the both of us, as they needed to know. My best friend that I eat with every day, I lied to him. Told him I was not eating lunch because tih Dr. put me on Cholesterol lowering supplement (to replace lunch) and I could not eat lunch. I did not show him the shakes, or the shaker. I WAS AFRAID, like the 1000 diets I had began in the past this one would fail, and I would be another statistic “failure”. I Opted to keep this one quiet.

Well eventually the weight began to come off. It did not happen overnight. Have I said this before? It did come off. It did come off consistently. I did not deviate from the program (do it how ever you want to do it) I wanted the weight off and FAST, so I stayed on only shakes, nothing else. The weight continued to come off. I did not know how to handle this, as it has not happened successfully before. As the weight came off, I was unable to hide it. I shrugged it off; still fearful I was going to fail. I was still not sure (probably in denial) I was going to lose the weight, but it was coming off. Soon as I told CONFIDENTIALLY a few people what I was doing, the secret was out. There are no secrets in life. I have found out, life is gossip, there are nary a group of people you can trust, this is what I believe anyway. I finally gave in, and let everyone in. The weight came off, I was successful.

Today marks day 151 of my loss. I have successfully lost 111 pounds. I do not know what my goal is. I started at 337 pounds, and I weigh 226. AMAZING! I think I am stopping at 222. I am on my own version of maintenance (I will speak about this in another topic when I am ready) and I am not gaining it back.

My thought is this, as repeated before: This is YOU, YOUR CHOICE. Do what you want. Family, friends, foe, enemy – Tell who you want, tell the others to go pound sand. You owe NO ONE ANYTHING!

Be faithful to Medifast, it is your true friend, and will NEVER betray your trust, not for a second.

Lastly: Look forward to the comments as you progress, they are ORGASMIC. Not a day goes by where I don’t hear some head swelling comment about being skinny. It never gets old. I want you to have these feelings.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Starloser63 » February 6th, 2004, 8:39 am

Mike,
As usual you are right on. I personally have not had trouble telling people, but I am a stay at home mom so I don't have coworkers, but I have told the women from church I am not worried about them judging me. So I believe like you, we are all grown-ups and can choose to do what we feel!
Just do what you know will be best for you and your program. I would not tell rather than lying, but that is just me. Seems to me you would have to keep coming up with stuff to tell everyone. Even if you don't tell or lie and the weight starts coming off and it will. If you don't stay on program and follow thru' on maintenance you will gain the weight back. So just make it your decision that this is going to be the last diet program you have to do and you wont have to worry about what everyone says. Except of course the complements that Mike talk about.
I know I can't wait for that.
Shineface, I also told my mom and she wasn't very supportive either had negative things to say. But I'm lucky,(for diet purposes only) I'm 40 and live 800 miles away from her.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » February 6th, 2004, 10:24 am

Mike and Susan ---

Thanks for everything you have said --- it helps me.

Mike, you are sooo right God knows I haven't had trouble opening my mouth and speaking my opinion most of my life --- and that hasn't gone away...but you are right, I identify with the announcement of starts and failures, worried looks in family eyes and inquisitive looks in the eyes that, what - need to get a life of their own and stop watching me.

I love my family - my Mom cares so much about me and I see the look of concern in my Mom's eyes every time she looks at me - concern for my health - concern for the pain that she knows I am in and concern that I will be OK --- we've become so much closer since my husband Clif died -- I think she was really afraid of losing me too when that happened. She is so proud ( and actually expressed it out loud to me at Christmas- unheard of!) of my life changes - new town, new house, new career, new friends --- she is really afraid of my taking on my weight battle yet once again and seeing the pain when I fail. She has seen that over and over and over again. NOT THIS TIME - Mike, you are right it IS all about adult choices - MEDIFAST -believing in me and what I am doing. However, I am looking forward to visiting my folks in March while they are in Florida and getting off of the plane feeling better physically and able to discuss what I am doing with her --- OR NOT---we'll se how I' feeling about it then. I just know it's all my decisions.

Anyway, I wander --- thanks for the posts. Again, thanks, I needed that.
Pam
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss