Where in the World is that UPS Truck?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Where in the World is that UPS Truck?

Postby Landylue » December 24th, 2004, 7:38 am

"Back on Track; Add Me to the Restart Group; Starting Over"--move over guys, I need to squeeze in line with you. My new clothes are getting too snug, and I gave away all my big ones. It was either spend money on new duds or Medifast--it was an easy decision.

I've ordered a boatload of Medifast and will be getting back on the full-fast horse the day it arrives. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Last week, my doctor put me on, as he put it, a "baby dose' of Welbutrin. Since I gained 150 lbs the last time I was on an anti-depressant, I am taking action NOW and watching the scale closely so that won't happen again. :weightlift:

Gotta run--all you guys have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Karen » December 24th, 2004, 7:52 am

Landy,
Welbutrin really should help and it actually DEcreases your appetite, it is also used to help control the urge to smoke. Good luck, welcome back and a VERY merry CHRISTmas!
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby TamiL » December 24th, 2004, 8:39 am

Welcome Back Landylue!! :-P

I have had my fair share of Re-starts....I dont think this last time has really hit me yet...Im still do dissapointed in myself..my ONE day binge led to a few days...and I am still trying to pull myself back up!! I had almost 15 days of PURE Medifast with so nibbles or muches or ANYTHING..but all it took was one wrong thing to go into my mouth and I was off and running!! just when I think I got it back...something happens..and I have to figure out what that something is!! we all struggle with Food..its an addiction...just like smoking!! or drinking for some...but our addiction is something we cannot live without..nurishment!!
Ive decided to just start again after christmas....not a licence to PIG OUT or eat alot..just watch my intake of calories and sugar...allow myself a few glasses of wine...to put my mind at rest about this whole "messing" up issue...and enjoy the holiday....then re-direct my mind after that!! and start A New!! I wont make it to my new years goal....but I can sure shoot for st. patricks Day!! lol!! I feel that as long as we dont give up completley on ourselves..and go back to our old ways for good..we ARE making progress...every day it is a battle for me....one I refuse to lay down and give up on!!

anyhooo....thats my latest....good to have you back my shakin pal...those clothes will be getting looser in no time!! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!! ;)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » December 24th, 2004, 10:49 am

Hiya, Landylu ~

I have wondered about you and what you've been up to ~ I was hoping it was "down to" but we all have those days.

You've found your way homeward and for that, I am thankful!

So, Wellbutrin decreases one's appetite, eh? Well, bring it on! I take Prednisone which makes me feel like a raging scarfer. I just must be very very disciplined or I'd give in to my foody desires. It has been extremely difficult for me the last week and I have remained in control until last night when I was baking cookies.

We had been out and a bout during the day and I shared on of my shakes with Terry and gave my bar to a lady at the market. We stopped for coffee at Starbuck’s and I found my eyes kept darting to the cookie case…I told Terry that I was really hungry and we needed to get going. We got busy chattin’ with each other and some folks at Bucky’s. By the time we got home, I was wa-a-a-a-a-y past my eating time.

I prepared a nice supper of grilled salmon, a small green salad and green beans. Terry also had cottage cheese (because HE can – we are on maintenance for those of you who have recently joined our happy getting-smaller group. No, you may NOT have cottage cheese if you are on the weight loss plan!).

I was doing all right but got hungry in about an hour and fifteen minutes so I had a bottle of water. The HONGRIES raged. I had a pickle and more water. I wrapped gifts. I dusted.

I mixed up and baked a couple of batches of cookies as a gift for a friend. About 2 AM, as I was just finishing getting the kitchen back in order and gonna head for bed, my mind went blank. Terry and Unca were in bed. I was in the kitchen. ALL ALONE! I felt like I heard the small still voice that blurted out, “Danger! Danger, Will Robinson! You are in imminent Danger. Get your tiny hiney outta there!”

I had baked two different types of cookies and I ate two of each…

I was cheesed at myself because I scarfed them, didn’t savor them and didn’t even have a cup of tea or a cup of coffee with them.

I broke all my rules: allowed too much time to go between meals earlier in the day. I had planned ahead by taking an extra shake and bar with me for the afternoon excursion but my generosity got me in trouble. If I hadn’t given my bar to that lady shopper and my extra shake to Terry, I would have eaten on time. (Notice the slight case of BLAME goin’ on here?!)

Lesson learned: It’s every man/woman/kid for himself! Don’t share YOUR very own Medigrub with anyone– if you don’t eat on time, you are more likely to pay for it later on or the next day when you just can’t seem to control the hunger.

Avoid dangerous foody activities when your day has been compromised! I could have baked the cookies the next morning when I was well-rested, had eaten breakfast on time and was feeling more in control.

Avoid being in the kitchen or near the refer when you are feeling weak. Never stay in there when you are alone.

Did I do badly? Am I a naughty Girl, destined to spend the afternoon standing in the corner while others laugh and talk and snack?

No. I am not a bad girl. I am human. I AM on maintenance (don’t let that become an excuse or a license to eat ‘though…) but I did not need those cookies. Those FOUR transfatty sugar-laden cookies. I didn’t even enjoy them. I planned to eat a few goodies the next day so I was doing without for a few days because I never overeat two days in a row and I never eat sugary fatty foods two days in a row. I try to stay low glycemic all the way.. Point is, we are ALL susceptible to moments of uncontrolled scarfage.

Learn from my lesson and this weekend, especially, eat all of your Medifast food on time.
Do not skip any meals.
Drink all of your water.
Don’t be caught in the kitchen ALONE. Take a guard with you; you’ll be less likely to sneak grub.
Get plenty of rest.
Set yourself up for success.
If you must eat, have a tablespoon of the food in question; eat just ONE cookie or whatever it is that you feel you need to make this your special holiday celebration.

Get right back on the Mediwagon the next day. Do not let one meal turn into three and one day to turn into a week. Now is the time to deal with it.

Merry CHRISTmas to all and blessings to you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby RavenKat » December 24th, 2004, 12:44 pm

I am going to tattoo this on my bleeping arm!!!!

<<Do not skip any meals.
Drink all of your water.
Don’t be caught in the kitchen ALONE. Take a guard with you; you’ll be less likely to sneak grub.
Get plenty of rest.
Set yourself up for success.
If you must eat, have a tablespoon of the food in question; eat just ONE cookie or whatever it is that you feel you need to make this your special holiday celebration.

Get right back on the Mediwagon the next day. Do not let one meal turn into three and one day to turn into a week. Now is the time to deal with it.>>
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Landylue » December 26th, 2004, 7:00 am

What a wealth of wisdom from you ladies!

Karen - Thanks for the information on Welbutrin. It's helped 'lift my spirits' to some degree, but the most important thing is that I haven't seen a weight gain. It's only been four days, but, hey, usually that's more than enough time to put on 3-4 lbs!

Tami - You said, "I feel that as long as we dont give up completley on ourselves..and go back to our old ways for good..we ARE making progress...every day it is a battle for me....one I refuse to lay down and give up on!!" That's exactly the way I feel! I may be doing a 'belly-crawl through the mud' at the moment, but it's progress in the right direction.

Nancy - Excellent advice! Cookies--any kind of cookies--have always been my downfall. When I was a little girl, I had to get weekly shots which stung like a bee--how I dreaded it! Afterwards, Mama would always stop by a 'broken cookie shop' and buy me a bag of cookies. (Shades of Little Lotta!) Maybe I still put cookies on the same level as love or caretaking.

Along the same advice, a few years ago I was taught to use the word HALT as a guideline. Never let yourself get to Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. Good grief, if WE don't take care of ourselves, who will?

Ravenkat - Look at your weight stats, girl! You have done a marvelous job! So glad you've hung in there and are still around.

Here's hoping that 2005 will be a year filled with health, good friends, and new beginnings for all of us.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room