UPS man brings hope in a box!! NEWBIE

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

UPS man brings hope in a box!! NEWBIE

Postby MomsTherapy » June 30th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Hi!

Well, I'm the newest newbie at this point. I have purchased 2 weeks of Medifast. I was actually browsing this forum when the UPS guy knocked on the door. Then my 3 year old looked at me with a funny smile as I danced around with my box singing..."my food is here...my food is here". I sure hope the excitement stays!

So I took the box to the table and used ziploc slidelocks to plan out all 14 meals. I read someone had done that and it sounded great. Even better I can use one of the medifast shipping boxes to hold both weeks with a piece of cardboard in between the two weeks. I know when the first column is empty...time to reorder. Sounds like a plan, but you know how that stuff works right? I will wind up hating something I ordered and have to open each ziplock in search of the nasty to replace it. *sigh* Well...here's to trying to be Mrs. Betty Homemaker anyhow! :)

The bars were totally melted. :(

So, wish me luck and you guys are great! I enjoy reading here so much. I need to lose 30-35 lbs that just won't come off. I have tried lots of exercise, free weights, aerobics, tuna, tuna and more tuna. I just cannot control my eating by myself! Im left with that three child belly and hips that will not fit in "those" jeans. So here's to "those" jeans and fitting into them COMFORTABLY once again!

Im soooo excited! Here we goooooooo.......
:lol: :) :)
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby 24KaratGold » June 30th, 2005, 2:45 pm

Woohoo! Congratulations on the arrival of the UPS guy! :D And on making the decision to do this for yourself -- it is SO worth it.

Where on earth is that place that you've identified in your profile as your location?? Never heard of it!

Good luck to you -- we're all here when you need us!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 30th, 2005, 2:50 pm

Moms...... :wavie: .....Welcome............I totally understand your excitement in recieving your food.... :yay: .....for me it was like Christmas morning...... :bouncie: ....I couldn't decide which to try first.........30-35 lbs will be off in a flash.... :mrgreen: ......and believe me this is the best way ever to get it off...... :yes: ......your body will lose in those hard to lose places... :shock: ...it's amazing........so best of luck on this journey and we will all be here to cheer you on..... :cheerleader: ........
donna...........dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 30th, 2005, 4:09 pm

Leah-

WELCOME! :wave: You will be to your goal before you know it!

Give this program 100% & you will see the weight just fly away! :pigsfly:

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin

Postby Sablebaby » June 30th, 2005, 4:14 pm

Welcome Leah!

Great idea with bagging up all your days food. So, when is the start date? Tomorrow? :D Good luck to you, your gonna love it here!
:goteam:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby MomsTherapy » June 30th, 2005, 4:24 pm

*giggle*...South Cakalaky is "slang" for South Carolina. :lol:

Thanks for all of the support already - you guys made me tear-up! And yes, I start tomorrow. Yay!!

My Mom has been overweight her whole life (or as much as I can remember) and she did Optifast once. She started MF two weeks ago tomorrow and she has lost 12+ lbs so far. She says it is so much more tasty than optifast was and lots more options. Very encouraging! She has more like 80lbs to lose but she is going for it and I am so proud and motivated by her! I will tell her about this board so she can get the support you guys are giving me too!

Thanks bunches!!! And see you tomorrow!! :mrgreen:

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby suzyq » June 30th, 2005, 8:24 pm

Welcome Leah! Sounds like you are a great planner - that will come in handy! I agree that Medifast is the best tasting fasting plan - I did HMR years ago and HAD to doctor every shake just to get it down - with the MF I just mix it in a shaker and slurp away! Love it! Bummer about the bars though - could you return them??? Just a thought...

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq

Postby LilMsTexas » July 1st, 2005, 3:32 am

Welcome Leah......and I'm very excited for you AND your Mom! You both will see each other melt away before your very eyes. By this Christmas you two will be doing some MAJOR clothes shopping together and HOW FUN IS THAT!!!! We hope to see your Mom around the ole neighborhood soon too ;)

Take care and be in touch should you ever need a boost,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 1st, 2005, 5:08 am

Thanks!! I had my cappuccino this morning....delish!

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Walks262 » July 1st, 2005, 8:36 pm

Hello Leah,

Your first day as a Medifaster should be over now. We are all hoping it went real well. Let us know!

Good luck to you and your Mom.
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby mytime » July 1st, 2005, 9:55 pm

Leah - welcome ! Sorry to hear about your bars - but I am with your mom. The products taste great. The results are amazing. Looking forward to reading your posts and offering any help I can. All my best, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby doglover » July 2nd, 2005, 6:14 am

Welcome Leah! You are such an organizer! Woohoo! Hope your first days are coming along painlessly. I have never heard South Carolina called that and I think it's a hoot!

My bars came totally melted the other day too but firmed up by the next day. No worries.

Welcome!!!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 2nd, 2005, 6:58 am

Day ONE is DONE!!!

I like everything so far. I mean...for a shake (after trying myoplex lite and Advant low carb, etc) they taste pretty good. Im just glad there is only 6-8 oz of this stuff to drink. I feel so full after just that little bit and with the "other" people's shakes you have to drink like 12 oz or more. I wanna yak before I get half of it down. This stuff goes down well.

I did go to bed with a headache and was pretty tired yesterday (surprise surprise....I didn't have my high carb high sugar boost ever few hours from the kitchen that I normally would have been snackin on) I dreamed of MF all night! Aghhhh! Seriously - I am totally overthinking it and cannot wait until the first three days are over and I can settle into the program like a pro! You guys are such motivators! Thanks!!

I need to clean out the fridge - Im kind of scared too as I might see something my mouth waters over and want it. But it needs to be done as the leftovers are going to grow legs and start a protest with each other if I don't get them out of there. :fence: I guess I will do it now as my cravings aren't that bad in the morning. It is from about 2pm to.....well, bedtime that I crave stuff. Wish me luck - Im going to fight off the tupperware of ....whatever that stuff is in the back.

Oh and the bars firmed up great in the fridge. :)

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » July 2nd, 2005, 7:04 am

Leah..... :clap: .......your doing great...... :hmmm: .....and cleaning out the fridge right after your supplement is a good idea..... :yes: ....that way your not as tempted...... :scratch: .....and as far as being hungry from 2 pm till bedtime.... :huh: .....that could be the first few weeks of head hunger...... :rollrolleyes: ....it should subside..... :mrgreen: ........just keep your eye on the prize/goal..... :glasses: ........
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Emma » July 2nd, 2005, 7:10 am

Welcome Leah! Congrats on starting MF. After the 1st week you'll be feeling so great. My bars melted too from my last shipment and they firmed up fine in the fridge. I freak if I can't have my daily bar!

You're doing great and I look forward to seeing your success! :D

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.