Where the heck did......go???

1 Thread per registered User.

Where the heck did......go???

Postby CaribGirl » November 29th, 2007, 12:02 pm

I have been lurking on this forum for about 18 months. I don't post very often, have never started a journal. and am doing a bariatrics eating plan as opposed to MF. I have maintained my weight loss (not a significant loss because I didn't have much to lose) for over 18 months now with the help of this forum. I come here everyday and read the new posts if for no other reason than to stay motivated.
Robin, Biki, Lauren, and Jo are my main motivators, but I find that reading everyone's journals helps. I am curious as to what happened to several of the folks I used to look forward to reading posts from:
Ascicles
Queenie Lou
Chynna Doll ( I know whe hit maintenance, but I would still like to hear how she is)
JeepGirl
Wikdtrk
and there may be a few others that were around with this bunch that have just disappeared.
Does anyone know where these folks have gone?
And Robin, I know your life is easier when you don't post as aften but I really miss reading about your daily trials and tribulations as I am fighting that exercise/eating battle myself.
Anyway, I want to say thank you all for allowing me to lurk!
Carib Girl
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby Serendipity » November 29th, 2007, 2:22 pm

Queenie Lou pops in every once in awhile. The rest haven't in months. Others come to mind:

Vicky
falisamarie
mellowmom
arklahoma
jen
jennp
karli
sidrah
darkand stormy
nova (reached goal, hasn't checked in)
donicab
supermom
joelie
loriannk
casma500
lauradr (reached goal, but came back to recommit, then left again)
victoriusNat
PJinCali
Denise
Nancy (hehe, she used to pop in much more often)

People come and go. Many were struggling and just poofed. Others just moved on.

If you see your name here or even if you don't, just check in and let us know how you are. We still think of you.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DogMa » November 29th, 2007, 3:00 pm

I so miss some of those people. But it's just the way things are here. People fall off the wagon and are ashamed to come back, or they just sort of drift off.

When I first got here, the only maintainer around was Nancy. It made me VERY worried about long-term success.

And thanks for the kind words, Carib. I'm still around, just not as often. I think I do a lot better when I don't focus so much on my daily trials and tribulations, as you say. I don't want food to be so much a part of my life, after all this time, and it seems to become a lot less important if I just shut up about it. ;)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lauren » November 29th, 2007, 3:12 pm

Hey, Caribgirl! Thanks for the mention, I am so happy if anything I do or say or don't say (but that's rare!) is a motivator!

I miss a lot of these folks as well, and would be thrilled to hear from them. I would love to assume the best, that they all reached goal, and are living glorious thin lives with no need or interest for this forum. But alas, Jo is likely right, that some can't bring themselves to return if they fell off the wagon.

The truth is, even for those of us who've achieved success with MF (yay!), I can't think of a single person on this forum right now (or in the last year or two) who hasn't already lost weight and regained it from some diet or another. We've ALL been there before. Maybe not with MF, but with some plan at some time. So there should be no shame/fear/embarrasment in returning. Failure is in giving up, not getting up and trying again.

I don't post too often, but try to come in frequently enough so you don't have the same thing that Robin mentioned, which is a fear that there are no successful maintainers (besides Nancy). I promise to keep coming, oh and I'll try to do some more pics soon, to make you all see that this keeps on working and life is still great!

Cheers!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 29th, 2007, 4:02 pm

Oh my goodness, I hope those that are here don't leave anytime soon...I need you all!!! :oops:
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lizabette » November 29th, 2007, 5:26 pm

BOO HOO! :cry:
Even if I wasn't mentioned as a motivator, I honestly won't take it personal... :cry:
I know I have been motivated a lot more than I have motivated others!
Some of the names mentioned were really motivating to me while in the losing phase of MF, and I appreciated their support and inspiration.
I think of them ever so often, and hope they are doing good. I miss my HOLBERRY, who still checks in every once in a while.
Eventually all good things must come to an end...just part of living I suppose.
And the good thing is, there are bunches on the board and others coming along that are just as motivating and inspirational as those mentioned above...
but I'd still like to hear from them once in a while, too.
:-P
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 29th, 2007, 6:13 pm

I know all too well the shameful feeling of falling off plan and not wanting to hold myself accountable. I too miss many of the people mentioned because they were all extremely active when i first joined. It is a horrible feeling of failure when you just aren't able to remain compliant, at least it was for me. But alas, i hope that all mentioned are doing well in their weightloss/maintenance world. I made up my mind to do it again, with full success THIS time. I am at a different place mentally. I was also at a different place mentally each time i restarted! :mrgreen: Anyhoo, ima keep on shakin! Almost to the 20# club!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » November 29th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Katie, Keeli, Suzy..........and all of the above.........wish they'd all check in with us.

QueenieLou was planning on coming back but still hasn't retrieved a PM that I sent her Nov. 6th. The mom part of me is concerned about her....but I figure she is busy or her computer is on the fritz. Hopefully every one of those mentioned (and all of those who we've enjoyed but their names are stuck in the brain fog of our minds just this second) will check in soon or perhaps even when the New Year begins.

I miss reading Nancy's input, too...... Her life must be very busy right now.

All of these people missing makes me very much appreciate those who have made goal and continue to post -- their stories of their continuing journey to keep the weight off, make continued improvements in their health and also the encouragement they offer others. THANK YOU!!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Tawanda » November 29th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Pinkbugs, Alex, DeDe, Brian, Tony, j0j0................

There will be many more names popping into my head as I give this more thought. :?

(I wrote Keeli earlier, but I meant Kelee)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 29th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Tawanda wrote:All of these people missing makes me very much appreciate those who have made goal and continue to post -- their stories of their continuing journey to keep the weight off, make continued improvements in their health and also the encouragement they offer others. THANK YOU!!!

Perfectly said!! Thanks to all of you who are at goal and continue to hang with us and offer support!! Your stories are SO inspiring - THANK YOU!!

And a special thanks to Jo for always keeping it real and telling us like it is and not just what we want to hear. Your journey and honesty are a blessing! :bighug:
Out*With*The*Old

Postby bikipatra » November 30th, 2007, 3:27 am

I'm just glad that I'M still here. My journey certainly hasn't been linear. T's hasn't been either. But we're still here. The little Elton John in my head is singing-"I'm still standing , yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm still standing."
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bikipatra » November 30th, 2007, 3:31 am

Lizabette wrote:BOO HOO! :cry:
Even if I wasn't mentioned as a motivator, I honestly won't take it personal... :cry:
:-P

You're always at the top of my list. Okay, 2nd. Joleen is first. You are in very good company. :heart: :hug:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Lizabette » November 30th, 2007, 8:26 am

Hey, This is a such neat thread! Thanks CARIB, and everyone for your input...I want you to know that all of you share a bit of space in my life.
Oh, DRAMA QUEEN. Where are you? You reached goal and are doing some exciting things.
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby DogMa » November 30th, 2007, 9:56 am

I miss Vicky, personally! I know she had computer issues for a long time, but that was AGES ago and I keep hoping she'll resurface at some point.

As for folks falling off the wagon, I'm always glad when they have the courage to come back. We all face those same issues, and it's inspiring and helpful to hear from folks who have gained some or all of the weight back. Not only is it inspiring to see them return to keep fighting, but learning about what made them slip can help all of us avoid those same problems. And I think seeing people return can encourage others who've slipped to return, too.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Serendipity » November 30th, 2007, 10:05 am

Vicky and I kept in touch via email for a long time and she was doing fine, but then she stopped responding to my emails and didn't pick up PM's when I sent them. I noticed recently that she came back and deleted all of her posts.

I hope she's ok.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Next

Return to My Journal