Having a heck of a time

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Having a heck of a time

Postby KeleeGrl » July 19th, 2005, 8:17 am

I haven't been in the forum for awhile because things have been hectic in my life this month. My dad just recently got very, very sick...he has been bedridden for about 5 years now with emphysema so he's on oxygen 24/7. But he somehow (even though he doesn't leave the house unless he's going to the doctors) contracted pneumonia. My mom and dad live in S. Carolina, so that makes things even more difficult. I can't imagine not being able to breathe..and of course it has gotten even worse since the pneumonia. I thought we were going to lose him on Saturday and he was starting to give up, but the doctor says he will get him well and he will go home!! I'm praying for that. Even though he's been sick for a very long time, I'm not ready to lose my dad yet!

Of course, with the whirlwind of emotions I have not been 100% compliant and sometimes don't eat when I'm suppose to. I have not gained any weight, but have stayed the same and of course, I'm not happy with myself. So that is why I made myself come back to the forum and read all of your inspiring messages. Christi....you are awesome and I am so happy for you!...(just wanted to tell you that since I haven't yet:)

I knew I could vent here...thanks for listening.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby joysea » July 19th, 2005, 8:34 am

Kelli~
I will certainly keep your father in my prayers. I can't even begin to imagine what he is going through.

The one thing you can control during this emotional upheaval is staying true to Medifast. The security of knowing what to eat and when seems to stabilize my emotions during times of severe stress.

We are all here for you....keep us posted.

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » July 19th, 2005, 8:38 am

Kelli-

I will be keeping your Dad & your family in my prayers. :angel:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mytime » July 19th, 2005, 9:04 am

Kelli - so glad you came back and so very sorry about your Dad ! It is times like these that we need our MF support team the most. I will be thinking of you at this challenging time and want to again say I am so happy you are back and... without any gain - that is really terrific !!!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 19th, 2005, 9:23 am

Kelli, let me add my sympathy and my prayers, but also my happiness for you that the doctors have said that you WILL have more time with your dad. Cherish it. I lost my dad when I was 27 years old, and I still miss him.

I am losing the man I call my almost-brother. He is unconscious, and on life support, and I do not know how to bear this. I am still praying for a miracle. I'm not sure how, but I have been pretty true to Medifast this last week and a half, possibly because it is the only really good thing happening in my life right now. I used to snack when things were bad (in the six weeks my dad was in the hospital before he died I gained 20-25 pounds), and that was just one more bad thing happening. Now I'm trying to follow the plan, and the scale is moving down still, and that is at least one good thing to hold onto in the midst of all the bad stuff.

Hang in there, hon. God bless you and your dad.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby martha » July 19th, 2005, 10:58 am

Kelli--

I too have added your dad and your family to my prayer list.. I know how hard it is as my mopm has emphysema also and on oxygen.. I lost my dad to cancer 7 years ago this Thanksgiving.. I miss him everyday..They tend to give up when they are so sick but I am sooo glad the Dr's have given you the news that they will get him over this and he will go home. No matter how sick they are or how long they have been sick you are never prepared for the loss of them..I will pray for you nightly..you have done so good to handle this and not go over board eating.. that is a testament by itself.. :D We are here for you anytime day or night..

24Kt--

I also will add you and your almost-brother to my prayer list.... you are doing great on program and handling it soo well during these trying times..Keep up the good work..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LeeannNH » July 19th, 2005, 10:58 am

hi kelli

im sorry to hear that your dad isnt well. i will keep you and your family in my prayers. it is a sign of great strength that you came here to vent. you are awesome and dont forget it!

take care of yourself for you and for your dad
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby KeleeGrl » July 19th, 2005, 12:53 pm

Thank you all..Martha, Leeann, 24K, Mytime, Angelia, and Joyce, for being so supportive :hug:....I knew I could count on my MF friends. 24K I will also be praying for :angel: your loved one and Martha, your mother too!...I just hope the doctor is right in my dad's case. Thanks again everyone.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 19th, 2005, 2:36 pm

Wow, Kelli, that is incredibly stressful and to not gain anything is really great! I will be thinking and praying for your dad and a recovery. Dealing with life and death issues are just not fun no matter how you look at it.

Come here anytime and I'll be looking for a new post saying that he is home from the hospital!

Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Alisha » July 20th, 2005, 7:23 am

Kelli I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles right now. I hope your father will be well soon. The doctor sounds very positive and that's always a good thing.

I think you have done splendidly during this hard time by not letting old food habits take root. A LOT of people say that maintenance is even worse than the diet itself so I really commend you for not gaining. Hang in there. We're all behind you. :hug:

All the very best.

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.