What's in a name?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby GucciGoo » June 22nd, 2006, 4:24 am

My name is pretty self-explanatory. I grew up on the beach in Brooklyn, NY and am to this day a beach lover. But I have advanced to much nicer beaches!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Karakuri » June 27th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Karakuri has no relation to my real life name at all. it is a japanese word that pertains to automatons or mechanized puppets. i adore robots and anything to do with karakuri as a whole.

in gaming i use the name Karakuri even if the character has nothing to do with robots/puppets/automatons. i just love how it sounds.

it's nice to see another TankGirl fan here too. i wore-out my fav long sleeved TankGirl shirt a while ago. i think i wore it nearly EVERYWHERE i went! especially when i had my head all shaved and such. but that's a whole other story for another time. ;P

old school comic book Booga love, btw. they totally messed him up for the movie. so sad. :(
start date: June 12, 2006
start weight: 260
new start date: May 14, 2008
current weight: 260
goal weight: 160
height: 5'7"
back on medifast, again, and ready to kick it into gear!
Karakuri
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 4th, 2007, 4:30 am

Bumping this thread so that some of you newer members can weigh in....
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 6th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Well, mine is pretty easy to figger out really. I am the mom of a rodeo competitor. What is funny is that when I say it that way most folks think I have a son - I don't. My daughter barrel races horses and is now learning how to "cut" and rope. My email addy is the same thing, but I had to add 426 (my birth month and day) because basic rodeomom was taken.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 6th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Ohhh nooo, I would have been more creative had I known there'd be a test :oops:

I'm pretty easy - dont go there ;) - Out With the Old - you know, the old me - the fat - oh, yeah, and the other bad things in my life like bad relationships, emotional eating and poor choices. I really should have gone for Its All About ME - wonder if that't taken! :twisted:
Out*With*The*Old

Postby bikipatra » October 7th, 2007, 4:04 am

Okay, here goes. I warned you it would be long because my family loves nicknames so much. I guess I do too. (Jolene Sue comes to mind!) My sister is a a year and a half older than I am and couldn't say baby so she called me "Bibi" and usually uses it to this day. The whole family called me that. In Spanish, one of the forms of Vivian is Bibiana. I still have an aunt who calls me Bibiana. As I grew, I was always hungry and always wanted to eat even though I remained thin. (I told you I always had an amazing metabolism most of my like) They thought I might have a tapeworm. So my Mom started calling me "Beak" referring to the way a baby bird always had it's beak open waiting for a worm from the mother bird. So then I became Beak to my mother. Then the two melded and my father started calling me Biki. Until his death that is the only thing he ever called me except "cabrona." My mother still either calks me Beak or Biki. Around 4th grade I began a love of archaelogy and anthropology that ended up being my college major. I especially loved Cleopatra and Nefertiti. So one day my sister starter calling me "Bikipatra"-a combination of Biki and Cleopatra. She never really calls me the whole name Bikipatra anymore but is fond of caling me "Pats" which is a nickname for Bikipatra. Whew! So the only individual I am related to who calls me by my given name is my husband. My name is Irene. Although most of the time he calls me "sweetie."
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby katesmom » October 7th, 2007, 6:06 am

Thanks Biki for your very interesting and cute story !

I think Biki is a fine name !

My nickname growing up was "peanut" !
My Dad gave me that name...

I certainly don't look like a peanut now !!! But one of these days I will get closer to the description of that name !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby BabyTrace » October 7th, 2007, 6:26 am

Baby Trace.... My name is Tracy and when I was a baby my two year old cousin started calling me Baby Twace, which of course evolved to Baby Trace. It stuck and now almost 37 years later my mom's side of the family still calls me Baby Trace.
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Hopebaby » October 7th, 2007, 9:16 am

I've been using HopeBaby in forums since 1995. I was on AOL then and I was always getting hit on and harrassed so I wanted a name that had nothing to do with my own name (Linda). My first granddaughter was born that year and her name is Hope. I tried to use BabyHope but believe it or not someone else on AOL had that in 1995 so I went with Hopebaby and have used it on all forums ever since. Hope is actually kind of proud that Grandma uses her name. Hope is a family name for us but until now it was Esperanza. (My daughter agreed to name her first daughter Hope but drew the line at Esperanza.) Hope is the 3rd one with that name that we know of.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 340-6-pack » December 6th, 2007, 11:23 pm

OK I know you are all wondering?????? 340-6-Pack????????

Well I have a SWEET 1971 Dodge Dart/Swinger with a 340 engine with a 6- pack intake.....got that Ladies?????

If I can I will post a pic......help Unca!!!

Real name>>>>>>> Steve Stunning!!! :lol:
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

340-6-pack

Postby jskm » December 6th, 2007, 11:41 pm

Mine is actually quite simple and boring. The first three letters ("jsk") are my son's three initials and the last letter ("m") stands for "mommy."
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » December 7th, 2007, 12:55 am

340-6-pack wrote:Real name>>>>>>> Steve Stunning!!! :lol:

.... and your stage name is Stunning Steve Austin??

ImageImage

I believe I do see a resemblance ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 7th, 2007, 6:30 am

Helloooooooooooooooooooo Baby! :-)
Out*With*The*Old

Postby KellyC » December 7th, 2007, 8:02 am

I usually use kildaere on forums, it's a name i chose for a game some 8 years ago. I don't play anymore, but I still use the name sometimes.

When I started here, I decided I didn't want to hide behind a fake identity, I've done too much hiding when it comes to my weight and my eating compulsions, so I used my real name.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » December 7th, 2007, 4:19 pm

Well, mine is simple too...LIFE LOVIN ARIES. What can i say? Oh yeah, i guess all i can say is... it has NOTHING to do with OVARIES!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

PreviousNext

Return to What's Shakin'