What's more important?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What's more important?

Postby Echo » June 13th, 2004, 7:44 am

What's more important, dropping 4-5 lbs a week or the healthy choices we are making? For the past few weeks I have dropped 1-2 lbs a week, do I feel like a failure? No. Not until I read some of the posts where others seem disappointed in a small loss. I'm on the 5:1, it's working for me. But then there are those who think 5:1 is a 'bad idea', if it's not the 'full fast' then it's not good enough. pshaw I don't need to drop 4-5 lbs a week, I'm happy with the 1-2. I don't have hundreds to lose either.

Some people act like this is a contest or a race to see who can lose the most the fastest. At least that is my perception. Fact remains that no matter how fast you lose the weight, if you can't prepare a lean and green meal and eat in moderation then it's gonna come back. This is about more than a quick fix or what the scale says, this is about making healthy choices.

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby RavenKat » June 13th, 2004, 9:43 am

Echo,

I think whatever works for a person is what a person should do. Speaking for myself, I cannot function on the 5 and 1 ONLY because if I eat one thing then I'm eating 10 things. :oops: Of course, I'm going to need to learn to cook and eat healthily again or this is a wasted effort.

My take on the recommendation from some to stick to the full fast is simply that they know that a lot of people can't handle it and would eventually (or immediately) start eating all the wrong things. If this advice doesn't apply to you then you are one lucky lady! :star:

No, this is not a race. I find it inspirational that some people lose 5 pounds a week - I also find it inspirational that some people have lost 50 and are hanging in there even though they are currently stalling on the weight loss portion. Everyone on this forum is struggling in their own way and succeeding in their own way.

Hopefully we can learn from each other and become the healthy eaters, sexy-figured human beings we all deserve to be - no matter how we do it.
:goteam:
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Not a competition...I agree

Postby bear45 » June 13th, 2004, 7:10 pm

Hi all...I surely agree that this is not a competition...I realized after reading the original post that every time I send an email to you guys I am tallking primarily about how much I have lost so far.
You know this Medifast deal for me is about choosing life over death. I have carried this weight around for so long that I just simply can not believe this is happening and going as well as it is...the instant gratification of losing so quickly these first 2 weeks is so motivating for me.
I think each person chooses what works best for them and each person loses the pounds based on individual metabolism. Anyway, I just wanted to say that it surely is not my intent to set up a "competition" here...I value so much this support forum and I thank you each for being here...
One day at a time with Medifast!! :lol:

Lisa in Dallas
bear45
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room