Important Message From Jeanette

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Important Message From Jeanette

Postby Nancy » September 1st, 2004, 8:00 am

MakeMeThinner Forum Friends ~

One of dear MMT Losers has been away from the public Forum for a while due to a job change and a major move...some of you have wondered where our Jeanette has been...I received a note from her this morning and wish to share it with you. Please keep 'Nette in your prayers.

Dear Family and Friends:

Greetings from sunny (at the moment) Florida! As you may have seen on The Weather Channel and in the news, Hurricane Frances is headed straight for Florida--in fact, it is currently predicted to hit appoximately 20 miles north of where I live (Port St. Lucie). I want to inform you of my plans to ride out the storm.

I will be taking shelter inside the hospital where my boss's wife works as a nurse. (She willl be on duty.) The Cohens have taken me under their wing, and will include me as their "family" during the storm so I can seek shelter with them. Along with Mr. and Mrs. Cohen and me at the shelter will be a family friend, Mrs. Cohen's elderly mother, two dogs, two cats and four birds--quite a crew!

We're taking the next couple of days here at the office to secure computer systems, files and other important documents. I live in a pretty sturdy building made of concrete, so I don't anticipate much damage there.

I estimate that I will still be able to be reached at my cell phone number until the storm hits, but after that, it could be awhile before I can get in touch with anyone. It all depends on how the phone and power lines weather the storm. I would assume that includes internet access as well.

There’s always a chance that the hurricane will take a sharp turn north toward Jacksonville, but, like tornadoes, they are unpredictable in the end. Please keep all of us here in south Florida in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!

Jeanette
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby RavenKat » September 1st, 2004, 8:09 am

Thanks Nancy!

I will definitely be thinking of Jeanette (and Carrie) during Frances.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » September 1st, 2004, 8:23 am

Nancy,
I don't know if you will have the chance to speak to Jeanette but if you do please give her our best wishes.

Also, I'd feel better if she'd evacuate - a Cat 4 hurricane leaves behind extreme damage and this storm is huge in size. Hurricane Charley hit the west coast of Florida as a Category 3 bordering on 4 and there was one hospital there that was extensively damaged. It is easy to be deceived into a sense of security by having a concrete building around you. It makes me nervous to think of her riding it out.

I'll be thinking of her,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 1st, 2004, 11:10 am

Jeanette,

Although you can't read these messages, I hope you know we are all praying for your safety as well as all Floridians. Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts