Invalid session message.

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

Invalid session message.

Postby Maggie » November 28th, 2003, 9:33 pm

I am having trouble replying to posts. I had no trouble earlier today but after repeated attempts, I keep getting the same message "Invalid session". I even signed off, then back on to no avail. Can you help me, please?
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 30th, 2003, 9:00 pm

Hi Maggie,
Darn...You had probs getting registered on the forum too, didn't you?
:?
Are you using AOL for your browser? If so, try using an IE browser.

One other thought. Do you have cookies enabled? Without getting technical, you have to allow cookies for the forum to work.

As far as I know, you're the 1st person that's had probs. I'll dig around the web and see if I can find any info about others having problems with this forum application.

Email me, if you continue to have probs.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 24KaratGold » January 5th, 2005, 10:47 am

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm a new person and it seems silly to start a new thread for the same issue.

I use two different computers, one at home and one at work. At home I access through AOL bring-your-own-access. I tried to reply to a post this morning and got the "Invalid Session" message. I thought it odd, because I do belong to a couple of other message boards that use this format and have never had that problem before. Is it an AOL thing? I have no problem using the work computer, which is on its own company access server.

Thanks!
24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 5th, 2005, 11:53 am

Hi 24KG,
Ok....i won't make any comments about AOL....:)

Just minimize your AOL browser and open an IE explorer or Netscape or...or...there's lots of alternative browsers around now.

That "should" solve your probs. Let me know if you still have probs.

......oh...and welcome to the forum, if I haven't already.
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LadyinVA » January 5th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Maggie,

I also had this problem (I am an AOL user). Once I minimized AOL and opened internet explorer I no longer received that message.

Good luck and welcome.....from another new member :)
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 13th, 2005, 12:29 am

Again, I know this is an old thread, but ... I get this a lot, too. I don't use AOL, and I have a high-speed connection. It seems to happen when I take too long to finish a post (usually if I'm thinking, or if I change screens to do some work and then come back to finish the post). Is there some sort of time limit built in?
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 13th, 2005, 7:45 am

Yes...nearly all programs that allow you to log in, have some kind of time-out period. This forum is set to 1 hour, which generally should be enough time. If your internet connection "burbs" during this time, you "may" get logged out before the 1 hour time period.

Another thing you might note is. If you click on the "View more Emoticons" option, this brings up a second window with more emoticons to choose from. I've notice if I open another browser after this page to navigate the forum, then make a new post on this page, the post will get lost in space. For each instance of the forum you open, be sure if you want to add an emoticon from the "View more Emoticons" page, be sure to always open that page from the page you're adding your post on. Hope that makes sense.

One thing I always do and is a good habit to get into.....if you have a fairly long, creative post that you don't want to lose.....right-click, select all, and copy it, before you preview or submit it. That way you'll have it saved on your clipboard and you can just re-enter it, if it disappears on you.
Last edited by Unca_Tim on June 13th, 2005, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 24KaratGold » June 13th, 2005, 7:54 am

Incidentally, Unca Tim, I'm finding that I'm not having a problem using AOL to post anymore. I'm still going through Firefox most times just out of habit (and the fact that I like the way I can have multiple windows open with tabs), but there are a few times, like with this post, that I've reverted to AOL, and whatever problem I had originally seems not to be there now. Maybe AOL finally got a clue....
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby KeleeGrl » June 13th, 2005, 8:26 am

I use AOL when I'm at home and the only way I can :puterboos: post from there is to go through Netscape and it works just fine then.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » June 14th, 2005, 10:55 am

I have AOL too and the only way I can post is to go through internet explorer.. then log in.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Web Room