A few important questions from me to you :)

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A few important questions from me to you :)

Postby FutureEMT » February 3rd, 2007, 10:18 pm

Hi all, just to let you know, I'm still on the job hunt, and haven't gotten medifast YET(I will), but I have lost about 10 pounds total on my own...it's been slow and hard, but still it gets me closer to my goal, and I know that MF will get me there a lot quicker! As for my questions....

1. When I begin training in the EMT program in October I know that I will have been on MF for atleast six months( I'm hoping for 7), I'm not sure how vigorous the training will be, will it be safe for me to be on the medifast diet and in training? I really have no clue as to what extent the training will go, but lets say that I have to run a lot....will that be safe? If not, any recommendations?

2. I've read that your biggest meal of the day should be eaten as your first meal of the day, I was thinking of chosing to eat my L&G for my first meal of the day, and then go shakin' the rest of the day...hopefully that will promote even more weight loss....I may be wrong. What do you think of that? :?:

3. Do I have to choose the soups,chili, etc... or can I just go with the shakes when ordering? Which do you recommend and why? NOTE: I'm not a big big fan of soup or chili, I can deal with it, but if I can avoid it, I'd rather...but that's ok.

uuuummm, I think that's it so far, off to sleep to resume job hunting bright and early! :mrgreen:

Thankies!!!!!!!!
FutureEMT

Postby Mike » February 3rd, 2007, 10:23 pm

1. After 6 months your body should adjust so that exercise is fine. If you find yourself getting too tired, you can always add in an extra supplement to replenish. Just watch yourself, and keep drinking the water.
2. With Medifast, you should always have a supplement with 1 hour of getting up. After that, I would say whenever you have your L and G is fine, just space your meals somewhere more than 2 less than 4 hours apart.
3. You can have any of the supplements you want 5 times a day. Mix and match, just limit the bars to 1 per day (no more). You can have 5 oatmeals if you wanted.

Good luck. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » February 3rd, 2007, 11:09 pm

...and as far as the shakes go, they don't come any easier than the Ready-to-Drinks (RTDs). They don't seem to stick to the ribs as well as some of the other choices, but they're quiiiick! (I've never made peace with the vanilla -- and believe you me, I tried -- but the chocolate ones are pretty o.k.)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Charity » February 4th, 2007, 10:17 pm

I did all shakes for the first week before my MF order came in. I was sucessful but like my nutritionist said--It got old really fast.

I like the chicken noodle soup. I love the chocolate bar ( I thought for sure I would hate it because I hate all other chocolate protein bars). I like the eggs (again, thought I would hate it). I hate the pudding but I just make fat free, sugar free jello pudding and add Fiber to it to make it comparable to the medifast one ( yet it's lower in fat and calories). This could get long....

Anyway...just try out a few other things too--just in case you get bored.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 4th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Charity wrote:I hate the pudding but I just make fat free, sugar free jello pudding and add Fiber to it to make it comparable to the medifast one ( yet it's lower in fat and calories).

uh oh....careful on the pudding, and don't substitute it for a meal. You're missing all the goodies (nutrients) that are in a Medifast pudding meal replacement.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » February 4th, 2007, 11:21 pm

As Unca pointed out, although numerically, your version may look like its better, its missing the important nutrients and specialized soy protein that Medifast products have in that that sets our bodies up for the fat burning state.
If we could substitute other products for medifast based on the numbers, I'm sure we could find lots of things to do so, but the nutritional value of the medifast products far exceeds those found in the supermarket.

Just be careful there is all we are saying.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Seaside » February 5th, 2007, 8:24 am

I have a question: does the capuccino count as a meal? I sure hope so, because I LOOOOOOVE it!
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 5th, 2007, 8:51 am

Seaside wrote:I have a question: does the capuccino count as a meal? I sure hope so, because I LOOOOOOVE it!

Yeppers.... :thumbup:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby DogMa » February 5th, 2007, 3:47 pm

If the training is very physical and there's a lot of running, then I would differ with the advice above. You will NOT be getting enough calories to sustain a lot of exercise, and you could easily put yourself into starvation mode - or worse - by not eating enough, even with an extra supplement. If it turns out to be very physical, I would suggest consulting your doctor.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LovenElvis » February 12th, 2007, 8:39 am

If you find that you are going to burning quite a few calories then maybe you could switch to the Medifast 70. I know that I have done that with people who are very physical...some of my clients are in the Army (females) and they use the 70 plan to help maintain and get the boost in calories etc...

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss