new girl with an important question!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

new girl with an important question!!

Postby katie1982 » September 28th, 2004, 4:08 pm

Hi, I am on my first week of MF. I am really excited to see where it leads me. I already feel better about myself and haven't even seen the significant changes yet. Probably because I know that this is going to help me, even though I've tried so many other things. It's amazing that in one week I can notice not getting so winded running up stairs!

My question is this: My boyfriend (who is so supportive of this new part of my life) and I are going to be celebrating our one year anniversary in about a week. I know we usually go out to dinner on our month anniversaries, so I assume we will on this very special one! What is something that I can have? I am on the MF 70, 5 or 6 packets a day. I just don't want to have to "fall off the wagon" and go through the process of ketosis again!!! ;)

If you know of any restaurants that serve something you can eat on the diet, or know of anything good that I can ask for specially, that would be great!

Thanks,
Katie
katie1982

Postby sudaoning » September 28th, 2004, 5:07 pm

Hi Katie!
Welcome!
I have been on MF about 7-8 weeks now and have been out eat a few times. On those occasions I have had a piece of grilled meat and a green veggie (last time it was green beans) or you could chose a salad. When the meat serving was larger than permitted I shared the meal and ordered an extra veggie. Don't think I did any damage. I am usually on the complete program but have enjoyed an occasional "normal" meal.

Good to have you!
Before you know it you will be at your slim n sexy goal!

Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby katie1982 » October 1st, 2004, 9:22 pm

Thanks, Donna! Good to know that going out to eat occasionally hasn't messed up your weight loss.
It's actually a pain not to go out as much as I'm used to! The longer I go on the diet I see how much I associated food with people. My mother and I were going to hang out last night and my initial thought, on what we would regularly do, was go out to eat somewhere. Another thing is my boyfriend and I used to go out to eat, or get fast food, maybe once a day or more.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Katie
katie1982

Postby sudaoning » October 2nd, 2004, 4:51 am

Katie
Yes it's amazing how much our lives revolve around food and how lost we feel for a while.
Not that we are hungry.
But how do we fill in the spaces that food has filled in our lives.

But how much has been crowded out of our lives by food in the past?
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby DutchChoc » October 2nd, 2004, 8:44 am

Very true, Sudaoing! And how much of the time we thought we were having a "great time" was it only the food, lol!!!! :lol:
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » October 3rd, 2004, 5:30 am

good point dutch!
i have been noticing how often people eat in silence.
or if the food is not there how lost we can seem until we remember the other things we love in life!
i went horseback riding with a friend yesterday. no food! just sore legs.
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Return to Come on in.