What are you looking most forward to?

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

Postby TheShadow » June 1st, 2006, 1:00 pm

Great thread and it's very inspiring (and sometimes heart wrenching) to hear some of other people's reasons and what they are looking forward to. For me it's both for health and my self esteem.

1. I don't want to be a diabetic like my father, mother, sister and 2 brothers, aunt, uncles and cousins. So i'm looking forward to never having my blood sugar go that high.

2. I want to climb stairs and hike mountains again without my knees giving me so much pain.

3. I want my DH to look at me like he can't keep his hands off, like he did before I got fat.

4. I want to wear shirts tucked into my jeans and wear a belt again.

5. I want to go to the beach and have no one stare at me because of my size.

6. I want to go to the beach and have people stare at me because they think I'm hot.

7. I want to look like a healthy, vibrant, active, middle aged woman, not a fat one.

8. I want to live a long time.

9. I want to hear people say "Wow, you look great!" and mean it.

10. I want to be flexible and strong.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby emarooster » June 1st, 2006, 4:49 pm

This list is a great idea. I’ve been working on this for a few days, getting everything firmed up in my mind for my big launch on 6/5. Here goes:

1. I want to look in clothes.

2. I want to look good without clothes. :whattha:

3. I want to embarrass my teen-aged son mercilessly in public by my outrageous behavior ONLY, and not because of my weight. :eyecrazy:

4. I want to go to my 30th class reunion in ’07. I haven’t been to a reunion since my 5th because I won’t go fat.

5. I want to take my dad for one last trip to Hawaii. He wants to see Pearl Harbor again. I want to HIT THE BEACH!!! :ukulele:

6. I want to wear Levi’s. The name brand, skinny legged and small booty only, Levi’s.

7. I want to learn how to scuba dive and then go somewhere and do it every year on vacation.

8. I want to live life long enough to embarrass my son during his middle years by telling stories about what daddy was like when he was boy to my grandchildren. :oops:

I want to close with an observation. Being thin will not make me happy. Neither will being thin make me popular, rich, famous, glamorous or smart. Being thin will not make me anything but thin. I can be happy right now, at my current weight, with all of my health problems (none of which are weight induced, so I will still be have them when I’m thin), at this income level, in the house I’m in right now, with the husband I’ve already got. There is nothing “out there” that can MAKE me any happier that I choose to be right now. I can be fat and happy. I want to be thin and happy…. while wearing my Levi’s.
Our family motto: "We Put the FUN in Disfunctional!"
emarooster
Trusted Member - #20 Club

My reasons for losing weight...

Postby Elizabeth » August 5th, 2006, 5:05 pm

I want to feel comfortable and confident

I want to be a good example to my children and my neices and nephews

Want to feel proud of myself for losing this weight...which has been a lifelong battle and emotional burden....its time for new things!

Want to accept invitations to meeting new people, going to parties etc....I tend to hide

Accomplish more physical work

Amusement parks

white water rafting

ice skating

skiing (snow and water)

roller blading

bicycle with my kids, husband, friends

wear a tank top and short shorts

wear a bathing suit and not feel self concious

wear a sleeveless evening gown

wear high heels again!! like everyday and not cry about it.... big one :)

not shop in the plus stores and buy things I don't really like
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » August 22nd, 2006, 8:15 am

Ok so I'm chiming in a little late... Here are my top 10 reasons and even though they are supposed to be not health related why because we already know that's a benefit!

1. To be the size I was 7/8-10/12 when hubby and I first started dating

2. Not develop diabetes like my Mom and Grandma.

3. Have a healthy pregnancy (we want to try for kids)

4. Wear the size 7/8 Donna Karen jeans I used to love and they are still hanging in my closet I couldn't come to terms with throwing them away.

5. Not be the "big girl" I claim myself to be when hubby & I are out at car/truck shows to make myself feel better around all the thin girls.

6. Have more energy, I used to love washing cars with hubby on the weekends, now I don't even attempt to go outside and watch it's too much going up and down the stairs.

7. Go for my 4 mile runs again.

8. Shop out of the Victoria Secret Magazine I get in the mail(I think it's karma biting me in the rear for all the bad stuff I did when I get these, I sure didn't sign up for them)

9. I don't want to think about what I'm going to wear to weddings or a night out because one pair of jeans fits better than another, I want to grab whatever pair of jeans are clean and wear them!

10. Finally I want to feel better, look better, and just be a wonderful wife and never feel like my husband doesn't love me for me or is going to leave me for a skinny girl (that's what I always tell him I'm scared of) and I want my parents to see me healthy again and Inspire my Mom who has type 2 diabetes.
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Elizabeth » August 27th, 2006, 9:48 am

bumping to the top for newbies :)
Elizabeth

Postby cyn » August 27th, 2006, 10:41 am

Thank you so much for bumping this!! It is a much needed thread to give motivation to all!
I have many reasons for wanting to lose. Here are a few in no particular order.
health
appearance
my family and friends
and all the little things of course-like being able to climb stairs, walking-not waddling! using baby powder for every crease on my body, and so many more- but mainly because I want to feel alive and enjoy my life rather than just going thru the motions day to day!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby 2getskinny » November 6th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Lets see:

1. Get back to enjoying life again and Not letting my weight keep me from it.
2. Be able to bend over without my stomach being in the way.
3. Not have to wear a DDD bra anymore.....THAT WOULD BE GREAT!
4. Be able to wear NORMAL size clothes again, No more WOMENS sizes.
5. Be able to tye my shoes and not look for slip on shoes to make things easier.
6. Buy T-shirts that FIT the way they should instead of hiding in a shirt three tims to big. (Thinkin it's hiding the fat)
7. Wear LEVIS 501s again and look GOOD in them. :)
8. Be able to wear a Nice cocktale dress when my DH wants to take me out on the town.
9. Be able to keep up with my Girls when they want to go shopping for the day at the mall.
10. To Knock my Husband's socks off at the New ME. :)

And ON and On! LOL!
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby TypingTrish » November 8th, 2006, 12:44 pm

WOW!! This was some pretty doggone good reading!! I'm just "re"-starting my weight-loss "adventure" and it was nice to see that I'm not alone!! I can relate to way toooo many of these! Thank you thank you for such motivation! I'm off to make my list now!! :drive:

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

Just curious...

Postby Slimmin' » June 26th, 2007, 12:40 pm

I was reading some of this forum of what people want in losing weight. Interesting stuff. I was curious what you all do for little mini-rewards along the way....non-food of course. Clothes? A new CD? Something that sparkles (seems I remember reading something about a tiara...I'm jealous).

So far mine has been clothes, but almost as quickly as I buy them they become too big. What a great problem!!!!
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Re: What are you looking most forward to?

Postby cindyjones008 » July 4th, 2009, 10:43 pm

Wow, nobody's posted in here in a while.

I am most looking forward to:

1. feeling comfortable with my personal appearance
2. being more active with my kid
3. being a positive health role model for my kid
4. having fun trying on cute clothes
5. dating again
6. be athletic
7. not feeling like I have to hide
8. feeling confident about myself no matter what weight I am at
9. spending less money on groceries since I won't be buying all the excess junk food anymore
10. being my true happy self

I am curious out the people that previously posted what they were looking forward to: did you get any of those things and how did it go?
cindyjones008

Re: What are you looking most forward to?

Postby Now Or Never » July 26th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Wow, lots of great thoughts and I have had many of them. Although they have been said before I will still list the ones I am most looking forward to, plus one or two more.

In no particualr order.

1. I look forward to not having my boobs sit on the table in a booth!!!!
2. I look forward to no back pain!
3. I look forward to reaching a safe weight, so I can get pregnant!!
4. I look forward to being able to run around with my niece/nephew and siblings, and of course my little one when that time comes.
5. I look forward to being able to say " I did it!" when I reach goal.
6. I look forward to having smaller boobs at goal.
7. I look forward to having a boob lift so that i can know what it feels like to have them stick out, rather than hang down!! :oops:
8. I look forward to stop hiding in my house, because I am ashamed of how I look.
9. I look forward to being with my skinny friends and not feeling so embarrassed. (they love me as I am, but its still uncomfortable)
10. I would LOVE to be able to borrow (keep LOL) a pair of mom's jeans
11. I look forward to taking the leather skirt back from my mom, as I told myself i would never fit in it!! (Just to take a photo in it!! )
12. I look forward to walking into a room and not feeling like they MUST be laughing/talking about me.
13. I look forward to being in teh 100's, as I dont remember ever being there. (lowest weight i remember is 230 at age 12)
14. I look forward to being able to talk to other overweight persons, and tell them my story, so they know its possible.
15. And I definitely look forward to getting off of the list of people who come up to me and say "MMM Baby, you are my size" (am from the caribbean).

Ok, thats me, I am restarting tomorrow, my goal weight is 175 for now, my current weight is 360lbs.
Now Or Never
First Post

Previous

Return to The Elevator