Time to come forward

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Time to come forward

Postby TypingTrish » November 8th, 2006, 8:06 am

Hello everyone! I have been "lurking" around the forum now for several weeks and decided it was time for me to once again make my presence known! I look at all the pics in the studio and while I am so excited at all your success stories, it still depresses me because I get to thinking that I could be one of those success photos if I had only stuck with Medifast....two years ago! Actually..I did Medifast 12 years ago and had GREAT success and lost 90 pounds, but unfortunately that all found it's way back. Then in April 2004, I started again and lost 40 pounds...but you know how all the excuses go, I fell off the wagon AGAIN! Well here I am now...45 years old, totally miserable with the condition I have let myself get in again :( BUT...I have decided that only "I" can make this happen and I have been back on Medifast for a week now!! I'm already feeling MUCHO better!

Here's my problem though and I hope I can find some support buddy(s)! I work from home and while some of you have problems staying on the wagon when your family is home, it's just the opposite for me. I do fine when my husband and daughter are here (keeping an eye on me I guess)...It's when I'm here home alone all day and I go to the kitchen to make my shakes that I have this urge to munch! YAAKKKK! I can't DO that! I gotta make it through the day hours without cheating ANY! I can do this! I've done it before and I CAN do it again!

So..if any of you would like to message and/or E-mail me throughout the day with some "Surveillance" please feel free to do so!! I'm counting on ya'll to help me maintain my willpower and reach my goal!

My oldest daughter is off to college this year, my youngest is a junior and soon to be leaving also. That means only 1-1/2 years until my husband and I are at the point in our lives that we've made so many plans for! Some of those plans do NOT include this extra baggage tagging along!

Well, I know this was long, but I just wanted to re-introduce myself and say "hello" to everyone! You are such an inspiration and I look forward to meeting ya'll!

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » November 8th, 2006, 8:40 am

Welcome back, Trish. I know you can do this because I did. Much of what you say was me a few years ago.

Let me tell you......when the empty nest happens, being thin makes it so much better! You will be able to do so many things together as a couple....so don't let the extra baggage get in the way.

Good luck to you......and think before you eat.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Jan » November 8th, 2006, 9:19 am

Hi There Trish,
We're all willing to help you on your journey to "thindom". I "work" at home too :D so I understand the trips to the kitchen. I drink tea -- (decaf and regular) all day long.. that way my tummy always feels warm and full. I use lots of the MF hot products too.. .cocoa, cappuccino, chai and even make the teas hot. I'm going to try warming up the fruit drinks.... I've found if you keep your tummy feeling full it's easier to stay away from the "little tastes -- yup they become big tastes before you know it" :?
I'll watch for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby casma500 » November 8th, 2006, 11:58 am

Hey Trish! Welcome back -- the first step to the new you! :) I'm happy to help but I have a weird deal at work -- I relieve the receiptionist every other week, and that is the only time during the day I get to come to the forum. I would be happy to "see" what you are doing and try to help you remember to do other things ~ maybe you can take a quick walk around the block when you get that urge?? Or just walk to the end of your street and back -- just enough to get you away from the kitchen :)

Anyway, glad you are back and will try to help you all I can (I find it helps ME even more somehow! Go figure!) :mrgreen:
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Amber » November 8th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Hi Trish,
Welcome back on the Medifast Wagon!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » November 8th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Welcome back. Amen to fresh starts! You will do it this time around! :)
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Elke » November 8th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Welcome Trish, only you can do this, we will help as much as possible but you have to do the work
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby VickyJ » November 8th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Welcome Trish

You CAN do this! Have faith in yourself.
VickyJ
Start Date: 7/8/06 166 Goal: 11/9/06 140

VickyJ
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby smartipantz » November 8th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Welcome Trish!

Keep this forum bookmarked and visit it OFTEN. It's the best support group you can find. You will find many of great people and we are all on the same weight loss journey! We pick each other up when we fall, we give wonderful pats on the back for great accomplishments and offer some fantastic advice.

You know the program works......... just think how great you will look by Xmas........ and ahead of all those that will wait until the first of the year to start their new year's resolutions!!

Good luck!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TypingTrish » November 9th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Thank you all for the warm "welcome back"! I have been reading some of your journal entries and they are amazing! I can relate to so many of the feelings and struggles you have been through and actually shed a few tears while reading some of them! I've found that if I look at some of the studio pics when I'm feeling the urge to cheat that that puts me in the right frame of mind to stay on track...seeing the amazing transformations ya'll have had!! :yourock: Thanks again!!

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » November 16th, 2006, 8:18 am

Welcome Trish!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.