Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

weightloss

Postby teacher » March 22nd, 2005, 12:22 am

I weight 200 pounds and am 5'3' and am thinking of doing medifast
but I dont know if I will have the will power to do it
teacher

Postby 24KaratGold » March 22nd, 2005, 12:51 am

Hi teacher! Glad you found this place-- it is a great source of support and strength when we are at the end of our will power -- and it happens to all of us all of the time. These things are much more easily done with a buddy.

You CAN do this. Are you a teacher? That means you were able to commit to doing something for many years -- getting the education you needed to be able to be a teacher. By contrast, you have to commit to losing weight for only less than a year -- maybe lots less, depending on what is a healthy weight for you.

Make yourself a deal. Order one of the starter kits. I know they have two week ones, but order one of the one month ones. You can do ANYthing for a month. Give it an honest try for just one month. At three weeks you'll have to decide whether you want to order supplies for the next month. I predict that you'll be so thrilled that you'll want to stay with it.

There's no avoiding that the first three days are usually pretty difficult (I was one of the lucky ones; it wasn't for me), but after that it get easier. And the rapid weight loss is highly motivating.

Give it a try. Tell yourself that you can do this -- and you will. Good luck!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Karen » March 22nd, 2005, 5:37 am

For me, the weekly success of seeing the scale go down, seeing the difference in the way clothes fit on a weekly basis, seeing how much better I felt and the increase in energy I had, all without being hungry and being able to eat food that really tasted good..... all these things gave me the willpower to stay with the diet. Promise yourself one week of being faithful to this program, no cheats for ONE week.... read the uplifting posts on here (and make new friends on here) and you will see for yourself what you can do if you really want to lose the weight. Some people have a tough first few days, I didn't. I did have some times when I wanted to eat something....but when I really took a look at it... it wasn't because I was hungry.. I just wanted to eat. I very quickly found out that I could eat something every hour if I needed to. By the end of the first week, I had to set my watch alarm to remind me to get in those the last supplement. I YOU want to lose the weight, You can do it with this program. Good Luck and welcome aboard.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 22nd, 2005, 6:15 am

Teacher.....when we WANT something bad enough....we have DETERMINATION for it ....so if you want to lose ... YOU WILL HAVE THE WILLPOWER... :D :D
24k & Karen gave you great advice.....I'm sure there are many people out there who say they want to be teachers but are not.....If they wanted it bad enough they would have sought the means ....I' m sure your educational journey for your profession wasn't always easy....there had to have been many bumps in the road....but YOU ROSE ABOVE!!!!.....I'm sure teaching every day...(and by the way GOD BLESS OUR TEACHERS as for todays day that title encompasses much more) isn't a bowl of cherries.....but the rewards of touching a child...helping them to learn...is worth the price to pay. So you obviously have determination......With this forum you will have the most wonderful people to confide in ...be consoled by....have laughs with ....& let me tell you the MEDIFAST FOOD IS DELICIOUS !!!!...you will wonder if your really on a diet ...now that's my opinion. I have tried EVERYTHING ..(well except bypass & liposuction...which I did look into & contemplate). NO diet has provided the education...nutrition....support...and weight loss that Medifast has. Whether you lose fast or slow...you will lose!!! And if you educate yourself along the way you will view food differently. So I sure hope you decide to join. It is a very rewarding journey that I'm sure you will enjoy... :D

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby junglejane » March 22nd, 2005, 7:33 am

Welcome teacher! They are all so great at saying the right things! I just want to add my welcome and to say that you will not regret it if you start medifast. I worried about willpower too but even when not on medifast I worried about willpower. I just needed to lose weight period end of sentence. I jumped in with both feet and never looked back. I won't lie and say it is really easy but it does become part of your life and with the forum for support, it is hard to fail. I hope to see you as a regular on the forum pages. We are all in this together!! ---- Jane
We will emerge to show the beauty within...

junglejane
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby sister » March 22nd, 2005, 9:36 am

Hi Teacher

Everyone has said just about everything that can be said! Just wanted you to know that I felt the same way. It took me 3 weeks to decide to order. Now, 10 weeks later I am 40 pounds lighter and feel fantastic! Once I got it in my head that this is really simple and to just follow the instructions and check in here EVERYDAY, it has been a breeze.
My mom started MF about a month after me and she has lost 30 pounds - and she's a diabetic!
After a lifetime of trying everything to lose weight, I can honestly say this is the first program that gives consistent results and doesn't make me feel bad or sick or deprived or anything. You will actually feel super after about the 2nd week. It's like a fog gets lifted.
You can do this and as you can see, you'll have awesome support here.
Email Nancy and ask her any specific questions you have. I know she helped me make the right decision.

Look forward to seeing you here more, Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

from one teacher to the next...

Postby LAwoman » March 22nd, 2005, 9:56 am

...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

You've already taken the important step of wanting to change and be a healthy, fit person and now you've found the BEST way to do do that.

I started MF because as a teacher going to grad school I spent so much wasted, stressful time trying to diet, trying to figure out what to eat and not eat each day, all the while gaining more and more weight over the last year and a half.

MF WORKS!!! - Everything is taken care of for you. Just rip open a package 5 or 6 times a day and watch the pounds fall off. Seriously, I have to force that 6th meal down at the end of most days. Never in a million years would I have thought NOT wanting to eat would be a problem for me.

Everyone gave you some great advice this morning. Look at their results, listen to them. These people have been so helpful and supportive and it's so fun to watch everyone drop those pounds and reach their goals.

You definitely have to be ready to lose the weight. But think about tomorrow and next month and next year. Where do you want to be?

I too read up quite a bit on MF before starting, lurking on this forum for a few weeks. I remember someone questioning their own willpower to remain on the program and lose the weight. Someone's response has stuck in the back of my mind anytime my mind has even thought about straying from MF - "What's your alternative?" :?:

Best wishes for whatever decision you make. I hope we see you posting your losses soon. :D

soon to be,
thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby doglover » March 22nd, 2005, 2:22 pm

Hey teacher! I am saying dito to all the comments above. I can only add that I have NO WILLPOWER (really) and I am doing this program 100%! It does not take willpower bec. you can literally put something in your mouth every hour. This need will subside after the first week or so, but you eat every 3-4 hrs and between them you can have legal snacks. I would suggest starting on a work day as you are then preoccupied so can get thru the roughest times.

Give it a try. I was so skeptical and decided to try 2 weeks. After my first 3 days and a 5 lbs loss I was HOOKED! I am now down 19 lbs as of Sun. I have been on since 2/7. This program works and is easy in comparison to other programs. It is also healing some emotional and psychological needs for food that I am just now realizing as it takes the "real" food out of the picture for a little while. You can do it! Come here and read and learn and then jump in feet first! :yippee:

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.