No Weightloss

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

No Weightloss

Postby lamobe » August 4th, 2007, 9:55 am

I'm getting a little discouraged. Tomorrow will be the end of my 2nd week. The first 3 days on MF I lost 8 lbs. (water) and haven't lost a thing since. I have been very good on the diet and have been walking. Do some people just not lose anything for the first month? I used to drink a case of diet drinks a day and now only drink one a day............water for the rest of the day. I'm doing everything right except losing.
lamobe
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby bdg » August 4th, 2007, 10:34 am

There are a few questions, but the first of which would be are you eating within the first hour of waking up, and if so what are you having.
Are you weighing/measuring your lean and green?
Are you having all 5 Medifast meals a day and your lean and green?
How much water a day are you drinking?

Those are enough to start with, from there we can try to figure out what is going on.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby lamobe » August 4th, 2007, 10:57 am

I HAVE A MF SHAKE W/IN THE FIRST HOUR OF RISING AND ABOUT 2 TO 3 HRS. THEREAFTER AND I DRINK LOTS OF WATER. I DON'T REALLY MEASURE THE GREEN BECAUSE I USUALLY EAT LETTUCE THAT COMES IN PACKAGES WITH MEASUREMENTS ON IT. I'M DOING EVERYTHING I'M SUPPOSED TO DO. I WRITE IN MY DAILY SUCCESS TRACKER EVERYDAY SO I'LL KNOW WHAT I'VE HAD AND WHAT TIME. I'LL WAIT UNTIL THE END OF MY FIRST MONTH AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. IF I DON'T LOSE ANYTHING BY THEN, I GUESS IT WOULD BE POINTLESS TO KEEP ON DOING MF. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM WHEN THEY STARTED OR IF IT'S JUST ME.
lamobe

Postby Mike » August 4th, 2007, 3:44 pm

I hear the frustration. We are all different and our bodies react differently to the changes that occur.

One thing that is suggested is that you don't start exercise (if you hadn't been exercising before) for at least 3 weeks. If you had been exercising before, then cut it in half. That gives your body time to adjust to the changes.

Since the timing of the medimeals seems okay, and the water intake seems okay, I would say there might be issues with salt/water retention from the protein in the L&G (less probable), the bar being to caloric, or the time between your last medimeal of one day and your first the next.

Many times the reason that we don't lose is simply that our bodies go into starvation mode and hold onto everything. In this, whatever we eat our bodies convert to glycogen and keep it for later as fat. I know it goes against every concept you know about losing weight, but we sometimes need to feed our bodies to lose. Especially since you have been exercising during the first 3 weeks.

I would suggest either cutting out the walking, replacing the bar with a different medimeal, or having an extra medimeal after your walking. See if that helps and go from there.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » August 4th, 2007, 10:44 pm

I agree with Mike. I had to cut out my walking for the first month and then only walked for 10 minutes for a few weeks. There was no stall in weightloss.
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lamobe » August 5th, 2007, 8:29 am

I appreciate all the suggestions. I will try cutting back on the walking and see what happens.
lamobe

Postby Jan » August 5th, 2007, 6:23 pm

Hi there,
I have GOOD news for you!!! Of that 8 pounds you "lost" the first week... most likely only 4 pounds were water weight. Generally about half of what you part with in the first week is water weight. So most likely you're down 4 pounds. The average weight loss is about 2 - 5 pounds per week. The four pounds you lost would put you at 2 pounds each week. I know we allll want to lose faster.... But remember weight loss is not Linear... that means you don't part with the same amount each week. Week three seems to be a troublesome week... many people don't part with a thing. But then week four comes and you start parting with the pounds again. Did you take your measurements before you started?? I've had people tell me that they weren't parting with any pounds but that the washer was stretching just THEIR clothes... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Sometimes we lose inches and then pounds ... Just keep going .. you'll make it.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby lamobe » August 5th, 2007, 7:51 pm

I hope you're right Jan and only half was water! I didn't take any measurements before I started. I figured I'd just try on something that didn't fit anymore from time to time to see possible inch loss. Thanks for the encouragement.
lamobe

Return to The Weight Room