2nd week - weightloss was only 1lb ????

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

2nd week - weightloss was only 1lb ????

Postby cacky » December 12th, 2005, 7:55 pm

Hello all! Need some words of wisdom! I did great my 1st week...lost 7 lbs! However, I weighed this morning (day 14) and I had only lost 1 additional pound. I didn't do anything different except that I missed my last supplement on 2 different days Do you suspect that was the reason for my weightloss slowing down or is this just a normal thing? I drank my required water and have no other reasons for retainage. Can anyone offer any insight as to why this occured or does anyone have any advice???

Also - wasn't sure where I should be posting general questions....is this the correct place or is there another heading I should be posting them under?

Thanks!
Cacky
11/28/05
183/175/140
cacky
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby RavenKat » December 13th, 2005, 6:42 am

Hey cacky - I'm an old timer that is coming out of the woodwork to answer your question. :)

1. Yes, cutting back on shakes can have an effect on weight loss. Too little nurishment has the possibility to slow down your metabolism and your weight loss - so drink up!

2. 7 pounds the first week is GREAT! and 1 pound the next week makes an 8 pound loss in two weeks!!!!! Amazing!
I lost 8 pounds the first week then 3 the next then none the third. Your body needs to balance out what you are doing to it. There are some times when you can be better than perfect and still not lose. It's not often, but your body is doing its best. Just hang in there. :D

Hope that helps,

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

one pound

Postby Jan » December 13th, 2005, 8:23 pm

Hi Cacky,
Kat's got it right. If you skip meals you slow down your weight loss. Also I agree that an 8 pound loss in two weeks is terrific!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby cacky » December 14th, 2005, 9:34 am

Thanks for the info! Oh don't get me wrong...I'm VERY grateful for the 8lbs lost!! It was just a shock to only lose 1 lb last week. I've decided to just weigh once a month so that I don't get discouraged and dependent on the scale. I know I'm losing and my clothes are getting bigger! THAT's the most important thing!
11/28/05
183/175/140
cacky
Regular Member - #10 Club

The Scale

Postby Jan » December 14th, 2005, 10:40 am

I think it is a terrific idea to pack away that nasty ole scale and drag it out only once a month. It can be very very discouraging to follow program exactly and then not see the pounds reflected on that thing. There are many many really funny posts about the scale. One person was taking it to the "back forty" and shooting it!! I personally have had a couple of times when I wanted to throw it out the window!! :mrgreen: :x
Remember lots and lots of things can cause us to "gain a pound or two" -- these pounds dissappear just as quickly -- some are hormones, lack of sleep, the weather, and not enough water.
You are doing Great. I'll be watching for your posts.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » December 14th, 2005, 11:15 am

Cacky ~

Welcome to the weird world of weight loss! It sure seems like the pounds can pack on very quickly but s-l-o-w-l-y slide off the bod. Makes life interesting and gives us opportunities to practice patience!

Your experience is not unusual.

Kat, thanks for chiming in - appreciate you and Jan.

There are different web rooms and each has a description for the posts they ought to contain. Look Under "General Discussion" and you'll find 'The Weight Room' and 'Weight Loss' and others...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss