2nd week ..stand still?????

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

2nd week ..stand still?????

Postby krissss » April 20th, 2006, 6:28 am

Hey there MF pals,

Can someone tell me if this is normal.I have been on MF for 10 full days and the first 6 I saw a slow decline in weight every day,then on my 7th day it stoped.I have weighed the same for the last 4 mornings.
Is this common so early in the program.I thought for sure the first 2 weeks would show the most weight loss.Then maybe slow a little.

I am drinking tons of water and have not cheated at all.I am getting in all my meals and the only thing I can think that is a little different is a am getting my last replacement in around 8:30 pm .Maybe thats too late.

I hope I am not going to be the 1 person this diet doesn't work for correctly... :cry:

Any help hints or ideas? Or has anybody else gone through this and they seen a change????

Kriss
krissss
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » April 20th, 2006, 6:44 am

I had a similar experience around the same point. I didn't lose a pound for six straight days (and even gained one). On the seventh day, I lost three pounds, then two more the next day. I think I ended up losing a total of 10 pounds in the week following the plateau, and I've lost no less than six pounds in every week since that point (currently on week seven).

You'll get over it. I promise.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby ascicles » April 20th, 2006, 6:46 am

Here is a post I made around that point. I started losing again the next day...

ascicles wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrr. Today, a gained a half pound back. This is killing me!

Here is my past week...

Friday - 351.5
Saturday - 351.5
Sunday - 353.5
Monday - 351.5
Tuesday - 351.5
Wednesday - 350.5
Thursday - 351

Is it usual to have a plateau like this in only your 3rd week on the program...especially when you weigh as much as I do. I would think that it would be practically impossible to lose this little on only 800-1000 calories a day.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby krissss » April 20th, 2006, 6:49 am

glad to know that its not just me then....wow...DID you do anything different to start loosing again...or did you just keep doing the same thing everyday?

I wonder if I replace my l/g with a shake if that will help????

Thanks for your support buddy :D
Kriss
krissss

Postby krissss » April 20th, 2006, 6:58 am

I started working out hard at the the beginning of the year and lost like 9 lbs in the first 2 weeks and then it hit a stand still for the next 2 months ...I knew it was because I wasn't eating correctly ...Thats when I quit .Then I found medifast and thought this is perfect for me.Only 800-1000 per package .I can definatly do this.
I love MF.I am totally enjoying the program .
I just hope its not my body..not working right .

I am with you on that thing you said...
Its not possbile not to loose anything on 800-1000 a day. GEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ LOEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...lol

GRRRRRRRRR........

LOL

I am definatly not quitting ..no way ...no how!!!!!!!!

Come on scale gods...grant my wish!!!! :D
Kriss
krissss

Postby Trixie » April 20th, 2006, 7:24 am

Hang in there Kriss. I had the exact same thing happen to me! I lost 9.2 week one then only .8 in week two. I didn't change a thing, just kept eating within the Medifast guidelines. I'm 16 weeks in now and only a lb or so away from my half way point. I may not be losing as quickly as some, but I feel great and definitely more confident than 35 lbs ago!

Stick with the plan, it can't help but work!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 20th, 2006, 7:37 am

Kriss

You mentioned in your second post that you were working out before. Are you still? Medifast does suggest that if you were exercising before to cut it in half at first and then slowly build it back up. If you were not exercising before Medifast it is recommended that you wait 3 weeks before starting and then start lightly and build up from there. Too much exercise can slow your weight loss down because if you burn too many calories your body can go into starvation mode and try and hold on to weight.

Just a thought!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ascicles » April 20th, 2006, 8:05 am

krissss wrote:glad to know that its not just me then....wow...DID you do anything different to start loosing again...or did you just keep doing the same thing everyday?

I wonder if I replace my l/g with a shake if that will help????

Thanks for your support buddy :D
Kriss

Nope, I didn't change anything. I definitely wouldn't suggest changing a lean and green with a shake. Unless you are doing the 5+0 (and only if you are being supervised by a Doctor), then you should have you l&g every day.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby krissss » April 20th, 2006, 8:25 am

Nope... not exercising at all...except the basic cleaning the house and chasing the kids
stuff.I stop exercising about 3-4 before I even started MF. I am going to slowly incorrproate walking maybe after I finish week 3.

Lisa how did your 2nd week go???

Thanks Trixie...I am looking at the whole picture as well.I keep telling myself this 4th of July..will be so much better than last year.

Kriss
krissss

Postby krissss » April 20th, 2006, 8:27 am

stop exercising 3-4 weeks before MF.....Opps....typos :lol:
krissss

Postby BoPeep1 » April 20th, 2006, 8:42 am

I'm another one who stalled in the second week (last week). I think I was retaining water or something. I ended up with 2 pounds for the week and 2 more between the Sunday weigh-in and Tuesday.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby supermom » April 20th, 2006, 10:05 am

Hang in there and stay with the program. Drink lots of water and TRY not to worry about it. Everyone loses diferently. Just keep nourishing your body and before long your body will get used to the fact that you are going to be giving it lots of good nourishment and no more junk. Then, it will start to "let go" of the unwanted and no longer needed fat stores. Keep shakin!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby wildtrk » April 20th, 2006, 10:19 am

Okay....part of me is glad to see these posts. Today is the final day of Week 1. Went to the Dr. this morning and I am down 11.5 from my last visit a week ago.

Obviously I am pleased with week one and really not interested in hitting a flat spot so soon. Hopefully I will continue on for a few weeks before the first plateau.

Anyway...keep at it Kriss. Obviously if you are doing everything right the results will come.

326-314.5----------------------------------------------------------------<200
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » April 20th, 2006, 10:28 am

The good news for you, wild, is that men don't seem to have this issue as badly as we women do. Something about water retention, I suppose......
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby wildtrk » April 20th, 2006, 10:50 am

Great now...I've got that and the T*O*M thing going for me...

Probably a conversation that will never be heard between two men is one that concerns water retention. Unless there is a dam, dike, or levy involved in the conversation.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.