Got my 2nd order this week and can I just say...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Got my 2nd order this week and can I just say...

Postby lilgorg » June 14th, 2006, 3:00 pm

these chocolate mint bars are so off the chain, I cannot believe it! I'm enjoying one right now and i just had to come on here and state that. They truly do taste like Girl Scout thin mints like everyone told me! if u love the GS thin mints, then be sure to order these on ur next go round.

nothing more, i just had to state that on this crazy hump day! is it friday yet?!?! have a good one! :D

p.s. tonite is my weigh in day so maybe i'll have another post tonite, or at least a call to Dede :D
lilgorg
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Elke » June 14th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Well I may have to order them. Thanks for letting me know. So far I have not had a bar I didn't like. Good luck on your weigh in.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ktrout » June 14th, 2006, 5:41 pm

I just got a sample bar with my last order and my wife and I split it... yeah, I'll be ordering a case of those.

Did anyone notice that they changed the s'mores bars ? They're still good but I liked the old, denser bar better.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby falisamarie » June 14th, 2006, 6:25 pm

I just got some of these too and they are my new favorite!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jan » June 14th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Hmmmmmm, those chocolate mint bars are really really yummy. But, here's a little warning :? .... I did have a client who ate a whole box in one day...... had to take them away from her :mrgreen: They are really good!! :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » June 14th, 2006, 7:13 pm

I've ordered those and given the chocolate mint bars many chances many times, five years ago and three years ago, because I wanted to like them seeing how chocolate and mint are my FAVORITE two flavors together. I found them to be very thick and dry and hard to swallow unless I drank a ton of water with one. The taste was pretty good, but I hated the texture. I threw out what I had left, rather than try to choke them down. My question is: Have they changed the recipe since I gave up on them three years ago? If so, I'd like to try them again. Any opinions from those of you who have eaten them from at least three years ago? :?:

Joy :rose:
(hoping they've changed the recipe)
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Diana » June 14th, 2006, 8:36 pm

They're chewyish like a brownie with crispy toasted soy nuts thrown in. I like 'em cold. (Although I bet they're good warmed up!! Ala the thread on the oatmeal raisin bars.)

I generally down a bottle of water with whatever bar I'm having. But even when I'm not, the only bar I remember choking down was the S'mores bar.

Right now, I'm stuck on the lemon bars! I'll probably go back to the chocolate mint in the fall or winter time. Lemon just says "Summer" to me.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby VTGirlie » June 15th, 2006, 5:42 am

ooOOOOooo...

I left a lemon bar in my glove compt the other day and used it while out and about. It was warm and gooey and VERY yum!!!

I think Oatmeal Raisin are my faves tho...

:)
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lilgorg » June 15th, 2006, 9:48 am

Lemon bars?!?! OMG, i LOVE LOVE LOVE regular lemon bars (full fat, calories, sugars, and carbs :) ). i didn't even see a MF lemon bar! i'm going to need to add those to my next order. are they anything like the luna bar lemon bars? i used to love those back in my really heavy aerobic/gym rat days. =)

Lemon bars definitely do say summer! 8) But chocolate and mint say all twelve months of the year in my book.
lilgorg
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » June 15th, 2006, 10:37 am

lol lilgorg...that's cute. I agree Chocolate Mint says all year long!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » June 15th, 2006, 10:54 am

Diana wrote:They're chewyish like a brownie with crispy toasted soy nuts thrown in. I like 'em cold. (Although I bet they're good warmed up!! Ala the thread on the oatmeal raisin bars.)

I generally down a bottle of water with whatever bar I'm having. But even when I'm not, the only bar I remember choking down was the S'mores bar.

Right now, I'm stuck on the lemon bars! I'll probably go back to the chocolate mint in the fall or winter time. Lemon just says "Summer" to me.

Thanks for your input, Diana! I'll try them again in the Fall when the weather cools off. I don't order any coated bars during the hot months because they are always melted when I get them. I think it affects the taste (I have super-sonic tastebuds) and I prefer a fresh coating because the texture is better. I didn't care for the S'More bars either.....just so DRY and hard to get down. The Lemon IS good, but a tad too tart for me to have very often. Yeah, I'm a picky eater.....the stuff I eat has to be GREAT or I won't eat it at all.....that can work to my advantage though, if I use that to keep off the weight after I lose it all. But need to learn to eat the great-tasting stuff occasionally and in smaller portions. I'm glad that most of the MF products taste really good to me.....love the chocolate RTD's best...my dd's drink 'em too, even tho they aren't overweight....it's just a really good snack for them, so I buy extra.

Joy
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Joelie » June 17th, 2006, 8:26 am

OH! I have 2 boxes of the Thin Mint ;) bars on the truck and headed my way! Can't wait till they get here! :woohoo:
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Return to Come on in.