Weightloss Roulette

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Weightloss Roulette

Postby ponygirl » January 30th, 2006, 10:41 am

Well.... where to start? This time a year ago I was on the way to losing a lot of weight and looking so good. First time in years that I could feel good about wearing jeans and buying some new clothes - really enjoying my new-found self-esteem. Then (there's always a "then") I encountered one of those "tough life" issues that can really take you down if you dont watch it. Well, the short version is that I wasn't strong enough to make the right choices and I began to eat inappropriately again, using food as the emotional crutch that it's always been, and let all that good work slip away from me. Lately, I've tried to get back in the diet goove, the exercise groove and just cant seem to manage the food issue. It's not like I don't know how.. just can't put it into play right now. I'm now at the point that I can't trust myself to deal with food appropropriately right now and just need to go on a plan that does the dealing for me.. like this one. I've done Medifast successfully in the past and know it can work. Especially when you just dont feel strong enough to make the right food choices and need a break from it for a while. Sorta like resetting your engine. Medifast will give me the break I need from the confusion and allow me to re-install discipline back into the picture. I'll be making my first order on Friday.

For me, this is Medifast's best feature - it's convenience and taking the guesswork outta food choices and nutrition for a while. Sometimes you just need a trail of crumbs to follow outta the forest.

Thanks for the cyberspace! Pony.
ponygirl

Postby Dayna » January 30th, 2006, 11:02 am

Welcome, Ponygirl! Like you, I had to remove food from the equation. It's just one of those things - people who rely on drugs or alcohol (or most other things, really) as an emotional crutch have the option of removing the destructive behavior completely from their lives. We who use food as our crutch don't have that option. Because, well, ya know, you've got to eat something. In the past, it has seemed like trying to eat the way I know I should is like asking a binge drinker to try to keep it to just one or two drinks every day. YEAH, RIGHT!!

Medifast is the answer for me, and I hope that you find it's the answer for you, as well. This program allows us to start exerting our control over food, rather than the other way around. It lets us step back and identify problematic behaviors, and gives us time to adjust those behaviors. And, as an added bonus, it tastes really good. :D

We look forward to seeing you around the forum. Please keep us updated with how you're doing. And, if you have any questions, there are lots of smart, helpful veterans around here!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 30th, 2006, 11:04 am

Hi PonyGirl and welcome to the forum,
:wave:

Great example of one of the reasons Medifast is so effective.

Sounds like you've got a great attitude and should do well.
Keep us posted....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Jan » January 30th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Hi There, :D
Soon those extra pounds will be leaving. Plus we'll teach you how to keep them off so that they won't be coming to visit again. Lifes a learning experience and we are all learning.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » January 30th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Pony

This is your time to part with the weight for good. This is such a great program that you can't help but lose and once you do I know you will keep it off!

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Susynne » January 31st, 2006, 9:57 pm

Well said!

Welcome back to MediFast and the forum :D . I can't wait to hear your first loss post!, I know how exciting that is being new myself.

And yes, eliminate all the temptations and soon you will find they aren't temptations any longer!!!
Susynne
:rose: :rose: :rose:
Grateful starving artist........

Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room