Wedding Clothes An Inspiration

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Wedding Clothes An Inspiration

Postby mytime » November 4th, 2005, 10:01 pm

Well if I have to be honest my mind has been wandering. I am close to my 5th month on MF and my wt loss has slowed considerably - 2 pounds per week for as long as I can remember. I have been very blessed by some great suggestions - cut down on red meat, do full fast, cut out bars... But I am close to wanting something non MF and so I don't feel I can really take it to the next level if you will. But that of course does not stop me from whinning. At any rate tonight my husband and I had daycare for the first time in 6 months so of course I drag him out shopping for this uptight wedding we have to go to next weekend.

So we go to a nice store. I pick out about six outfits. Try on the first one and it looks GREAT. Now it is an XL - but this is not Lane Bryant and this was in like the regular part of the store. We bought the outfit and then went to Victorias Secret where I bought my third bra in about three or so weeks there. All very easy and NORMAL. No my crying hating everything I try on and basically feeling like a big pig. No promising I will start a diet tomorrow and next time look really hot. So I guess what I am trying to say is I thank MF, this site and each of you for giving me this moment. My resolve is renewed. While I am not sure what changes I will make to go to the next level, I can honestly say I am happy with where things are. So thank you and if it takes two pounds a week or God forbid less to get to the ultimate goal for me I am ok. If I am honest this is the closest I have ever been and this close feels wonderful. Here's to no hassle clothes shopping - Keep Shakin ! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ljm498 » November 5th, 2005, 4:22 am

Oh Mytime! I'm so with you on this! It's really great that you were able to find your motivation. Isn't it such a great feeling to be able to go to a store and shop in the "regular" sizes and have them look good!? It's great! That's certainly a great way to keep us going. I've been on this since March and also am having a harder time. My weight loss as slowed as well to about 2 lbs a week, if that. But, I've managed to change my mindset to, well as long as it's moving! I've accepted that I'm not going to have those big losses anymore as I get closer to goal. It's just the way it is. If I let that get to me, I won't be able to ditch this last 20 lbs, and that is not an option. I know it's hard to stay motivated. It really really is. But think of how much better off you will be in the end. Think of how healthy you'll be! And how good it will feel to fit into a much lower size! How much better you will feel just walking in public anywhere and not feeling self conscious and actually feeling CONFIDENT! You're doing a fabulous job and I know you will continue to do so. I know it seems hard, but keep on plugging away and you will get there! I know you can do it!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mytime » November 5th, 2005, 9:18 pm

Thank you Lynne - I really appreciate it. We will both make it !!!!! 2 pounds per week or less, one week at a time, b/c as a wise friend already posted MF is not for now it is a forever. Take care, good luck - thanks again !!! And Keep Shakin !!!! Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby MamaD » November 6th, 2005, 5:20 am

:lol: :lol:
Wow...mytime, what a great post. It is the little things that happen in this journey that must keep us motivated. Your post meant a lot to me... it is right where I am right now...

We both started at the same time.... only you hung in there and I did not... so...you are a big loser...and I ain't!! So.. reading post like this inspire me to keep going.

Just think...you went into the regular sizes and bought a regular xl...not and LB xl that we all know is a little bigger then they say. And the Vickie Victory??? Well everytime I walk in there with my daughters they look at me like.....surely you jest....until the realize that I am shopping for them ....not me....Mind you when I do get there I won't shop there... their attitude towards "people of weight" is terrible.

Keep up the good work. 2 pounds a week is nothing to balk at :smoke: :smoke: ...just keep doing it. :yay: :yay: You will not be able to achieve that much of a loss with any other weight plan!

thanks for the post!! :clapclap: :clapclap:
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby mytime » November 7th, 2005, 10:51 pm

Cee Cee - thank you - and we are BOTH going to be BIG LOSERS !!! The first time I went into VS - about 4 weeks ago I went at my moms insistance - I kept waiting for them to usher me out - what no fatties aloud in here. They are rude - but you know what ? The right bra makes a HUGE difference. You must get one - just go in and try them on and then buy it online so they don't get the sale ( I can be soo mean :D ). Take care and KEEP SHAKIN !!! Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby MamaD » November 9th, 2005, 4:46 am

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Mytime you crack me up!! "go online so they don't get the sale".....That sounds like me. We went in there and dropped over 100 bucks on underwear and they would not even let us use their restroom!!! go figure...

You are so right about the right bra. I don't know if you saw the Oprah show where they had the Bra Lady on from Atlanta... She is like this Bra guru,,,

Well we have a little boutique here in Augusta...and the lady that owns it trained under her. So, I have decided that when I loose 20 lbs I'll march myself in there. I took my daughter after her being misfit at VS and the lady kept looking at me.... and finally said..."What about you MOM???" and I had to tell her that I just left a mortgage payment in there with "the baby"...but I would be back. She will not let you buy a bra unless she fits you....then she keeps a card of it all. It is well worth the money!! In my current losing state....I don't want to buy a zillion mega bras before I get where I'm going ya know??

.....something else to look forward to~~
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby LilMsTexas » November 10th, 2005, 7:12 am

Hello ladies!!

I hope I'm allowed to come back in and give a pep talk from time to time. I know I'm not on the forum as much as the past, but I want you all to know I think of you DAILY!!

MYTIME and Lynne and everybody else....stay the course...it is soooooooooooooo worth it!! I'm telling myself this as much as you....In the past 2 months since Daddy died I have been up and down on my weight. I have 6lbs that comes and goes...and I'm STILL wanting to get down to 135 :? I've been doing alot of self talk the past couple of days to get myself in the right frame of mind to be 100% compliant again ;)

But let me tell you.......going into the stores and buying really cute clothes and ESPECIALLY cute panties and bras makes EVERYTHING WORTH IT!! :D The last few lbs (anything under 20) are the HARDEST to get rid of I swear :? But we simply MUST MUST MUST keep going!! Look back a year ago and see where you were?? I certainly know where I was a year ago...........unhealthy unhealthy unhealthy!!

Now on that note....I recently went to the doctor who told me to lose 15 more lbs!! :x This was a new doctor for me (military docs come and go) and he had noooooooo idea what I had accomplished this year...and although he was happy to hear about my weight loss, he was quick to point out that I was NOT at my "ideal body weight" and if I wanted him to keep me off of medication I would lose the last 15lbs before he sees me in 6 months! Good grief. I mean it's not like he told me anything I didn't already know...but I would like for ONCE in my life to go to the doctor and be told you look GREAT and everything is PERFECT and you don't need to do ANYTHING except maintain your GREATNESS!! hehe

Oh well....I must keep going...and so must all of you...straight on to GREATNESS!! I hope ALL of you are doing FANNNNNTABULOUS and have blessed holidays. I'm struggling with the thought of holidays this year without Daddy....but sitting outside looking up at the stars last night I promised myself I wouldn't allow my grief to be the reason to eat myself sick again....so wish me luck as I do all of you.

God Bless and bigggggggg Christi hugs!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room