NEED SOME INSPIRATION

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

NEED SOME INSPIRATION

Postby Lisa in NY » September 14th, 2005, 6:41 am

OK, I've been on MF since August 6, have lost 17 lbs. My weight loss went like this:

Week 1 - 8 lbs.
Week 2 - 5 lbs.
Week 3 - 2 lbs.
Week 4 - 1 lb.
Week 5 - 0
Week 6 - 1 lb.

I seem to be at a standstill and I didn't expect this so soon in the process. I have not given up, I'm just starting to lose faith in this program. I DO have a problem with the water, but I am working on that, and am striving to get at least the 64 oz. daily.
I take a low dose of an anti-depressant and I know this may have something to do with slow weight loss, but I know alot of other people taking the same anti-D and losing weight with no problem (so I can't use that as an excuse anymore!)

Don't kill me, but I have to ask this question: Does anyone ever go off the program for a day or two in order to "jump start" the weight loss again? I know that sounds a little crazy but I have heard of people doing this successfully on other plans and I might have even read it somewhere around here. I'm not planning to cheat, I'm just getting a little desperate....

I started back on my treadmill last night - did 20 mins., and plan to do that 3-4 times a week, I don't know if that will make a difference, but I'm hoping.

Someone PLEASE tell me this is going to work!! I've made it through several food obstacles (picnics, vacation, wedding shower, family dinners) and I don't intend to give up !
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Inspiration

Postby Jan » September 14th, 2005, 7:36 am

Hi Lisa,
I have a suggestion for you. Open the window, and heave the old nasty scale right out. It can be a big discourager!! :cry: Your weight will come off. I like to say your body is just readjusting and deciding where to part with the fat next :D
Going off program will mean that your body is going to take 3 days to once again start burning the fat. :x This program is a medical program and very different than a "diet" It most generally does not pay to fool around with it.
Now, I know this is going to sound very strange but rather than going off program try adding an extra shake. It is only 90 calories, perfectly balanced and may "jump start" you.
Drink, drink, drink, that water. That is very very important. Not drinking enough will stall weight loss. And, most importantly of all -- Don 't give up!!! I know for certain that giving up will not only stall your weight loss but increase the number of pounds with which you will then have to part. We all have temporary stalls. I left my scale in the closet for 3 weeks!! Then weighed and had a nice surprise. By the way I am now only 5 pounds from goal and have a very slow metabolism due to sleep apnea. So I know this works. Keep going
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby jentuke » September 14th, 2005, 7:37 am

Hi Lisa,

I started August 8, and your weightloss looks very much like mine. I'm trying to stay strong also and maintain my faith in the program. It WILL work, we just have to hang in there. I think I've seen other people write that there is often a plateau of sorts at weeks 3, 4, 6, and 7. I'm on week 6 now too, so you and I can hang in until week 8. I bet by then things will have picked up some steam again and we'll be glad we didn't go off program. Our bodies need to adjust to such a sudden and large weightloss and get used to the idea of giving up weight. Besides, I rather be losing very slowly than gaining. Plus, as of the end of week 5, I had lost almost 15 pounds!!! For me that is HUGE and makes me feel really good. I still have a ways to go, but for me that is quite an accomplishment.

--jen
jentuke
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » September 14th, 2005, 8:04 am

Check out this post about plateaus...

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-3169.html

Notice 24k is now in the 80# club...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby dlr2424 » September 14th, 2005, 8:35 am

Lisa...... :hug: ........I think many of us can empathize with you...... :scratch: .......however..........it is much better that the scale move very slowly in the down direction rather than steadily in the up direction....... :yes: .......FOCUS on how good your system feels...... :mrgreen: .....knowing you are eating healthy..... :D .....your body has great nutrition...... :bananadance: ........and eventually the weight will come off...............pray for patience as you may be losing inches right now and the weight will follow........ :water: ........it is extremly important though to get you water in...................and I totally agree with Jan...... :guzzle: ..........have an extra shake vs. going off plan for a day........ :coach: ......YOU CAN DO IT............and YOU ARE WORTH IT........ :x ......I know it is very frustrating at times.......we all want to see such rapid results........ :huh: .........but follow the plan 100% and you will reach whatever goal you set......... :yeah: ........for some.............like myself...... :huh: ......it takes a bit longer to lose than others...........but the wonderful thing is ..... :yes: .....your efforts will be rewarded.......... :secret: ......rekindle your FAITH in this program..............I GUARANTEE IT WORKS.............that is if we work it............ :goofyjump: .......and I believe you will ....... :bighug: .

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » September 14th, 2005, 9:37 am

THANK YOU !

You are all very INSPIRING !!!!!

I won't give up - I'm committed to sticking with this no matter what it takes.

It REALLY helps to hear from everyone though, at least I know this has happened to other people and they have prevailed. I'll listen to you "pros" from now on!

Lisa :mrgreen:
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 14th, 2005, 11:34 am

Nope, don't even entertain the idea of going off the program...it will happen. Give your body some time to do its thing!

When it is ready, it will begin sloughing off more weight.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » September 14th, 2005, 6:46 pm

Lord I wish my Mom was getting online and reading this forum. She started her program 3 weeks ago........well this is her 4th week I think........and she's lost 17 or 18lbs and she's getting discouraged :shock: Third week she lost 1lb and she's doing what we ALL do when we hit our 3rd or 4th week and have a slow down.......FREAK OUT :nutz: We can only say it again and again.......just stick with it.......all the magic is yet to happen 8)

Ya'll think I've been away......but really I've just been dealing with my Mother......... on a daily basis........ every morning on my way to work.......... to get her started on this program and keep her going and it's sucking the life out of me!! BUT......she is off of her insulin injections and her blood sugar levels are EXXXXXXXXXXXCELLENT!! Oh my gosh I'm so excited.

Sorry to deviate from topic..........but find all the exciting things that are going on with you and keep the faith........it WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL start up again!!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » September 14th, 2005, 9:48 pm

Yes, we all reach those periods of time when our body just won't mind us!

We cannot :whip: whip it into submission but we sure want to, don't we?

I am happy to hear about your Mom, Christi - if more people with diabetes would get with the program, many lives could be saved and the quality of their lives would improve tremendously.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mommy2girls » September 15th, 2005, 5:54 am

Lisa,

You are doing GREAT!!! DO NOT give up! :3head: You have to remember this too is a process. Just as you didn't gain weight overnight (well, okay sometimes it FEELS like we gain overnight...) and it won't disappear overnight. It is hard sticking to this but the feeling of empowerment when you do stick it out is amazing! :boing:

I've been on MF since April, and I'm moving right along. I even took more than a month (cumulative) OFF plan due to vacations, weddings, and the like. So my weight has been coming of slower than those who have stayed the course, but again, this is not a race to the finish. You will eventually get there, just trust and comply and you will have results!

YOU CAN DO THIS! :cheerleader:
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

hang in

Postby deecee » September 15th, 2005, 10:47 am

you're doing a great job. the pounds are coming off slowly but they're off. don't go off the program to jump start because you'll feel worse if that adds 3 or 4 pounds. i haven't posted in two weeks because i only lost 1# each week, but i'm down 4#s this week. you can do it. it's going to come off.
dee :yeah:
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
deecee
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2005, 12:26 pm

Deecee ~

Your story is a perfect weight loss example to others, too - often we have a few weeks with miserably low weight losses and then, ker-thud!

We drop a load! :lol:

The important thing is doing the right things day in and day out...read my May 2004 Newsletter about reaching your weight goal like the birds build a nest - we are doing this "small by small"...

here's a link to the Newsletter http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/medifast-may-newsletter.htm
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fedup » September 15th, 2005, 12:30 pm

17 pounds in 6 weeks is pretty darn good! It's hard to think of another diet plan where you could see those numbers... Especially when the patterns we all have usually show that if you have a couple slower weeks you probably have some bigger weeks coming soon... That water is critical critical critical for me. Keep chugging and shakin and you'll do great...
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Gwenski » September 15th, 2005, 2:40 pm

:bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball:
Don't give you scale so much power. How do you feel in your body, in your clothes and with the great choices you have been making? You are doing great.

Perhaps you could not weigh yourself every week and do it every other week? Also, I have a regualr scale and another one that does body fat too - as long as the numbers aren't going up it is a "GOOD THING!" Also, you can take monthly measurements of yourself to monitor it too - the pounds are not the only way to see how you are doing.

Your commitment to yourself and Medifast will show, like all things time is needed. After all Rome and weigh didn't appear in a few weeks - right?

Celebrate all the wonderfully positive things you are doing for you.

Pamper yourself and take extra special care of YOU because YOU ARE
making hugely difficult choices now and rejoice in them - the numbers are merely a way for your doctor and some of society to measure you. There are other more important things to do -- like posting here.

By they way, you CAN do this - really you can!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Bonnie » September 19th, 2005, 3:39 pm

Hi Lisa, I am not sure if you are on the 5 & 1 plan or the full fast. So I will tell you what works for both.

Full fast - go to the 5 & 1 plan twice in one week

5 & 1 plan - go to the full fast twice in one week

For some reason it takes you right out of the plateau. It has worked for other medifasters who have been on plateaus for a few weeks. I know of one person who lost 3lbs the first week of doing it. Try it and let us all know how it worked for you. We would love to hear.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room