My inspiration

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

My inspiration

Postby big ron » December 22nd, 2005, 10:57 am

I am a Motorcycle enthusiest "Biker". I have had a motorcycle since I was 6 or 7 years old. I currently have a Harley Davidson "fat boy" that it customised and all chromed out. This year I went to the Texas motorcycle ralley in Austin Texas and participated with thousands of other like minded people. In a ralley bikers parade the fairground on thier motorcycles and enjoy admiring the other bikes. Anyway I was "camped " on the parade rout with a few friends watching the parade go by when this family came by with thier sons. One son was in a wheelchair and was severely challenged. He never saw a ralley before but was obviously enjoying himself. They were pushing him all around the entire parade rout so he could see the bikes. They stopped and talked with us he really liked my bike and wanted to get close to see it. I asked him if he ever sat on a motorcycle before his dad said no so I picked him up and sat him on my bike I then had him start it and he was thrilled( my bike is loud) and he enjoyed it I then asked dad if I can give him a ride mom was nervous but agreed. I took him around the entire parade route and stopped at groups of people and introduced him and explaned that it was his first time. The other bikers were cheering him. When we finnally got back to our spot there was a cheering section for him and not a dry eye. He couldnt speak but his excitement was unmistakeable. I will remember that forever. Whenever I feel down I think of the challenges that boy has to face and does it with a smile and he gives me inspiration. You dont realize how much you may get in return by spreading a smile and a little good cheer. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
:bahhumbug:

this is the boy I am talking about
the two brothers the boy was getting help from his brother. The bike was running and he was revving the motor you can see the happiness
Thats me and the boy coming back after our ride his mom was taking a picture so thats where we were looking.
Last edited by big ron on December 22nd, 2005, 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 22nd, 2005, 12:35 pm

Great story Ron!

....and sometimes we think we've got it rough, huh?

Your pics haven't arrived yet? Did you doink on my email button?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby ljm498 » December 22nd, 2005, 1:18 pm

Wow Ron, thanks for sharing that story. That must have truly been something. It definitely puts perspective on things, that's for sure. He will remember that rally and you for the rest of his life.

Can't wait to see the pictures!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby huntersmom » December 22nd, 2005, 2:59 pm

Big Ron,

YOU ARE TOO COOL!!! That was really neat what you did. Thank God we have people that are understanding and compassionate to others. God will bless you greatly when you get to heaven.
huntersmom

Postby Nancy » December 22nd, 2005, 4:55 pm

Awesome CHRISTmas story – that’s what life is all about, isn’t it – sharing what we have with others, bringing delight and joy as often as we can.

Thank you, Big Ron! How precious of you to recognize this young man, to generously give of yourself and your time to give him such a thrilling moment. Your gift of yourself also surely encouraged his parents.

Thank you and kisskiss!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby big ron » December 22nd, 2005, 5:20 pm

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I was cleaning some files on my computer and found these pictures and felt like sharing with this group. I think there are allot of good people on this forum. We all have been tormented by people because of our weight and I think that makes us just a little bit softer. I am happy that you can share the joy that I felt that day. The part of the story I left out was on the way home that evening my wife and I were riding on the highway I35 about 75mph on the bike when someone passed us on our side of the road. the highway is divided with a concrete divider and he was on our side. We had an angel on our shoulder that night. Never pass up the chance to do something nice for someone for your paths may not cross again. :easyrider: Ron
Last edited by big ron on December 22nd, 2005, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby Nicki » December 25th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Big Ron - Thank you so much for sharing your heart-warming story ... what a perfect note to end Christmas day on for me!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby dlr2424 » January 7th, 2006, 11:21 am

Ron.... :D .....first off. :wavie: ..welcome...and secondly.....isn't it amazing how we are blessed when we give of ourselves....... :angel: ....I truly believe there are angels here on earth and that God works thru us to touch others lives... :yes: ...may your life be richly blessed for sharing God's love..........i'm sure that will be a day that boy and his family will forever remember...... :hug: ....

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby big ron » January 8th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Donna, you are so right, when you do something nice for someone you really are doing a better thing for yourself. I was moved by the love in that family. In one of the pictures you see the brother he was so good to his brother. :hug: :bighug: If we had more families and love :heart: like that in the world it would be a nicer place. Keep shakin Ron
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby Lauren » January 9th, 2006, 8:21 am

I loved that story. Sometimes the smallest gestures get the greatest results.

You're a good guy, Charlie Brown! :-)
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Carrie » January 11th, 2006, 6:26 am

Ron,
Ok, now ya got me all sniffly. We have a poker run here every year (Key West) and the bikers are one of my favorite crowds - they're usually a lot of fun and easy-going.

A cute 'bike' anecdote.....at the last poker run my cousins husband decided he wanted to participate - they live a few miles up the road. So picture this there's a veritable SEA of Harleys, with a few goldwings and crotch rockets tossed in for good measure, and here comes my cousin Pete on his dirt bike..........it was PRICELESS!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby big ron » January 12th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Carrie, That is cool. When we parade at some rallies people bring those new minibikes, its all good. I give him credit for doing it I might not have the guts.

I have read some of your old posts. I am happy you are back, not for you gaining weight, but for having the guts to get back on. I wish I didnt stay away so long from MF. I never had this forum before glad its here I look forward to your posts Ron :D :D :D
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby LilMsTexas » January 12th, 2006, 2:40 pm

I'm sorry Ron.........but I can't see anything in that picture except your HUMONGOUS HEART :heart:

You're AWESOME!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby big ron » January 12th, 2006, 5:46 pm

LilMsTexas wrote:I'm sorry Ron.........but I can't see anything in that picture except your HUMONGOUS HEART :heart:

You're AWESOME!

Thanks I think everyone on this forum are wonderful !!! :D I am more determined than ever for this to be my last major weightloss struggle. I cant express how much peer support helps me stay motivated. I am glad we all have each other
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby LilMsTexas » January 12th, 2006, 8:15 pm

Hey Ron........they have bike rallys in D.C. ;) The POW MIA rally is always so awesome........maybe you can think about that one sometime. D.C. is just a hop skip and a jump for me......and I'm much better at hop skipping and jumping these days lmao
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to Studio