vitamin info on Medifast labels

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

vitamin info on Medifast labels

Postby Guest » July 1st, 2006, 2:30 pm

When it says on the label that the vitamin percentage information is based on a 2,000 calorie diet, what does that mean?

For example, one packet of pudding has 20% drv of biotin. I have 5 packets a day. Does that mean I am getting 100% of my daily recommended value, or do I have to consider that the packets are only 550 calories total (not 2,000). I am confused! (I also want to figure out if I need to take supplements of some things.)

Postby supermom » July 1st, 2006, 4:33 pm

Personally, I choose to take vitamins. I take a daily women't pack. They come in all diferent formulations, I take the one for women on weight loss plans. I took my last pack this morning, or I would tell you what all the contents are. I buy them at Sam's Club, and need to go out there tomorrow to get more. Good luck with your plan!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jen » July 1st, 2006, 4:59 pm

I take a daily multivitamin, a fish oil capsule, calcium (my multi doesn't satisfy my daily requirement), and 1 tsp. of metamucil fiber in addition to my 5 and 1 plan.
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JKSRN » July 1st, 2006, 6:53 pm

I also take an essential vitamin supplement, and, just feel better knowing that I am getting my daily requirements from them, on my own. ;)
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Re: vitamin info on Medifast labels

Postby Arklahoma » July 2nd, 2006, 8:03 am

Guest wrote:When it says on the label that the vitamin percentage information is based on a 2,000 calorie diet, what does that mean?

I take it to mean that you're getting 20% of the RDI of biotin b/c vitamins and minerals do not contain calories; however, the percentages for macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs) are based on 2000 calories. Medifast states that a multi-vitamin is not necessary but my doctor requires me to take one along with a calcium supplement and a flaxseed oil capsule for essential fatty acids. Talk with your doctor to see what they think.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss