very interested in starting and purchasing medifast!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

very interested in starting and purchasing medifast!

Postby mznecci » January 1st, 2006, 9:13 am

:( I new to this whole program. I've seen it books and papers. I'm not a pill taker or an excerise buff. I'm 37 yrs old, mother of 1. she's 6 yrs old and so much energy. All I want is to be healthy for me 1st and her. she's all Iv'e got on this earth. where do I purchase medifast and how much is medifast? can I start out slow and work my way up? Since I'm a single mom, money is close ,not far away, but I will have to scarifice. I like all the encouragements gviven to new beginners. Iso impressed with nancy and terry contributions to helping. I live in Jacksonville,Fl and I need to lose the weight for also my job and other reasons. so could someone tell me where to start here in Jacksonville? or do I need to order from Internet? How do I use all of the smilies and make my own little person like the young lady that just came back?
mznecci
First Post

Postby Hyperion » January 1st, 2006, 9:37 am

Hehe mznecci, you're a full of questions one :D

I may not be of great help though; Nancy would be the best to answer your questions.

You can call her to the toll-free number if you want to order MediFast. I suggest you take a Starter Kit if you don't know too much about what you want as meals. Starter kits also offers more variety than before, which is good. As I am on full fast (no Lean&Green meal), I ordered each box of packets separately because I really like variety.

As for going slowly up, I guess the answer is... no. The secret of MediFast is like all proteined diet; ketosis. Ketosis is a state induced by the body which puts your organism to burn fat as primary source of energy. To acheive that, you must have the correct number of calories (which is 500-700 if I remember well), and while you have all the nutrients necessary in the packets, your body will go into starvation mode, then eventually it will shift into ketosis. To stay in that mode, you must follow the program. You can confirm that with Nancy, but I guess there is no way around that. :-P

I'm not a "smiley" guy, better ask all the girls in there, lol I'm sure they will be more than happy to tell you :D :D :D

Oh, and for your motivations to begin the program, I must really congratulate you. I am 21 years old, and I got a mother which really has a big weight problem (I would guess about 350-400 pounds). This fall, she had some legs problems and got into hospital where doctor told me it would not be the last of his problems.

The best gift you could give your little girl, even though she is too young to realize it, is the pleasure to give you enough time to see her grow up and get her own family, and be here at each step of her life. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, and it really pains me when I think that my mother will not see that if she doesn't change FAST! :?

Oh, and last thing; money is not much of an issue for me, so I can afford to choose all my meals separately. However, if it is for you a concern, I strongly suggest calling Nancy. She will do everything to get you all the discounts possible. Oh, and first starters have a 4-week variety pack with 1-week free, which brings the total to about 230$ for 4 weeks. It's only the first month though. However, a suggestion would be that at the second month, you order another 4-week package with 1-week free as another subscriber (deliver it to your mom's house or another place). Once again, you can call Nancy with that; I'm sure she will help you.

On that note, I hope you keep posting in there, I wanna hear back from you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2006, 2:09 pm

Hyperion, thank you for helping and encouraging mznecci.

I need to make a little correction here. Promotions are subject to change – and they do! The 4 week Variety Package contains 20 boxes of a wide variety of Medifast products and is currently selling for $275 for both Medifast 55 and Medifast 70 formulations. The MF 70 is for men, for active females or for people 65 years and older and the 4 Week Variety Package for Diabetics is $285, as the cost of ingredients for diabetic products cost more to manufacture.

Yep, yep, yep, we always do our very best to help people select the appropriate products to suit their needs.

We are independent Health Advisors for Take Shape For Life and the company bylaws require us to offer the products for the price set by the company.

Terry, Unca and I pay the very same price for our Medifast products as our customers pay.

We are not a wholesaler; we do not keep a stock of products on our garage or basement shelves and re-sell them to others. That could be icky-poo!

All of our products come directly from the FDA inspected manufacturing facility and distribution plant in Maryland and are then shipped directly to the consumer.

Re:
She will do everything to get you all the discounts possible

Hype, thank you Hunny!

You are so right we endeavor to run our business according to the Golden Rule; we treat each person as if they are our best friend and we treat them the way we want to be treated.

If people want to save money, the best way for them to do so is to let their Health Advisor sign them up for the BeSlim™ Club – our Auto Ship Club saves them 5% off their orders for the first three consecutive months they are on it, then 8% for months 4-5 & 6 and finally from the 7th month on,they save 12%.

So the first month, they get the extra free week of Medigrub and then sign upfor the Auto Ship and begin saving 5%, then 8%,and finally 12%.

Auto Ship has minimal rules: $75 minimum, company requires a two day notice to cancel or change the order. I personally feel it is in your best interest to mark your calendar or set up your Day Timer to remind you to make any changes to your Auto Ship order FIVE days in advance.

Changes need to be made by calling or emailing your Health Advisor or calling Take Shape for Life directly. Do NOT make changes online. TSFL will be revamping their ordering site this year and until they do so, it is best to make all changes via your Health Advisor or the Customer Call Center directly…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Hyperion » January 1st, 2006, 9:02 pm

Oh, the 230$ pack must be the promo I got from a site. If you need to have it, send me a PM and I'll get you the link.

It's only a 1-time though. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Return to Come on in.