Starting Medifast Next Week!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi Nick!

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 21st, 2005, 9:19 am

Hi,

I started MF about 12 days ago and and really a "big loser"! I am certain that you will be the same! Nick, the key to this program is to really learn as much about it as you can throught his forum and your health advisor. In addition, it is extremely important tha you make it through your first 3-5 days successfully without cheating. Buy yourself a food scale ($10-$20 at Walmart) this will be used to measure your "lean" for your lean and green. If you are just a tad over the 8oz mark, pull your cut of meat out and slice off a bit so it us under 8oz. Explore different ways to season your meats and prepare your veggies. It can be interesting all of the different methods that are available to prepare healthy foods. That taste great too, and I am certain that after a weekor so, your lean and green meal will make you feel quite full.

This forum was very helpful to me for my first 3 days in overcoming the urge to eat. Please seek advice from your health advisor or NANCY.

Good luck to you and I look forward to hearing your successes!

Cheers!
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nickinva » May 21st, 2005, 1:56 pm

Thanks for the support guys -- Eddie i think im going to stay with a full fast for at least the first two weeks, then maybe incorporate weekend lean and green meals.

I just checked the fedex tracking number and my package is in Alaska??? Its supposed to be coming from San Diego to Virginia; Not to mention it getting here tommorow. But i guess fedex has other plans, they picked it up from cali last tuesday, and its being shipped from alaska today...

Their estimated delivery date is May 26, which Im a little upset over. My last full medifast diet day was going to be the 4th of July, showing my family that i was dedicated to my health, but now its going to be just a bit after that. I guess ill look at the brightside, now I wont be tempted by all the 4th of July leftovers during my transition time :)
Nickinva
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 21st, 2005, 5:33 pm

Hey Nick.........where abouts in Virginia are you? There are quite a few of us in the Virginia and D.C. area. I think we should all get together sometime down the road and celebrate 8)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

newbie support -- hellatious headache!

Postby oregonrose » May 21st, 2005, 7:42 pm

hi. Good for you, Nick, my best to you. I am at the end of my second day-- only get migraines a couple of times a year-- tonite I got the aura and now a killer headache-- probably my body wondering what the heck is going on and where are our carbs! ha. very determiined to stick to it and see it thru. i know it will be better if I can get thru tomorrow. As for having just the shakes, i really think it will be easier for me not to eat anything at all-- worried i will eat a whole box of bars or something! glad you are all here to help. thanks, nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » May 21st, 2005, 10:12 pm

Hi, Oregonrose ~

Ooh, those headaches can be :twisted: killer all right - it ought to get better in a day or so - drink more water and have a pickle or some bouillon. Some people seem to get a doozy and then others have no symptoms.

Welome to you! If you are in the PDX area, I hope you have a snorkel and swim fins - the rain, thunder and lightening here in my area have been wild! I had to shut down 5 computers the other day due to the electrical storm.

Here's to no headaches and thinner thighs, eh?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.