Vacation

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Vacation

Postby AnneBee » June 3rd, 2007, 9:54 am

Hi everyone

I am at about 2 and 1/2 weeks into MF now and about 12 pounds down. I have and hoped someone could give me some suggestions. I am going on vacation with some of the girls I work with and it is one of the all inclusive resorts...I have been doing so good so far on the program and I will be tempted to delight in the cusine. Any suggestions as on how not to go backwards???

Thanks
AnneBee

Postby Mike » June 3rd, 2007, 10:35 am

Anne,
We have found that the easiest things to keep with you and have on the go are the shakes and bars (especially the ready to drinks - RTD's)
If you don't have these, since they aren't part of the variety package, you may want to order a case to have with you.
As for the food at the resort, try to avoid high carb food like the fruit, breads, pastas, rice, etc. Typically they will probably have a nice salad or mixed veggies and a variety of nice meats including chicken and beef.
Enjoy yourself, and keep the water with ya... a water bottle half empties is a great container for a shaker jar ( ;) )

Hope these tips help.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby AnneBee » June 3rd, 2007, 1:31 pm

Thank you. You have been so helpful. I never thought about the bottled water idea...great idea!

I do have shakes and bars and planned on carrying them with me. I just have to be strong!

Anne
AnneBee

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2007, 9:39 am

I intended to carry the shakes and bars with me on vacation but unfortunately I ran into a medical issue and had to go off. While on vacation I followed a low carb high protein plan and I continued to lose weight. When temptation is in your face remember the 12 pounds and why you decided to get healthy. You can do it.

Return to Come on in.