Going on Vacation ...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Going on Vacation ...

Postby TJStamper » March 30th, 2006, 10:08 am

Does anybody go off program a little bit on vacation? I only go on one vacation a year ... in May to the beach. I really want to be able to enjoy going out to dinner and maybe having breakfast (we do big breakfasts) a couple of days. I plan to bring my MF stuff with me and use it most of the time with the thought that it would be best to use my MF stuff for as much as possible and only go off program a few times. Are there any thoughts on this? Should I just go completely off or is it worth it for me to stay with my plan for the majority of the time ...

Thanks for listening (and answering)!

PS - I started two weeks ago and I have lost 8 pounds which is pretty good for me. I have 61 pounds to go! I thought I would lose more quickly but it's OK ... I like the way I feel on MF and I actually really love the shakes and food!
TJStamper

Vacation

Postby Jan » March 30th, 2006, 11:05 am

Hi There,
First let me say that a 8 pound loss in two weeks is terrific!!! That's 4 pounds a week which is a great weight loss. :D
Now as to the vacation. I would take your MF stuff along and use it as much as possible. It will help keep the caloric intake down a bit. When you get back you'll have to go through the first 3 adapting days again -- :? but if you use the MF as much as you can -- you won't have to start over weight wise.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Guest » March 30th, 2006, 11:57 am

Thanks for the advice and support Jan! My first three days weren't too bad the first time around so I'm thinking it won't be too bad going through it again. Luckily too I am very active on my vacation (beach time with my family including my two little boys and my nieces so plenty of chasing kids around and digging in the sand) so I'm hoping to not experience a gain. I'm glad to know I can sort of "plan to cheat" to enjoy myself a little bit on my vacation! I think it's better to plan for it than to just wing it.

Thanks again!

Postby ascicles » March 30th, 2006, 3:00 pm

This is the same sort of thing that I was mentioning in the "holiday" thread. I know that it isn't perfect, but I'll probably try to bring plenty of hot cocoa, bars, and shakes to have while I'm gone.

Let me ask a hypothetical question. Without telling me what I should do while on vacation, should I continue to eat some medifast meals while not staying on the plan 100%, or should I not use any of the products at all if I am not actually on the plan?
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 30th, 2006, 7:04 pm

Personally I thankfully am not planning to travel at all while on program other than Maybe to GA to visit my sister but I will say if I go I will take Medifast for all my meals and just have my lean and green.

I would think that the best way to do this is to stay on program as much as possible and when it is not possible to have a MF meal I would stick to the allowed food and portions in the Quick Start guide. I mean if you have to eat out have approved veggies and the right portions of the correct meat. I know I won't be real popular for this one but stay away from the alcholic beverages opt for a diet coke instead.

This is our health we are talking about and I think that you could use your time away to practice healthy eating habits learned while on program.

Just MHO

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » March 31st, 2006, 2:01 pm

I am healthier for being on the MF Program but on my vacation I was to plan to enjoy some non MF friendly "indulgences". I take one vacation a year and I believe I deserve some flexibility. If I took a lot of vacations I wouldn't "plan" to go off plan but to me this is a special time with my family and I just want to relax a little. I plan to use MF during the day and then L&G at night with maybe a bite of dessert ... I also plan to enjoy breakfast at least once (my Sis in law makes the BEST biscuits and gravy). Since I am satisfied with less these days anyway I think a bite or two will do!

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 1st, 2006, 6:06 pm

It is a personal choice. I travel 260+ days per year for work. My L & G is usually at a restaurant, and I stay 100% compliant to the program. Yes, I demand a fridge in my hotel room, yes, I run down to the micro when I want soup or an oatmeal. I'm living proof that it CAN be done if you choose to stick to the program. Up to you.

I have heard people switch more to an atkins-type way of eating while on vacation, to not get out of ketosis, but I'd be worried about having gastrointestinal problems on vacation.

That's my two cents. Have a GREAT time!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lauradr » April 1st, 2006, 8:18 pm

dede, I'm with you I'm on the road just like you and it can be done .
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Weight Loss