Better vacation because of MF

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Better vacation because of MF

Postby LAwoman » July 19th, 2005, 10:57 pm

Hello my fellow-MFers!!!

Well, I began this MF journey on March 1, 2005 at 230 lbs. After 4 1/2 months, or as of July 18, 2005 to be exact, I'm at 168 lbs.

yep, that's right, 62 pounds lost sticking to the MF plan for 20 weeks!
ooooohhh, new club, 60 pounds please :lol:

Now I'm off for a vacation and have chosen not to follow the MF plan. I absolutely believe this is an all or nothing plan, at least for me it is. Don't get me wrong, I had my days where I needed that extra coffee with cream, or extra broccoli, pickle, or celery w/ salsa. And I did take those 4-fun-filled-days off back in May when the best friend came to town. But all-in-all, I adhered to the MF plan the way it was designed, 'cause a really smart birdie told me, "if you work the plan, the plan works." And you know what? it's true.

My only really bummer is that if I had reached 164 before heading off to travel I would be at the high-end of "healthy" weight and BMI-charts. But that's okay, 'cause those extra pounds, as well as several more are leaving when I get back.

My vacation plan is to eat what I want in moderation and try to maintain my weight in the 160's. I will also exercise a ton, probably more than I do with MF since I'll have more calories and I miss the hard-core exercise, but feel too weak to do when MFing.

Soooooooooooooo, I'll be back in a few weeks, sometime in August, ready to go full force to meet my goal. I'll HONESTLY let you know where the scales rest when I return and then it's back to MF for the final goal.

Part of the reason I feel confident to return and complete and maintain my weight loss is because so many of you have shared your stories of ups, downs, and successes.

Since I started MF, I've watched "shrinkinglady" and 24K take their vacations and return to MF full force to complete their weightloss goals. I've seen our lilmisstexas go through quite the ordeal lately and get through it with humor and support for others while almost reaching her goal (which I know I'll see her at when I return.) I've seen the Donnas stick with it through plateaus and bumps to almost reach, reach, and then exceed their goals. I've seen a lot of people on these boards over the last 4+ months. I don't know the success rate of all of them, but I do see the success of many, too many to name, and those are the people who inspire me to keep going. THANKYOU!

NANCY, and all the wonderful people involved with MMT, thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me get closer to my goal, feel and look better, be more confident, and maintain my health.

Hope you're all having a wonderful summer. I look forward to seeing less of each of you when I return.

almost,
thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Mommy2girls » July 20th, 2005, 7:53 am

First of all, CONGRATS on the 60 club. That is absolutely fantastic!

I think your plan sounds good and solid and a "test" of the maintenance plan. I think you have the right attitude of taking a break and then buckling down and on towards goal.

I think when we post about the reality of taking a break, we help others who will eventually have to either take a break or go to maintenance.

Have fun, enjoy your new thin self and update us when you get back!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 20th, 2005, 10:03 am

Sounds like a perfect plan to me! I know that you are motivated and that you will be able to enjoy yourself without too much damage, and able to come back to it when you get home. So have a perfectly wonderful time, and we'll see ya when you get back!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby fatfree » July 20th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Congrats on the 60 pounds lost! Have a GREAT vacation and we will see you back relaxed and ready to go agian!!
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » July 20th, 2005, 8:57 pm

CONGRATULATIONS on the 60# club..(me too :D ) so howdy partner :D you are truely an inspiration the way you have stayed the course.. and in 4 1/2 months too.. That's GREAT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .. Have a great vacation and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mytime » July 20th, 2005, 9:04 pm

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! 60 pound club is sooo amazing !!!! Have a great vacation - we will miss you ! Look forward to seeing you in August. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby dlr2424 » July 21st, 2005, 5:38 pm

Soon to be Thinnie in LA.......... :mrgreen: ............have yourself a wonderful vacation...... :partytime: ........and when you return we will all be here ready to continue cheering you on........... :whoohoo: ........

Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room