going on vacation

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

going on vacation

Postby 2BHealthy » June 30th, 2006, 8:01 am

Well, I leave on Sunday for Disney World and then on to Savannah GA. I'm taking a cooking class with Paula Deen from the food network!! :D I scheduled that class before MF :roll: Anyway, I'm taking all my MF stuff with me but would appreciate any tips! we are traveling in an RV with a mother in law and 4 kids so it will be a little hectic.
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 30th, 2006, 10:35 am

I just wanna say OMG I Looovve Paula Dean.. even thought I have banned myself from watching her show LOL

Have fun!
When I traveled last week I mised my shakes up in water bottles and stuff them in the cooler. Worked like a charm!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alpha femme » June 30th, 2006, 11:35 am

isn't paula dean the one who would put butter on butter?

i seem to recall a snickers burrito on one show.

she scares me... :roll:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Janae » June 30th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Linda...

Have fun!!! I like watching Paula Dean's show...I think I mainly like listening to her accent and the "southern cooking" on her show. True, Alex, she doesn't always cook the healthiest....but some of her salads and veggies and meat dishes look pretty healthy and very delicious!

I have always wanted fo visit her restaurant in Savannah...I understand you must go hours before meal time to put your name in to get a table. I love the feel and "flavor" of that downtown Old Savannah district. Paula also has quite a personal story. Be sure and tell us how it goes.

I don't have much travel experience with MF yet, so I can't help much there. Be safe.
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi,

Postby dede4wd » June 30th, 2006, 8:04 pm

I'm the travel queen, ask me anything you need to!

Here's a few tips...put your envelopes in ziplock bags in case anything gets opened up.

Did you get any RTD's, they're the BEST on the road? If not, make your shakes in water bottles. I have a little cooler that looks like a purse I got at Target.

Ask for a room with a fridge and a micro. Most hotels will accomodate you! If not...some have a micro downstars and you can keep everything iced down.

ASK me ANYTHING you need to!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room