UPDATE on Cruisin' Poll -- East or West Coast, Any more?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

UPDATE on Cruisin' Poll -- East or West Coast, Any more?

Postby mellowmom » August 6th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Seeing as this board pretty much covers the entire US... Do you want to depart from East or West Coast? Or does it matter?
Last edited by mellowmom on August 7th, 2006, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby DogMa » August 7th, 2006, 11:46 am

I voted South. The closer to me, the less time I'd need to take off and the more likely I could actually go.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

More Cruisin Info

Postby mellowmom » August 7th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Okay... I'm doing some research on this now and it looks like in order to qualify for a "group rate" we need to book at least 8 cabins. With 20 people saying they want to go, (so far) I think we can book at least the 8, but based on Departure ports, we may have to split it up into two different cruises. One for the South/Eastern group and one for the "Westies"...

Any more people out there want to do this? Please state your preferences in the opinion polls. We're not asking for an absolute committment at this time, just an idea of how many people might be going.

Don't mean to be pushy, but most of the cruiselines are well into taking reservations for the 2007 season. If we want to do this for next year, we need to get an approximate head count as soon as possible in order to find out if this is "doable" or not.

Thanks,

Susie Cruise Director
aka Carmel ;)
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom

Postby Arklahoma » August 9th, 2006, 7:33 am

Thanks for doing the research. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to go but it depends on date, location, cost, etc. Put my name in the hat for a definite "maybe". Could probably depart from any location but would be easier if it were east or south.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Aerie » August 9th, 2006, 8:02 am

East South for me too. Though I'm flexible.

One strong opinion I have though is which cruise line. Royal Carribean is my strong preference. Slightly older croud,not a lot of college kids, but still young enough to have fun (30s-40-50s), nicer amenities, many new boats. Brilliance, Jewel or Splendor are all gorgeous and have lots to offer.
They also have excellent cuisine :mrgreen:
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alpha femme » August 9th, 2006, 8:46 am

i'll be honest, i voted to depart from the west, but the caribbean cruises are SO much better. it would probably make sense to embark in the texas area, because it is the most central for all-- and because the experience would be more enjoyable. there isn't a lot to do on the mexico cruises-- no snorkeling, no diving.... you can shop. you can stay on the ship. that's about it.

in the caribbean, there are a ton of great places to see, lots of things to do, and it's beautiful. having been to ensenada many times, i've got to say that Mexico... well, not so much. maybe it's just because everyone who lives in so cal is immune to the charm? nah.

i would also like to suggest easycruise. some of you may not like the idea at first, because there are no amenities-- it's like a floating hotel room... but hear me out! easycruise is CHEAP. they spend the entire day in port-- so we can enjoy the stuff that really matters. they pull out around 1am and when you wake up the next morning, there is a new island to enjoy. you do have to go down and meet them at one of their stops (they ust keep going from port to port on a set schedule), but this also give flexibility to people who can't go for the whole time.

now, we are all getting in better shape. we are all capable of doing a heck of a lot more. we can do more walking, more playing, more aventure! we are not going to be eating like rock stars, so the lack of cuisine shouldn't bother us.

i ust wanted to put this out there as an option, because a lot of people don't know about it. i, for one, would rather explore 7 islands in 7 days, rather than 4 islands and a ship.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Return to What's Shakin'