A TWO WEEK NEWBIE HERE.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

A TWO WEEK NEWBIE HERE.

Postby 1CENT » March 23rd, 2004, 8:18 am

I BEGAN MEDIFAST TWO WEEKS AGO YESTERDAY...SINCE THAT TIME, I HAVE DONE MUCH REFLECTIVE THINKING. IF THERE IS ONE THING I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, IT WOULD BE THIS: I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT
"FOOD IS THE one THING i CAN CONTROL; THEREFORE, I will not CONTROL IT".

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE? IN THE PAST, I FELT I CAN not CONTROL THE WEATHER, OTHERS MOODS AND PERSONALITIES, HECTIC SCHEDULES THAT MUST BE KEPT, ETC., but I COULD CONTROL WHAT I PUT IN MY MOUTH; THEREFORE, I did not CONTROL IT. I ATE FOR PLEASURE, I ATE FOR EMOTIONAL REASONS, I ATE BECAUSE OF A REALLY STRESSFUL, BAD DAY. WHATEVER, I JUST ATE. FOOD WAS UNLIMITED TO ME, THEREFORE, I SET NO BOUNDRIES, NO LIMITS, AND IT HAS TAKEN IT'S TOLL..NOT ONLY HAVE I PUT ON MORE WEIGHT IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS THAN I EVER HAVE IN MY LIFE, BUT AT MY LAST CHECKUP MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS HIGH FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE AND MY CHOLESTROL (THE BAD GUY) IS TOTALLY OUT OF RANGE FOR MY AGE. THE DOCTOR SAID, "I'LL GIVE YOU TWO MONTHS TO GET THIS BACK WITHIN RANGE, OR I WILL PUT YOU ON MEDIACATIONS".

WELL, THAT KICK-STARTED MY BUTT!! I HAVE 2 SMALL BEATIFUL, WONDERFUL CHILDERN AND A WONDERFUL HUSBAND GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH, AND I HAVE TO BE HERE FOR THEM AND HOPEFULLY BE THE HEALTHIEST I CAN BE WHILE I AM!!

WHEN WE ALL STOP TO DO REFLECTIVE THINKING, I'LL BET WE ALL HAVE SOME TYPE OF "CRUTCH" TO LEAN ON, AND WITH US MEDIFASTERS (IN THE PAST) IT WAS FOOD.

IT IS MORE THAN HIGH TIME TO PUT FOOD IN IT'S PROPER PERSPECTIVE: IN THE BEGINNING, I'LL BET GOD GAVE FOOD ONLY AS FUEL, NOURISHMENT TO THE BODY. BUT then THAT 'OLE TEMPTATION REARED IT'S HEAD.....DON'T EAT THAT APPLE! EVER THINK ABOUT IT BEING food THAT WAS THE TEMPTATION FROM THE VERY BEGINNING?? IT'S NOT THAT THAT APPLE WAS WANTED FOR NOURISHMENT OR EVEN BECAUSE EVE WAS HUNGRY....IT WAS THAT SHE WAS TOLD not TO EAT IT! SHE DIDN'T NEED IT, HAD EVERYTHING SHE NEEDED AND EVERYTHING HER BODY REQUIRED, IT WAS JUST THAT SHE wanted IT.

SO, LET'S TRY TELLING OURSELVES THIS ON A REALLY BAD DAY.....IT is not THAT I WANT SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT I AM PROVIDING MY BODY (MEDIFAST, 100% NOURISHMENT), IT IS THAT I think I WANT IT BECAUSE I TOLD MYSELF I could not HAVE IT.....LET'S SAY, "I CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE SO & SO, BECAUSE I HAVE ALL MY BODY NEEDS AT THIS POINT"..."IN THE FUTURE, I CAN PERHAPS HAVE THIS OR THAT if and when I HAVE LEARNED THE PROPER WAY TO EAT IT".....

THE LORD GIVITH, AND THE LORD TAKETH AWAY.....IF YOU ABUSE IT, YOU LOOSE IT..... I HAVE ABUSED FOOD FOR SO LONG, FOR A WHILE I HAVE LOST IT.
1CENT

Postby Starloser63 » March 23rd, 2004, 8:29 am

Welcome to the board 1cent. Can we get a name or do you just want to be known as 1cent.

You have been on 2 weeks! that's great how has the weight loss been? You've made it through the tough days! Glad your posting now. Keep doing that this board is great support.

I learned the hard way about my diet plan and now I am after 100% now. I want the weight gone as fast as possible and the only way that is going to happen is to be true to the plan. I am now leaning on Jesus for my strength and I will no longer turn to food.

Welcome and enjoy the journey with the rest of us
Susan
weight change 246/226/150
have to change my signature ;)
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

A TWO WEEK NEWBIE HERE.

Postby 1CENT » March 23rd, 2004, 8:41 am

HI, SUSAN..
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. AS I WAS WRITING THIS, I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WOULD READ or REPLY...THIS IS GREAT! I NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET.

MY NAME IS PENNY, SO PENNY OR 1CENT IS FINE WITH ME. I HAVE BEEN READING FROM THIS FORUM SINCE I STARTED MY DIET, AND IT'S A TRUE INSPIRATION TO ME!

SO FAR, I HAVE LOST 11 LBS., AND TO ME, THAT IS TERRRRIFIC!! BUT, I HAVE TO KEEP TELLING MYSELF OVER AND OVER THE THINGS I POSTED IN MY MESSAGE.
1CENT
1CENT

Postby Starloser63 » March 23rd, 2004, 8:45 am

Penny (1cent) I get it Very cute!

Glad your posting! 11 pounds is great! Are you doing complete or the 5 and 1 plan?

Hugs,
Susan
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 1CENT » March 23rd, 2004, 8:55 am

HI SUSAN,

I DO THE FULL FAST MONDAY - THURSDAY, THEN FRIDAY-SUNDAY, THE MODIFIED (4 SHAKES, SALAD W/CHICKEN).

I DRINK ABOUT 70 OZ. OF WATER every day! I REALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT IS HELPING TO "FLUSH" THE TOXINS OUT OF MY BODY. A REALLY PLUS SIDE TO THE MEDIFAST, IS THAT I NO LONGER SUFFER FROM STOMACH CRAMPS AND PAINS.. I HAD HELICOBACTER POLORI (WHERE do THEY GET THESE NAMES?), AND GALLBLADDER REMOVAL A FEW MONTHS BACK, AND MY STOMACH HURT ALL THE TIME.....BUT no PAINS WITH THIS....THAT TELLS ME RIGHT THERE THAT THE JUNK I WAS PUTTING INTO MY SYSTEM WAS NOT ONLY HARMFUL, BUT hurtful TO ME...
1CENT
1CENT

Postby TamiL » March 23rd, 2004, 9:02 am

Hi Penny and welcome to the forum...glad you posted!! I really enjoyed your post. I have written in the past that I often felt OUT OF CONTROL when my food was not in CONTROL...its the only things in this world that I can control...is what I choose to put into my body..thats it!! and when that is out of WHACK...my whole life seems to be!! I learned that I have abused food for most of my life...so now I think of food as FUEL only...I have abused and endulged myself enuf in this lifetime to enjoy food for the taste, for the texture...for all sorts of reasons!! I ate to please, to forget. to numb myself. Now I use Medifast to FEUL my body and drink so much water that I am peeing constantly..but everytime I pee I think of it as a "cleansing" hahahaha!! its great...its as if my body is day by day getting cleansed...and every day Im a day closer to my goals!!

Its great to have you here with us!! keep posting...and keep shakin!!!
your doing great!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Re: A TWO WEEK NEWBIE HERE.

Postby explorthis » March 23rd, 2004, 9:03 am

1CENT wrote:MY NAME IS PENNY, SO PENNY OR 1CENT IS FINE WITH ME

Penny.. WELCOME!!!! I love the "1 cent" nick-name.

You have come to the right place. Take it from the old guy, the one that has seen the miracle of Medifast - look no further, you have found the "cents" to come here.

Be faithful, regale us with your "penny thoughts" (sorry - can't resist a little levity) and you will find us a very receptive and fun group of losers!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 23rd, 2004, 11:20 am

Welcome, Penny!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby kdluster » March 23rd, 2004, 12:13 pm

Penny

Welcome Welcome Welcome! You have found the best place to be!
Karen
February 17, 2004
246/187/165
kdluster
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Landylue » March 23rd, 2004, 12:27 pm

So very glad you've joined the group, Penny.

I hadn't realised how controled I was by food until during the first three weeks of my fast, I felt absolutely like an addict without his stash. I still have to turn away from TV commercials that focus on food. At times, it's almost painful to watch them!

Anyway, we both came to the right place.

Keep in touch.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Carrie » March 23rd, 2004, 1:23 pm

Hi Penny!

I totally understand what you mean by your control issues with food. I know for me it's a 'retaliation and rebellion' against life in general. i.e. I didn't get the job? FINE! Then I'll just go have a banana split and a hot fudge sundae. It's been my way of pampering, pitying, congratulating, soothing, rewarding, etc myself.

There's another topic under 'The weight Room' called 'I'm a Sneak', take a look at it, it tiggered a lot of childhood memories for several of us, and was an eye-opener.

Best of luck Penny,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.