Newbie here-Just finished week 1, with a whole lot to go

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie here-Just finished week 1, with a whole lot to go

Postby sweetbutsavvy » July 30th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Hello, My name is Lisa, I just turned 43 last week and started this program on Sunday. I've tried so many things over the past year or so and nothings worked and I'm already seeing results with MF, but figure that it's just water weight. I need to lose around 200 pounds for health reasons and am feeling pretty good about starting MF, but at the same time am feeling anxious about the prospect of being on it for so long. Does anyone know what 6/0 is? I went to see a MF physician and he was going to put me on strictly MF, but that was with his supervision and I couldn't afford to pay for the visits myself and my insurance wouldn't cover it. Anyway, hope everyone is having a good weekend and hangin in there!

Lisa
sweetbutsavvy

Postby Janae » July 30th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Lisa-

Welcome!!! You have found a great place for help and support....I look forward to seeing you lose with all of the gang!!

6-0 means 6 medifast meals per day, without any other meal. That is the program that is supposed to be doctor supervised.

The 5-1 is 5 MF meals and one Lean and Green meal...as described in your Quick Start Guide. Many here are on the 5-1 plan, although there are some who are on the 6-0.

I have read many times that the weight loss difference between the two plans is not that different and for me personally, I enjoy the opportunity to eat regular food for one meal per day. It gives me a chance to eat with others more "comfortably" in social settings as well as giving me the experience of choosing the right foods in the right portions-for later!

I wish all the best...and ask any questions you may have. You will find many people to help and to support you along the journey!

Blessings-
Janae
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sojourner » July 30th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Welcome Lisa!

Lucky for you that you found this website--the people here ROCK! I'm a newbie too, having just completed my third week on the program. I already feel like one of the "family" and have received SO much support and guidance in this short time.

I do the 5/1 for the same reasons that Janae mentioned, though I really like the MF meals (especially the Apple Cinn Oatmeal, Swiss Mocha shakes, and the Fruit and Nut Bars--those are my faves). Oh yeah, and the Cappacino and the Chili and the Red Pepper Dressing and...LOL!

I wish you all the best as we SHAKE our way to Thinville!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby GucciGoo » July 30th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Welcome!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Elke » July 30th, 2006, 4:37 pm

WELCOME Lisa, nice to have you join us.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jan » July 30th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Hi Lisa,
I personally have had people do both programs. The 6/0 with their Dr. watching over them and the 5/1. I really haven't seen a big difference in weight loss. People who use the 6/0 program are generally those who have real food issues. :? They are not generally trustworthy with food. :cry: Seven oz soon slips to 8 and then on it goes. So, when they use only MF foods they are better able to limit themselves. My best advice for you would to be very very compliant on program. Weigh and measure your lean and green and don't fall prey to the temptation to "just add a bit". Read the quick start booklet and follow it exactly. That way you know you are parting with the pounds in the safest and quickest way for your body. Also be sure and drink alllll your water. That is really important and not doing so can lessen your losses.
Keep posting and let us help you. I've also found that those who use this forum generally do much better and reach their goal. I'll be looking for you. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby MARIE » July 30th, 2006, 8:28 pm

:bravo:
for starting MediFast!

I am quite new also, and you will love this forum...it's great to be on this journey together!

Stick to the old adage, "one day at a time", and you will see the pounds melt away.

WELCOME and :goodluck:

Marie :bananadance: :coolnana:
MARIE
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » July 30th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Welcome, Lisa!! I was the same age when I started just over a year ago. I didn't think I'd last the whole month, to be honest. I thought the food would be awful and I'd get bored and give up. But as a lifelong dieter, nothing else was working anymore so I thought I'd give it a try.

Frankly, I was not a fan of most of the foods at first. I hated the shakes, and I hated how sweet everything tasted. But I found a few products I could tolerate, and then I learned ways to prepare them so I actually LIKED them. Lo and behold, I saw results the first week - more than I'd seen on anything else in years. So I decided to stick it out a little longer, convinced that it was just water and that I'd stop losing after another week or so.

Well, here I am more than a year later. Yes, it's taken me FOREVER to lose the weight, but the important thing is that I HAVE lost it. And am still losing it even after all this time. (And I eat far more of the products now. My tastes have definitely changed. I don't think I've mentioned it before, but lately I've even been having a few of the packet-type shakes instead of just the Ready to Drink kind. I don't love 'em, but at least they don't disgust me anymore.)

Believe me, if I can do it - and stick with it this long - so can you. We're all here to help you, so please feel free to post any questions you have along the way. And I think I speak for everyone here when I say you should also feel free to PM or e-mail anyone on here. Just use the links at the bottom of our posts.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jan » July 30th, 2006, 9:11 pm

Oh my goooodness. My eyes must be failing me....I just thought I read that my friend Dogma is having a few of the shakes you mix yourself. Of course if my memory is correct ...hmmmmm... I think something happened with the "detested" oatmeal too... I think awhile back I even saw perhaps a case of it headed her way.
She's doing soooo great and I'm sooo happy for her :D :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 30th, 2006, 9:23 pm

:lol: The oatmeal was different. I didn't hate Medifast's oatmeal, I just hated oatmeal in general. But yeah, I'm drinking one every couple of days. Go figure.

I don't think I'll ever ORDER any more of 'em. But I want to at least get through the ones I have already. At least the smell isn't making me gag anymore.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » July 31st, 2006, 7:51 am

I'm one of the 6/0 people that have MD supervision, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am NOT trustworthy with food and I need the strict structure to lose the weight. I know that I will have to deal with my food issues at the end, but I just want to get the weight off first.

About a month ago, I switched jobs and everyone threw a party at work. Because it was so emotional, I caved and participated ~ Bad idea!!! I've been on and off the plan sooo many times in the past month that I can't even count them all. Before this incident, I had not had any cheats and then I totally became flustered and floundered. For me, the 5/1 plan would be a true struggle so I'm doing what's best for me.

If you can do the 5/1, I highly recommend it b/c it's not quite as radical and it does allow eating in a structured environment.

Best of luck to you and Happy Losing!!!
Arklahoma

Postby JKSRN » July 31st, 2006, 10:18 am

Hi Lisa, I just wanted to say welcome to the forum. You will get all the support you need right here, also great ideas, and your questions answered. It's a friendly place, for sure!!! Much success on your weight loss journey! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 31st, 2006, 5:50 pm

Hi Lisa,
I just wanted to add my welcome!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.