FINISHED WEEK ONE

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

FINISHED WEEK ONE

Postby dee » September 16th, 2004, 5:24 am

Hi everyone,
Well I did it. I finished the first week on the program. :D I was going to post after the first day, then I thought I'll wait til I finish day 3. Then it was let's wait til the first week. So here it is. day 8 and I LOST 10#. WOOHOO.
I've got to tell you, I was really scared. I didn't know if I could do this, but it's not as bad as I thought. Day 1 was bad, day 2 was worse, :x but day three the hunger went away and then it was clear sailing. :D
I've been lurking all week and have to tell you everyone here is an inspiration.
I have to tell you what else helped me. After the second day I had a dream. I was dreaming I was holding a french bread pizza and I had my teeth around it and I was ready to bite and all of a sudden, I HEARD NANCY SAYING "DON'T TAKE THAT FIRST BITE" :o I threw the pizza away and then I woke up. I had to smile :) See Nancy, you are getting through.
Now everytime I smell someone cooking food I think of my dream. :D

Dee
230/199/175/150/130
dee
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 16th, 2004, 6:29 am

LOL! Someone on this forum christened those dreams "eatmares" and many of us have had them! LOL

You've had a wonderful first week! Congrats!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 9:15 am

Dee ~

Congratulations on your wonderful success! You are a lovely loser!

Isn't it amazing how the hunger does indeedy doo go away? :x Drat! The DESIRE for food doesn't go away for a while, but hunger does.

:water: Drink that water! :toast: Shake it up! :boing: Skinny down!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 16th, 2004, 10:53 am

Dee,

What a great report! See? Expecting the worst those first 3 days makes it not seem so bad! Great to have you aboard the Thin Train where we Train to be Thin!

Yesterday while serving hubby a piece of his birthday cake, I got icing on my finger. By pure reflex, I proceeded to lick it but stopped myself just as my tongue touched the tip of my finger getting just a tiny bit of icing. I immediately turned to the sink- "patooey, patooey, patooey" spit several times and rinsed my mouth. I then had an eatmare last night about blowing my diet off and eating a bunch of chocolate. Woke up this morning feeling depressed and defeated until I remembered - "Hey, that was just a dream!" Dutch, none of that cake batter flew into my mouth but some made it into my brain!

Continued Success everybody! :stroll:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ErikaEastwood » September 16th, 2004, 5:42 pm

Good for you! You all are so encouraging to me! Im so excited about starting tommorrow. Some people would think you was nutz if you said you was excited about going on a liquid diet but Im crazy over MEDIFAST! I could stay at 157lbs the rest of my life and be content but this program is so easy and the shakes taste so good and make you feel wonderful that I say LEMME LOSE ANOTHER 17lbs and look and feel even better than I do now! The POWER of MEDIFAST ITS AWESOMEEEE!!! :lol:
Start Date*9-17-04* 157 LBS.

~Goal 140lbs~ 17 LBS. gone!~
ErikaEastwood

Postby DutchChoc » September 16th, 2004, 8:55 pm

Dee, CONGRATULATIONS!! This really does work well, doesn't it? And it gets easier rather than harder, kinda like each day you start over doing the same stuff and the time flies by. In no time, you'll be finishing week 2, and on, and on, and you won't believe how long you can keep going.

:-P :-P :-P

Hawaiiwhatnot, that was a very close one with nearly having a slurp of the icing. Thank goodness for the spitting or spitting reflex!! :puke: I'm so glad that it was only a dream about the rest. I know the feeling of being disappointed about the very same thing, for SURE. Do NOT want to feel that way about myself again anytime soon.

It's really a blessing to be feeling "improved" each day with clothes that fit to choose from and a conclusion that they look better than they use to on me. It's really worth quite a lot of impatience and annoyance and deprivation to feel good getting up and dressed without beating oneself up about food regrets.

So, Dee, stick around and enjoy this group of people making changes and making beautiful things happen. We're all going to Thinsville and getting our xmas presents and our general "rewards" for being faithful to our MF plans.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 9:29 pm

Hi, Erika and welcome back!

We'll be cheering for you as you drop those 17 pounds and meet your goal!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 9:40 pm

DutchChoc ~

Whee! Celebrating with you and doing the :yippee: :yippee: HAPPY DANCE :yippee: :yippee: , you scratched that pound and are down to 134!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Thanks to everyone

Postby dee » September 17th, 2004, 5:29 am

Thank you all for your kudos and encouragement. I think that's why this plan is so great, because of the wonderful support system. I'm one of those people that are very embarrassed and self concious of the way I look. :oops: I don't talk about it to anyone, my friends or family. It's great to have somewhere to go where everyone else has gone through the same feelings I have experienced. You have already made me feel a part of an extended family. :D I look forward to thindom with all of you. :hi5:
Dee
dee

Postby DutchChoc » September 17th, 2004, 5:52 am

Yup, Dee, this is ALL GOOD here and I feel convinced that it will help you. It also helps you/me to help others by participating, as in telling someone else they're doing well, you're also reinforcing the idea that you care about doing well, too, so it makes it more likely that we will continue to do the right things. Like you said, UNTIL THAT FIRST BITE, and therein lies the demon as demons go. :x Glad that LW was there for you in your dream. She will definitely look out for you.

Thanks, Nancy. :-P I can hardly believe that I'm still hanging in for the clincher. It's so "not me" to follow something almost through, if you know what I mean and I know that you do. It's like a person that I wanted to be has taken over my body, lol. I think I'll hire her!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 17th, 2004, 10:24 pm

Dutch, Dee and others ~

I DO so understand about failure to follow through. That's my M.O. I could never figure out why that was true of me regarding weight loss because I follow through with everything else in my life. I would diet, lose weight, reach a reasonable weight, stay there for five minutes, return to my old ways of eating and BLAMO! Lard happened.

Follow through is vital. Accountability is vital.

Dee, no one in my family ever understood the problems I had with food. I could never tell them how I felt about myself, how embarrassing it was to have to attend family functions and be a porker. I had HORRIBLE self-talk. I am sure that you can tell even now as I describe myself then. I do a pretty good job of talking positively about others, just not to myself or about myself. That is changing! Whee!

Tonight we went to a birthday party for our son-in-law. Some of the people at the table had Fish and Chips with Tartar Sauce and Ketchup; some had big cheese burgers with bacon and avocado and chipotle mayo and French fries with Ranch Dressing; some had fajita salads, chicken salads, and one skinny one had half a bowl of clam chowder and another skinny one had pasta and grilled chicken.

Leopard Woman had a Garden Burger with no bun – it was wrapped in lettuce leaves and had slices of tomato and red onions. I had a side salad & ordered the dressing on the side. I ate about 1 ½ teaspoons of balsamic vinaigrette dressing on my salad.

Terry ordered a Mud Pie for us to share. I had several bites of the Mud Pie, enjoyed it immensely and then I put my spoon down. I watched some of the people watching me eat it. It was amusing. Their eyes got real big when I grabbed the spoon. Some people had LOTS of Mud Pie.

I had a great time, made good healthy choices AND had tastes of decadence with NO GUILT – because I can!

Losing weight is not easy. Medifast makes it easier, however! It also makes it possible to maintain a healthy weight WHEN we choose to make permanent life style changes.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room