Yahoo! Just finished week 3!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Yahoo! Just finished week 3!

Postby Diet Diva » January 12th, 2005, 8:06 pm

Hi folks,

I just wanted to check in and post a message. I have officially finished my 3rd full week on Medifast and I feel fabulous. I think the positive vibe that I'm feeling isn't just physical. Medifast has made me feel incredibly strong emotionally...and the scale proves the success I feel inside. I have now lost a total of 17 lbs., and 116 to go!
The amazing thing about the past 3 weeks is that I have not strayed from the program. I am teacher and have to bypass temptation daily between school breakfast (FRENCH TOAST), lunch (WEINER WRAPS), and a staff lounge filled with chocolates, brownies, Doritos, and Fritos galore. I have stayed on the straight and narrow and have kept up with the program. I've even had a few other teacher look at me with a tad bit of envy as I haven't caved into temptation as they snarf down their third or fourth brownie!!! In response to others asking why I don't sample the snacks, I politely reply: "I'm avoiding all temptation as long as I carry a backside for two!"
So....here's to the rest of you. Hang in there....we'll get this done and thanks for all your encouraging words. Best to all of you.
Yours,
The Diva en route to unload that super-sized backside :D
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby mindovermatter » January 13th, 2005, 8:00 am

You go girl.

I agree, the MF plan has given me a much needed emotional boost. After trying WW for the past year and only making a net 10 pound loss with many ups and downs in between, I was feeling especially low and disgusted with myself.

In one week I have managed to double that weight loss but more importantly found others to talk to about issues other than food. Everyone has been such an inspiration.

Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2005, 7:29 pm

I am really proud of you - your attitudes rock! As a former teacher, I understand all the foodiness in a school.

Here's a cute little story for you.

I taught primary grades for most of my teaching career. The kids all knew my penchant for chocolate...

One morning Amber and her carpoolmates gathered around my desk with a Saran-wrapped brown square. Missing her front tooth, Amber thrust the little still-warm-from-clutching it in her hands for the 45 minute car ride before me. "Here, Teather! My Mama made it last night for churth an' I had her thave a piece jus' for you! You're gonna just love it!"

I loved Amber for loving me enough to lovingly bring it to me. She told me to eat it because it was "thoo vewy go-o-od!"

I told her I would save it for 'snack time.' When it was time to dine, I carefully unwrapped the mis-shapen block of 'chocklick' cake. Again, the kids stood around my desk as I had my first bite.

It was moist and true to her word, it was 'chocklicky.'

"Isthn't it just the best? I just lo-o-o-ve the frosting!"

I said, "Amber, mine doesn't have any frosting!"

She said, "Oh, Teather! That's because I thucked it all off!"

Well now...to this day I think twice before scarfing chocklick cake!

Because I do have a very vivid imagination, I can usully easily picture something gross to help me to avoid needless scarfage...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby MamaD » January 14th, 2005, 4:29 am

Diva many congrats on your great success. I too have a backside built for two and the last thing it needs is another brownie!!.. I might as well just take them and smack them straight on my butt cause that is where they are going to end up!!

Hehe...Nancy!! If we could all get together and publish all our school teacher stories we would be rich!!! I can just picture it!! I collect pigs... and the other day a little girl brought me a handful of Pig shaped animal crackers....she had pulled them out of the giant bag you get from Sams...I lined them all up on the "official Pig Shelf"...she checks every time she comes in to make sure they are still there...

I am the librarian...and the library is one door down from the lunchroom. This used to drive me crazy with the smells. I know people talk bad about lunchroom food...but they never ate at Miss Mary's!! This woman can cook...and the way I looked at it was... for 2 bucks...someone was going to cook the food for me...serve me...and then clean it up!~!! What is bad about that?? Our lunchrooms are all low fat too, no frying... man I missed that chicken!!

What is it about teachers...schoolss... and food??? There is always food somewhere. I am glad I decided to do a redo after christmas because it has not been so bad, and save the pig crackers...there has been no temtation. But I have found that I have no cravings...I get hungry...but I slurp a few and that takes care of that.

I need some clarification on the lean green thing. I think that I am doing it right but I dont do fish and chicken is gonna get old fast. ....Nancy, where can I go to read about that??

Charge on everyone!~!~!~
Happy slurping....
MamaD
Trusted Member

thanks for the support!

Postby Diet Diva » January 14th, 2005, 5:05 pm

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for the positive comments and support. :D For you fellow teachers I really enjoy your comments and have this question: Why is it that those stupid school lunches are so tempting? (My favorite is 2-taco Tuesday! )

Nancy, I almost died from laughter after reading your story!!! After picking myself up off the floor, I read it to my husband and he loved it. After all these years of teaching, he truly gets it! But thanks so much for the fun...it was great.

I am soooo loving this web site and chat forum. I look forward to reading the messages each day. I get home from school and steep a cuppa tea and enjoy my 1 MF bar of the day and peruse the daily "MF news."

I know I will continue to rely on this outlet during my weight loss since I have so much to lose (as I mentioned in my intro. last week.) I already feel terrifc and am so excited to get to my goal weight and be fit, healthy and strong once again. That triathlon is getting closer and closer, one pound at a time! Yipee Yahoo. I'm even down a couple of pounds from this original post!

Yours,
Diet Diva
:D :D
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby Nancy » January 14th, 2005, 5:37 pm

MamaD and Diet Diva ~

This is bizzarro...I USED to collect pigs, too.

I had HUNDREDS of them!

The kids loved me and always brought me piggy things for my birthday, Valentine's Day, CHRISTmas, etc.

When we moved from the parsonage to our very own little cottage 7 years ago, we had to downsize (interestingly enough, we down-sized our home before we down-sized our bods...) so I gave away all but a few of my treasured pigs...so sad, eh?

Re: Protein substitutions

Lean pork - we are able to find very nice pork tenderloins or boneless chops here and we like them grilled on the barby or on George.

Eggs can be used as part of the 5 and 1 plan in the protein portion.

A person can use, 1/2 c of egg substitute, 2 egg whites, or 2 eggs.

If you are having two full eggs a day don't do this more than 2-3 times a week due to the cholesterol level and slight carbohydrate level.

Shrimp, crab, fish can all be consumed in a slightly higher portion size such as up to 6 oz.

Shrimp is very low in calories - I hesitate to write this in print because some people will mess with this and think they can increase their chicken, pork, or beef servings - which you can not! With shrimp you may have up to 7 or 8 ounces (men may have the higher end of the portion sizes).

It is not recommended however for an individual to use imitation crab meat due to the carbohydrate level.

Tofu can be used in the "lean protein" portion of the meal.

If you are using firm tofu, use only 1/4 of the block and if using soft tofu you can have ONE (1) 2" x 1" piece.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby explorthis » January 14th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Great info Nance.. Gonna add this to the fAQ section under the "what can I have section"...

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to The Weight Room