Travelling for business - WHAT TO DO?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Travelling for business - WHAT TO DO?

Postby Kimbob » February 2nd, 2004, 7:35 pm

I'm heading off early tomorrow morning for the east coast for the rest of the week.

My company is merging with another company back east. It's a HUGE merger of two fairly good sized companies and I've been selected to lead one of the integration teams.

This will be my first time meeting these folks. On top of all day meetings, there will be lunches, dinners, lots of social interractions that will require me to be "on top of my game" at all times.

At my office I am very open about my diet, and folks are so sweet about supporting me and making sure to order plain salads, etc., whenever there are meetings that require food, or they are perfectly supportive if I just whip out a shake instead of partaking.

However, in this situation it won't be so easy. I will be expected to be "wined and dined" and I don't know what to do.

I'm wondering if I should try to do two modified meals a day while I'm there and just stay smart? Or is that too deadly?

The schedule is actually flights all day tuesday and friday, so I can easily "shake it" on the plane, but it's wed and thurs that have me very nervous.

Advice is MOST welcome!

Kimbob the Terrified
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Indigo » February 3rd, 2004, 12:11 am

Ahh, Kimbob. Think like a skinny person!!

So you are all sitting around getting wined and dined. What does a skinny person do? order the fish and a salad, pick at it, and then pass on dessert. Pretend you're sipping on a wine spritzer. People don't notice what we eat as much as we think they do-unless we make a big deal about it . . .

Besides, from all the corporate 'imaging' books I've been reading, showing a little self-control, NOT eating huge meals, NOT drinking, are signs of high status ;)

Good luck!
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss