Travelling with Soup

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Travelling with Soup

Postby sydney_gavin » February 4th, 2007, 6:53 pm

I am sure all you old M/Fasters would know not to do this but for us newbies there is much wisdom yet to be learned!

Scene - a visit to the countryside to see an ancient Chinese town - a mere 2,500 years old and once a staging point on the Southern Silk Route.

The Actors: - Moi, and my wife.

Act 1: - Find thermos flask at home suitable to hold boiling water which may be used to make my yummy scrumptious Tomato Soup programed for my 4pm meal. Success! Found a nice looking stainloess steel one my FIL used to hold his green tea. Fill it up with boiling water.

Put in plastic bag, sit bag on wifes seat in car. Wait till wife gets in. She wonders why boliing hot water is making her cute behind wet. Heavily criticises me for many misdemeanours - past present and future - adopts severe look in her eye - hopes I make no more mistakes.

Act 2: 4pm arrives - hurrah! Time for yummy, scrumptious, delicious Tomato Soup. Watching everyone tuck into various local delicacies - steamed pumkin bread, barbeque skewers of delicious meat, little fried treats from sidewalk stalls - all mouth watering goodies.

But yes! Won't Power is high - I am looking forward to Tomato Soup.

Open lid - half the water remains. The remaining half is stone cold. Aha - Thermos is not only leaking it is not working. Mix soup forlornly in cold water. Shake Thermos to 'distribute' contents. Splash myself on clean shirt through leaking Thermos. Wife laughs. Open Thermos - drink lumpy, cold, disgusting, horrible, somewhat red looking liquid which is my meal.

End: Man seen sobbing into handkerchief in car park of far away ancient village in Middle of China - local constabularly wonder if said man should be led away to a quiet mattress lined room for 'rest and relaxation'

And that ends our little playlet for today.

(And yes, I really thought my L & G last night was pretty good!!)

Kind regards

Gavin

Act as if it all depended on you; pray as if it all depended on God.
sydney_gavin
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » February 4th, 2007, 7:34 pm

I feel your pain! Although, when my supps haven't worked out, I've always been at home and could make something else. Of course I think the tomato soup is awful anyway, and imagining you choking it down cold on top of everything else - you must have a will of steel!

Sorry it happened, but thanks for the giggle. :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bdg » February 4th, 2007, 7:46 pm

First, Congrats on your compliance! I don't know how you did it. Second, I feel your pain of not having the supplies you needed when you needed them. Not by your fault even. It is never a fun feeling to want to be compliant, try and stay compliant and everything is working against you. You did great and should be commended for trying and succeeding with compliance in that hard time.

At least you got to see some of ancient China, a feat most of us could only imagine. That, I would think makes it all worth the hard work today.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Nancy » February 4th, 2007, 8:10 pm

Sydney Gavin in China ~

What an interesting soup saga - you :you: win the award :trophy: for sticking to the program under unusually skanky conditions.

I've had cold Tomater Soup before, too but there were no lumps and I used some Frank's Hot Sauce so it was like a Snappy Tom.

I am proud of you for your perseverance and commitment to your health. re: bike riding - when a person first begins exercising it is not unusual to see their weight loss slow down initially and as a rule it's because their muscles draw in more fluid - you're on the right track.

P.S. Did your wife's backside ever dry out? :hmmm:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby sydney_gavin » February 4th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Why thaaaank you Miss Nancy for the kind award - actually it wasn't too bad - I am prone the odd bit of hyperbole you know!! Hahahaha.

Wife's behind dried quickly once I put the seat warmer on in the car - just needs a jolly good spanking now and then to keep it in line!! (ok, ok, - allow me to dream!)

Bike riding was great last week - managed 127 kilometres from saturday to Sunday (thats about 80 old fashioned, Roman Imperial miles hehehehe for the truly metrically challenged).

I am finding the riding is the best stress reliever known to man after red wine, cigarettes and the odd Martini. I have set up a reminder on my computer for 3pm every day - It asks me - Are you Stressed?? Take a break, take a ride! and off I go if I am about to tear the remaining three strands of hair from the top of my head.

Ah - here I go again - talking to much hehehehe

Thanks Nancy - love your comments - see you are on Skype now - perhaps you will get a call one of these fine days from the other side of the world.

Kind regards

Gavin

sydney_gavin

Postby Nancy » February 4th, 2007, 9:32 pm

I'm waiting, Little Darlin' - call anytime.

Huh? I'm Skyped? Sheesh! I didn't even know it. How did that happen?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sydney_gavin » February 4th, 2007, 9:35 pm

Hmmm - I thought you were - then discovered I that I had upgraded my Skype on Friday and the new version takes every number it finds and offers to let you call it using itself (and on the way generate a bit of income for its owners heheheh)

So, nope, yer not on Skype yet - BUT you should be hehehehe

Kind regards

Gavin

sydney_gavin

Postby Nancy » February 4th, 2007, 10:03 pm

We are Comcastic here at the MakeMeThinner Cottage - we got the Comcast bundle - cable, telephone and internet...

It amazes me to this day that we can be connected around the world in a matter of a few moments.

We have an old oak telephone with a crank on the side that belonged to Unca's and my DH's grandfather, I have wireless phones, mobile phones, desktop 'puters and a lappy - so many communicators and yet my favorite way is to chat it up in person. Perhaps some day you and I will meet in The Thin and share a thermos of cold Tomater Soup!

We are happy to have you along for the journey, S_G, you are a cool person. You have an ambitious goal and isn't it encouraging for you to know of others that have accomplished what you will accomplish, too?

:biker:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sydney_gavin » February 4th, 2007, 10:31 pm

Hmmmmm , Miss Nancy, I can see the possibility of an invitation to the 'Event' in June materialising where we can chat in person.

Hmmmmmm..... let me think now.

And YES - it is very encouraging to see other people succeeding at this great task ahead of me. A path well worn is easy to follow.

Kind regards

Gavin

sydney_gavin

Postby Nancy » February 4th, 2007, 10:41 pm

Hoo Boy! I better get a passport.

:hmmm: Hmmm...I'll hafta figure out what to wear for that photo.
Do passport photos make ya look chubby?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby bikipatra » February 5th, 2007, 1:42 am

Nancy wrote:Hoo Boy! I better get a passport.

:hmmm: Hmmm...I'll hafta figure out what to wear for that photo.
Do passport photos make ya look chubby?

Not at all. I look so thin in mine my old boss said it looked nothing like me. (She's one of the reasons I quit, the ^&%$^)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » February 5th, 2007, 2:49 pm

:shock: Huh, whazzis?

It makes you look thinner?

How about the skin, especially in the :roll: eye area - less wrinkly?

Let's line up, Folks! :mrgreen:

Smile! :lol:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room