travel success!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

travel success!

Postby VTGirlie » May 31st, 2006, 1:33 pm

Hello everyone!

I'd like to thank so many of you for offering such excellent travel advice last week.

Our trip to Montreal was an absolute blast, and while I did not stay completely on plan, I felt successful with the choices I made AND the way I hopped right back on when I got home. With many MANY miles walked, I gained back about a pound, and have already lost that plus some! :)

On Friday I made shakes ahead of time and put them in Rubbermaid "juice boxes"- they are a PERFECT FIT!!! We kept them in the car cooler so they were perfect! :-P Everyone ate expensive sandwiches for lunch at the Biodome, and I just did my drinks and bar that afternoon. For the first time since being on the program I felt very economical about the whole thing! :D :D :D Friday night we went to a restaurant where I ordered grilled chicken and steamed veggies asking for no butter. I skipped the rolls and rice, but otherwise was able to enjoy everything! It was YUMMY!

Saturday we walked about a zillion miles (uphill, I might add) and landed in the Greek section of town. I enjoyed chicken souvlaki (on plan!) and skipped the rice and potatoes, choosing salad and lemon juice instead. I have to admit, I did have a couple of pieces of fresh bread (no butter) and glass of wine, but skipped the baklava. (My husband asked me who I was and what I'd done with his wife!)

Sunday we had a lovely italian meal and I ate Salmon and steamed green beans! I did have a couple of bites of my husband's dessert, but no bread or potatoes!

Overall, I felt very proud of myself, and very successful. It was VERY little work to do my shakes ahead of time. Saturday and Sunday I actually made them in disposable 8ounce bottles of water, so after I drank them I recycled them and didn't have to carry them around any more! The bars were a cinch, and really hit the spot for my more hungry moments!

The interesting thing that I found was how easy it was. Believe me, I had not expected that. I didn't feel left out drinking chai while everyone loaded up on breakfast buffet at the hotel, and enjoyed the convenience of being able to eat when I needed to, rather than finding the right restaurant. PLUS, my father in law took the money he saved on my not eating out and bought me a nice new pair of walking shoes!!!!! :D 8)

So, for all of you who are travelling this summer, just know that it can be done. And you will feel wonderful when you return pounds lighter in both body and spirit!!! :cleader:

Dede- my DH DID have a poutine, and loved it. :) I managed to stay away, though!!!
:lol:

Thanks to all of you for the info and support, and have a great week!!!
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 31st, 2006, 3:06 pm

Great job VT!!
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Arklahoma » June 2nd, 2006, 3:14 am

Sounds like you did a great job!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » June 2nd, 2006, 2:55 pm

Great job!! I'm glad you had fun, and how nice was that for him to buy you shoes?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 2nd, 2006, 6:34 pm

I TOLD you that you could do it! I'm proud of you! A couple slips, that's okay, you were on VACATION! I'm so happy you're right back on it and that it really is EASY to do the plan while out and about (even out of country!)

I TOLD YOU GUYS POUTINE WAS GOOD! As VT's Hubby!!!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss