First Week A Success--TOUGH--but a Success!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

First Week A Success--TOUGH--but a Success!

Postby Landylue » March 2nd, 2004, 5:09 pm

Well, it's day 8 for me and only 1 more pound to go until I can join the
10 lb club! While I didn't hit the hoped-for 10 lbs. in the first week, I did drop below the dreaded 200 mark on the scale--H U G E moment for me! :yes:

But, how sad that I had trouble thinking of a way to celebrate being under 200 that didn't include eating! We are certainly creatures of habit, aren't we. Anyway, toward the end of the day, I took myself on a walk, and decided to celebrate by sending this email. Does anyone have any ideas for a non-caloric way to pat yourself on the back?

I can't tell you how often I've logged on this forum just to read a few positive words of encouragement sailing back and forth between the members. It really helps. You're a great group!

My best to you all.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » March 2nd, 2004, 9:07 pm

Way to Go landylue...you dropped below that 200 mark...that is GREAT!! I have been so up and down in my weight over the last 10 years..just back in 1997 I weighed in at 240 pounds..I had a 100 pounds to loose..and I will never forget what It felt like to see that scale go to 199...its like a freedom!! you keep up the awesome work..
needless to say I lost the 100 pounds..only to gain 55 of it back!! but this is the first time I have actually LOST weight in years...Medifast is working for me..and it will work for all of us as long as we remain faithful to the Program!! and we come here when we need support from each other!!

YOU GO GIRL!! :-P
Keep shakin...all the way to Thinville!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 3rd, 2004, 6:50 am

Great job Landylue! I know how I felt when I got below 300--it was awesome! I vowed then and there to never have a 3 be the first number of my weight ever again!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby shineface » March 3rd, 2004, 10:02 am

Good for you Landylue!!!!!!!!!!!

Some non-caloric celebration suggestions:

They don't have to be expensive....

~buy some new nail polish - having amanicure or pedicure would be the tops!

~go to the dollar store (if you have one) and spend $5 on things you've never tryed - different shower gels, shampoo, bubble bath, or whatever...

~pick up a new notebook or journal and start to document you new journey (actually $1 store has some great ones)

~buy a new CD or rent a DVD or video

~start to go through your clothes and put aside the things you want to get rid of first asyou lose the pounds.

~Take a bath and soak...

~buy a magazine or book you want to have and then make it a point to take even 15 uninterrupted minutes to read a chapter or article.

~but some piece of costume jewelry - new pair of earrings or pin or toe ring or anklet - something pretty and frivolous...

~buy yourself some fresh flowers and put them somewhere that you will see them often the next few days - just a little "reminder of me" bouquet.

~buy a new cooler bag or travel cup to add to your MF shakin' emergency kit or travel survival kit...

Just a few off the top of my head - as the pounds fly off we do need new ways to celebrate without food --- and they are out there.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » March 3rd, 2004, 8:30 pm

Thanks so much to everyone for the needed words of encouragement AND the incredible numer of suggestions. DUH!!! :dooh: Why didn't I think of things like that?!?

I'm really hoping that tomorrow is the big day.

I appreciate you guys! :rose:

Landyllue
Landylue

Postby Landylue » March 4th, 2004, 4:30 am

It's a good day! I hit my first 10 lb goal this morning with 2 ounces to spare! :roll:

Whew! I think I'll switch to just weighing once a week. What a rollercoaster of emotions weighing daily!

Have a wonderful day--and thanks for being out there.

Landylue
Landylue

Postby Marsha » March 4th, 2004, 6:13 am

Congratulations, Landylou! When I first started, I was weighing every day, but as the weight loss slowed down to 2-4 lbs a week, I found it a de-motivator to get on the scale every day. Now I weigh once a week. It makes me more sane and I look forward to seeing how I did.

Shineface - great list of ideas..... I think it is important to reward ourselves and you have suggested some great ways.
[url]Image[/url]
Marsha
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 4th, 2004, 6:54 am

Landylue, GREAT JOB on the 10 LOSS!

Pam- What a great list, this works for stuff todo instead of eating TOO!Thanks I needed it.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room